WOS vs Celina at NRG

chukslegacy

West Orange-Stark vs Celina  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Celina has speed but WOS has more but Celina might wear them out.Wos is not physical at all.Foster was physical and win 42-14.I can't make a prediction 2 really good teams just like Gilmer was.All 3 are great

Foster got beat by George Ranch in an away game by 7 points. George Ranch is playing Mansfield Lake Ridge for the 5AD1 state championship game in NRG. How do you think Celina would have fared against Foster or George Ranch?

Atl, Center, Tatum but it was young, and Gladewater all had more team speed imo.

I don't know if the faster teams were in districk 6 but I will take a win over whoever is faster

bucks vs tatum.........bucks win

bucks vs pleasant grove......bucks win

bucks vs center....bucks win

bucks vs alt......bucks win

so we did not to get to find out about gladewheater....recon they could beat us

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol..... :D :lol: :D

I don't know if the faster teams were in districk 6 but I will take a win over whoever is faster

Celina, win.

Spears just threw another pick 6.

Celina will have to pass the ball better than they did against Gilmer. I don't think they can line up and run all over WOS. If however their passing game is going, then their running game becomes that more dangerous.

I think Celina's O line and D line will be good enough to protect their QB and get pressure on WOS QB. If the game is won in the trenches, I'll give a slight edge to Celina. If the game is won on the edges, I'll give a slight edge to WOS.

In 2003, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2012, & 2013, the team that beat Gilmer in the playoffs won state. I'm going to say that trend continues, and pick Celina in a close one, pulling it out in the 4th quarter.

Celina's big offensive line will wear down a defense. The strength of Gilmer's defense this year was shutting down the run, and Celina pretty much had their way against us the majority of the time. Usually, we gave up some yardage early in games on the edges and would make adjustments and shut that down after 2 or 3 series. In the Celina game we couldn't get that done. Alexander is also the best running back we faced all year. He is a LOAD to bring down. His yards after contact was a killer against a very good tackling Buckeye team. When it wasn't the running back, it was the QB Pingleton. He has some wheels, too. The only thing I can see that could be a problem for Celina is on defense. West Orange-Stark has probably a little more speed than Gilmer, so if they get those speedy players in space, it'll be tough for Celina to stop them. Jack Dallas is about as poised a QB as there is, and if he has time to hit a few deep passes, Celina will have to get into a shootout, and they will definitely have to hold serve.

All in all, this game is a tough one to call, and I really have very little idea how these two teams will match up. I have to go with my gut, and say Celina wins.

Lol! Celina big guys will be gasping for air come third qtr! Better bring plenty oxygen! WOS handles size real well! They just run by them leaving them in the dust. WOS small defensive lineman will be all over Celina QB! The only weakness in my opinion is the offensive line, but JD3 is real good on his feet!

What's the matter with everybody??? Don't y'all realize that every State Championship game is the celebration game of the season! Both teams win, or already won last week, hahaha. This game is just the icing on the cake for making it to THE GAME!!! Regardless of who wins this game, both teams are to be congratulated for just a stellar season. By the way, Celina should win this game by at least 2 TD's.......they are that good. Tis the season to be merry. :)

What's the matter with everybody??? Don't y'all realize that every State Championship game is the celebration game of the season! Both teams win, or already won last week, hahaha. This game is just the icing on the cake for making it to THE GAME!!! Regardless of who wins this game, both teams are to be congratulated for just a stellar season. By the way, Celina should win this game by at least 2 TD's.......they are that good. Tis the season to be merry. :)

Going with you and jackpots et al on this one Regal. Celina wins handily.

I don't understand why these WOS folks think Celina is slow? Ask Gilmer or Argyle folks Celina is not slow. Now grant you if some of these receivers are able to get out ahead of a db or the safety yea they will probably get away, but if the db's and safety keep the receivers in front of them they arnt gonna make huge gains. I'm telling you WOS is gonna have to chuck the ball deep and out run the db's if they won't to win this game. As Gilmer found out this ain't the old Celina were you can run a jet sweep around the end for 15 or 20 yards. The DE'S to a fantastic job of containing the outside and Celina's 6'2 220 mlb will finish you off. Keep thinking the Bobcats are slow you might be shocked. Not the fastest team by any stretch, but fast enough.

Went to the Celina/Gilmer game..very good game with Gilmer having a chance to win all the way to the end but left thinking the best team won. Celina not slow and they swarm to the ball,rb can fly and pretty hard to bring down ,qb has some gunslinger in him and I like the way he plays and he pretty fast himself.Think this is Celina's year unless WOS has Navasota speed from 3yrs ago..Celina by 14

I've watched 4 different films on WOS and they have a great qb and receivers. Their oline is undersized and not very good at all in run blocking. Pass blocking they are decent, but they rely on the qb getting rid of the ball quick. Defensively, I think Celina can pound the heck out of them running. WOS is small and fast, but they don't tackle all that great. I think Celina's big oline may wear them down. WOS pass defense looks really good. They get pressure on the qb and force the qb to make quick decisions.

I think Celina can play ball control pound the ball and win this game. No doubt in my mind wos is gonna score on some long pass plays, but I don't think it will be enough. I think celina wins by 2 td's

I haven't read anywhere or heard anything of the sort about Celina being slow. I'm sure they have some speed but WOS has overall great team speed. You are right about the one weakness IMO that WOS has and that's the OLine. Not the best I have seen come out of WOS. No team is better conditioned than WOS. They play with a to. Of heart. And for the one who said that WOS is not aggressive then you are mistaken