WOS vs Celina at NRG

chukslegacy

West Orange-Stark vs Celina  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Yeah, it's pretty obnoxious. To sit there and say that the outcome would've been the same if your starting QB, the QB that played a huge hand in getting you to the title game, and that they should be ashamed for depending on the QB for 50% of their offense is just dumb. Don't compare losing your starting rb to losing your starting QB. If your rb takes 100% of the snaps, calls plays, changes plays, reads the defenses, passes the rock as well as basically being your second string running back but starting, then you have a leg to stand on. Absolutely the game would've been different. Stark might have still won, we'll never know though. They're the champs so congrats.

You are right the game would have been different but unfortunately injuries are part of the game. I was impressed by both teams and they both left everything on the field. That as a player is all you can do.

Yeah, it's pretty obnoxious. To sit there and say that the outcome would've been the same if your starting QB, the QB that played a huge hand in getting you to the title game, and that they should be ashamed for depending on the QB for 50% of their offense is just dumb. Don't compare losing your starting rb to losing your starting QB. If your rb takes 100% of the snaps, calls plays, changes plays, reads the defenses, passes the rock as well as basically being your second string running back but starting, then you have a leg to stand on. Absolutely the game would've been different. Stark might have still won, we'll never know though. They're the champs so congrats.

Exactly. I can guarantee that every team the played this weekend depended immensely on their QB. Prolly safe to say none of those teams would have been their if they lost QB1 late in the playoffs. But that's not even the point. Point is these posters are acting very obnoxious about a win. Again congrats on the State Championship. I know it's a great feeling as a fan.

Exactly. I can guarantee that every team the played this weekend depended immensely on their QB. Prolly safe to say none of those teams would have been their if they lost QB1 late in the playoffs. But that's not even the point. Point is these posters are acting very obnoxious about a win. Again congrats on the State Championship. I know it's a great feeling as a fan.

Obnoxious is how you posters treat people from SETX! We come on here to have some discussions and look for some fun during the playoff season and you folks take it way to serious! Maybe just maybe its a little envy but get over it dude and let us enjoy our SC! It was you people who blew WOS off saying we have no chance to win and that Celina would blow us out and now we are hearing that Gilmer was a better team! Huh, they got beat by the team we man handled so where is the logic!

• Like 1

Pingleton is a top 5 qb in 4A and to say the game wouldn't be different had he not got injured is so stupid and ignorant. I'm seriously not upset that Celina lost, I'm upset that after losing their qb the trophy was basically handed over to wos. That's how much he meant to our offense. Again for people who say it's not a one man show ect. Take a starting qb away from any team in the title game see what happens hs, college or pros. I'll say it a million more times wos is lucky Pingleton got hurt the kid is legit and it a shame people missed seeing him play.

You guys haven't aeen speed like you will come Friday against the Mustangs! Mustangs blow past Celina in a big way! WOS spread is getting bigger! Every poll in Texas has WOS beating Celina! Only east Texans think Celina wins! Don't underestimate the little mustangs. I don't want any excuses come Friday evening when the Bobcats are leaving H town dazed and confused!

Celina's Coach was looking like he could not believe his eyes. WOS, unlike Celina who relied on 1 man, is a complete team. Every person on that team is a threat. Celina had never seen the likes of the WOS Chain gang defense, nor the speed and talent of the WOS offense. Everyone at WOS wishes their QB had not got hurt, so it would have been a more interesting game, and Celina had no excuses. Regardless of their QB injury, WOS was going to win this one. WOS defense shut down the Celina Offense.

I truly hope the Celina QB recovers soon, and has no lasting effects from the broken arm.

What I enjoyed about that game was Starks scrappy little defense. They were small but don't tell them that, I love scrappy kids

Yeah, prior to the game, we were hearing how WOS defense was going to get beat up by the Celina Offensive line, and how some RB, was going to run all over them. These people do not realize the conditioning and strength of the WOS team. On top of that, they are fast! They will line up against opponents that out weigh them 50lbs and never blink. Normally, those big guys tongues are hanging out by the middle of the 2nd quarter.

Celina's Coach was looking like he could not believe his eyes. WOS, unlike Celina who relied on 1 man, is a complete team. Every person on that team is a threat. Celina had never seen the likes of the WOS Chain gang defense, nor the speed and talent of the WOS offense. Everyone at WOS wishes their QB had not got hurt, so it would have been a more interesting game, and Celina had no excuses. Regardless of their QB injury, WOS was going to win this one. WOS defense shut down the Celina Offense.

I truly hope the Celina QB recovers soon, and has no lasting effects from the broken arm.

Dude are you serious take your blue colored glasses off for a moment. Are you forgetting the same coach and a lot of the same players played Gilmer last year? Are you serious when you say the outcome would have been different? Unless your omniscient which I'm sure your not you have no clue at all. Just like I don't know if having our qb would have won us the game. What I do know based on 14 previous games is Celina's offense would have ran way more efficient and more points scored. My gosh some of yall are so big headed. Again yall didn't get Celina's best plain and simple call it what you want call it an excuse I don't care it's a fact. If the players say Gilmer was a better team I believe it they played against them not me and not yall. In sports the cards have to fall right and you gotta of some breaks here and there and wos got the cards and the breaks. Its part of the game, but stop acting like yall are some world beaters yall did what you had to do again and the cards fell your way this time.

I live inthe area were WOS plays. I have seen them play every year for 20+ years atleast once a year.. They are always physical and tough on defense...... To say anything different is a pure lack of knowledge

The thing is wos was not that physical fast yes physical not so much. I'll get crucified for saying that, but it's the truth the players even said that. That was part of Gilmer being better.

The thing is wos was not that physical fast yes physical not so much. I'll get crucified for saying that, but it's the truth the players even said that. That was part of Gilmer being better.

Not physical huh? I guess you missed all those sacks and no gains by the Celina offense.

Yes, I am not blind and yes, WOS would have won this game regardless of your QB. I just wish he had not got hurt, so you would not have any excuses. Well, I wish he had not got hurt, period.

Hey, WOS are the Champions!

Dude are you serious take your blue colored glasses off for a moment. Are you forgetting the same coach and a lot of the same players played Gilmer last year? Are you serious when you say the outcome would have been different? Unless your omniscient which I'm sure your not you have no clue at all. Just like I don't know if having our qb would have won us the game. What I do know based on 14 previous games is Celina's offense would have ran way more efficient and more points scored. My gosh some of yall are so big headed. Again yall didn't get Celina's best plain and simple call it what you want call it an excuse I don't care it's a fact. If the players say Gilmer was a better team I believe it they played against them not me and not yall. In sports the cards have to fall right and you gotta of some breaks here and there and wos got the cards and the breaks. Its part of the game, but stop acting like yall are some world beaters yall did what you had to do again and the cards fell your way this time.

And, what you fail to realize is that Cornel just kept it on the ground, instead of going to the air, and screen plays, as he has. Heck, Elliot said he lost 75% of his game plan when the QB got hurt. If he was relying on one player to produce 75% of the results, then I have a hard time accepting that Celina, as a team, should have even been there. If Jack Dallas got hurt, WOS had a very capable back up QB, that would have stepped in and done the same thing. WOS is a complete team. It was evident in the 3rd Quarter, that Cornel was just running out the clock, and he was not interested in putting a bunch more points on the board. Cuero played WOS better. And, Gilmer people that watched both games, said no way that Celina was going to win against WOS.

• Like 2

I keep hearing people say Gilmer was tougher and a better team than WOS but they failed to make it to the SC game. I guess Celina must have got lucky when they beat Gilmer or did Gilmer lose their QB first drive! By the way the Celina and Gilmer score didn't really reflect any good defense with all those points scored. REMEMBER DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!!!!

Seriously, what do you think they're going to say??? "They were way better than us and would have beat us no matter what"??? Come one, man. They're kids who had a terrible thing happen to them. Any reasonable adult would understand that...lol

• Like 1

Not physical huh? I guess you missed all those sacks and no gains by the Celina offense.

Yes, I am not blind and yes, WOS would have won this game regardless of your QB. I just wish he had not got hurt, so you would not have any excuses. Well, I wish he had not got hurt, period.

Hey, WOS are the Champions!

That doesn't make you physical, anyway I'm done congrats on the title wos is obviously the second coming of the 85 bears and coached by the ghost of Vince Lombardi and has a clone of Tom Brady at qb. I'm sure all the wos players will be playing d1 football and we will see all of them in the NFL in about 2020 or 2021.

Celina would have won this game if they did not get there QB hurt.Thats football tho.If Celina did not have there QB the whole game aginst Gilmer the bux would have won by 4 TDs.Trust me Celina held WOS to 22 points with no offense.After they lost there QB 75 percent of the playbook was out the window

Didn't the Celina QB break his arm on a run play? Maybe he should be more of a pocket QB than a dual threat if he is such a threat passing.