WOS vs Celina at NRG

chukslegacy

West Orange-Stark vs Celina  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Take jack Dallas out of the game for WOS

Gilmer was better than WOS this year

Gilmer was better than WOS this year

haha. You never saw Peyton Robertson take snaps, have you. He is loaded with ability, and as WOS is a complete team, rather than a 1 or 2 person team, the team would have rallied behind him. He is almost as good as Dallas.

haha. You never saw Peyton Robertson take snaps, have you. He is loaded with ability, and as WOS is a complete team, rather than a 1 or 2 person team, the team would have rallied behind him. He is almost as good as Dallas.

Again yall are the second coming of the 85 Bears and the Robertson kid has to be as good as Peyton Manning. Celina played a bunch of legendary pro bowelers.

• Like 1

Again yall are the second coming of the 85 Bears and the Robertson kid has to be as good as Peyton Manning. Celina played a bunch of legendary pro bowelers.

haha. Peyton is not related to Peyton Manning, but his dad and uncle played professional base ball,

Here's my opinion, and it matches some of the earlier statements.

Celina lost their biggest leader, play maker, and yardage gainer in the first drive of the game. Did people say that Celina's o-line would dominate? Yes. Did people say Alexander would run all over Celina? Yes. Does losing your starting QB in what is usually a spread offense drastically change that? Of course.

Everyone saw that there where wide open receivers in this game. Do not act like the WOS defense was impenetrable, as it was not. On numerous occasions I saw #7 miss wide open targets. He couldn't get the ball within 5 yards of a receiver 70% of the times he attempted.

So when you constantly give the ball back to WOS, have absolutely no passing threat, and WOS is able to consistently stack 8-9 in the box, who do you think will win the battle in the trenches? It's a numbers game at that point.

Fact - WOS won, fair and square. Nobody is taking anything away from them, I promise. The simple argument is that the game would have been entirely different if Pingleton had been able to play. Maybe not a different victor, but an entirely different game. You have to look at what someone like Pingleton does for the team. Doesn't mean he is the team, it means he plays a huge role in how the team plays, and how it plays together. They literally changed the entire offensive playbook when he went out.

That being said, I keep seeing all these posts of everyone who will be back next year, but we will see. Congratulations to both teams again.

The reason the Celina QB couldn't complete passes is because he was running for his life! I will be the first to say that if Celina 1st team QB was able to stay in the game, they might have scored some points but to say Celinas defense kept WOS to 22 points is crazy. Coach T kept the score respectable. WOS could have come out the 3rd qtr and really ran the score up but instead worked on running the clock out. I mean at halftime it was already over with! And I don't mean that in a sarcastic way. Losing ur QB took a lot of wind out ur sail. I can pretty much guarantee that WOS will repeat next year unless football gets banned for being to offensive!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS and have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Like I said poor sportsmanship!

Yes, your right. You 3 or 4 posters are the absolute worst winners I ever seen. We have seen some stuff on Smoaky but to me this takes the cake. I have never seen people from a state championship team act like this. Winning ships and proving people wrong is old hat around here. I understand yall have a lot built up since it's been 30 years. Just take it somewhere else. Nobody gives a hoot about WOS or Celina around here. I hope they both lose every game from here on out.

Yes, your right. You 3 or 4 posters are the absolute worst winners I ever seen. We have seen some stuff on Smoaky but to me this takes the cake. I have never seen people from a state championship team act like this. Winning ships and proving people wrong is old hat around here. I understand yall have a lot built up since it's been 30 years. Just take it somewhere else. Nobody gives a hoot about WOS or Celina around here. I hope they both lose every game from here on out.

[/quo

you people are something else! first of all setx could care less about anything in east texas! We are just responding to those who think WOS only won because the QB got hurt! That my friend is poor sportsmanship any way you look at it. And as far as Carthage you bulldogbacker you are still butt hurt over that loss to vega! For you to make a comment like you did about us losing every game from here on out shows you have no freakin class! Like I said you only talk trash because your boys were sent home early!! get over it

Folks, this game is over and has been for almost a week now. WOS is the best team in 4a D2 right now. WOS will be back next year and be in the hunt to win it again due to all of the players returning. Celina is a solid team and yes their QB going down hurt but that is football. Coach T and the chain gang D really showed up and had Celina under lock and key the whole night. That is what WOS does..play great D and always have. Congrats to the WOS staff and the Celina staff for playing in the big game. Enjoy the off season!

Good luck to both next season.

• Like 1

you people are something else! first of all setx could care less about anything in east texas! We are just responding to those who think WOS only won because the QB got hurt! That my friend is poor sportsmanship any way you look at it. And as far as Carthage you bulldogbacker you are still butt hurt over that loss to vega! For you to make a comment like you did about us losing every game from here on out shows you have no freakin class! Like I said you only talk trash because your boys were sent home early!! get over it

Dude you have bumped your head. I'm not upset at all about Carthage or anything else. We got beat by a better team. We had a great season. Fans at Carthage know we can't win it every year. You guys are the most delusional bunch of state championship winners I have ever witnessed. It's bad cause it's only 3 or 4 guys out of what I am sure is a great group of fans. But you guys are terrible winners. Who cares if people think yall won cause of Celina losing their QB. That's part of winning with class and taking the high road. Put yourself in Celina fans shoes. And if SETX could care less about anything ETX or what we think carry your conversation somewhere else. It's getting ridiculous. Like I said you guys won the championship. Congrats on the accomplishment. Maybe if you guys go back to back you will learn a little humility next time.

The reason so many are posting on this, was due to all the smack talk from Celina, prior to the game. They said that WOS was going to be hurting from the hitting they were going to get. They said some RB of theirs was going to run it down the WOS throat. About how they had the BEST coach for making half time adjustments. They made videos and put them on youtube, about beating WOS, as well as other videos proclaiming themselves so great. The TV coverage even spent twice as much time talking about Celina, and how good they were, the whole time WOS was winning. It gets down to no respect from a few of the Celina people. And when it was over, they didn't show respect to WOS, but said they only won because of the QB issue, and then further disrespected WOS, by saying other teams they played were better than WOS. So, you can expect for the WOS people to bite back, just like you would have, if you were in that position. No ne is forcing you to read this, so, if you don't like it, don't read it. It took the teams 18 weeks to get to the SC, so don't expect people to forget about it in 3 days.

• Like 2

The reason the Celina QB couldn't complete passes is because he was running for his life! I will be the first to say that if Celina 1st team QB was able to stay in the game, they might have scored some points but to say Celinas defense kept WOS to 22 points is crazy. Coach T kept the score respectable. WOS could have come out the 3rd qtr and really ran the score up but instead worked on running the clock out. I mean at halftime it was already over with! And I don't mean that in a sarcastic way. Losing ur QB took a lot of wind out ur sail. I can pretty much guarantee that WOS will repeat next year unless football gets banned for being to offensive!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS and have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

The fact that you actually believe what you are typing is the only part of this that really astounds me.

The reason so many are posting on this, was due to all the smack talk from Celina, prior to the game. They said that WOS was going to be hurting from the hitting they were going to get. They said some RB of theirs was going to run it down the WOS throat. About how they had the BEST coach for making half time adjustments. They made videos and put them on youtube, about beating WOS, as well as other videos proclaiming themselves so great. The TV coverage even spent twice as much time talking about Celina, and how good they were, the whole time WOS was winning. It gets down to no respect from a few of the Celina people. And when it was over, they didn't show respect to WOS, but said they only won because of the QB issue, and then further disrespected WOS, by saying other teams they played were better than WOS. So, you can expect for the WOS people to bite back, just like you would have, if you were in that position. No ne is forcing you to read this, so, if you don't like it, don't read it. It took the teams 18 weeks to get to the SC, so don't expect people to forget about it in 3 days.

It's all true the cards fell wos way be thankful.

Look at it This way... All that Smacktalk, etc, kinda makes Stark the " Underdog" in the fight, & when the underdog pulls off the "Impossible".... Why that just makes Victory that much sweeter! 😋
  • Like 1

I well say my peace and shut up. I did not really care who won th WOS vs. Celina. I did pick WOS to win th game by a very small margin. The reason I picked WOS was solely on witnessing their gam against Gilmer last year. I think Celina should be very disappointed that their starting QB was hurt in the first quarter. I also do not think the Celina fans should not downplay the great efforts of WOS victory. WOS should accept the congratulations and move on. Both of these teams have outstanding programs. When Carthage lost their very talented rb Ingram before the LaVega game I did not hear "The Dawgs" use it as an excuse for their loss. Unfortunately, injuries is part of football that we all have witnessed this year. That being said I would love to see the same two teams again in the State Championship Game. I have heard rumors that Celina may be moving up to 4AD1?

I well say my peace and shut up. I did not really care who won th WOS vs. Celina. I did pick WOS to win th game by a very small margin. The reason I picked WOS was solely on witnessing their gam against Gilmer last year. I think Celina should be very disappointed that their starting QB was hurt in the first quarter. I also do not think the Celina fans should not downplay the great efforts of WOS victory. WOS should accept the congratulations and move on. Both of these teams have outstanding programs. When Carthage lost their very talented rb Ingram before the LaVega game I did not hear "The Dawgs" use it as an excuse for their loss. Unfortunately, injuries is part of football that we all have witnessed this year. That being said I would love to see the same two teams again in the State Championship Game. I have heard rumors that Celina may be moving up to 4AD1?

Nope staying d2.

Look at it This way... All that Smacktalk, etc, kinda makes Stark the " Underdog" in the fight, & when the underdog pulls off the "Impossible".... Why that just makes Victory that much sweeter!

What is so comical is that the defeat of Celina was never an impossibility, and the disrespect that everyone showed toward the West Orange-Stark team, was pretty disgusting. So, when WOS wins, and crows about it to the nay sayers, they don't like it. The fact is, if they played tomorrow, the results would be the same. haha.

What is so comical is that the defeat of Celina was never an impossibility, and the disrespect that everyone showed toward the West Orange-Stark team, was pretty disgusting. So, when WOS wins, and crows about it to the nay sayers, they don't like it. The fact is, if they played tomorrow, the results would be the same. haha.

If I understand correctly, Stark went 30 years since winning a title, therefore Celina, who has won titles Many times, & was going for their Eighth Championship, understandably was expecting the win, as was almost everyone else besides the WOS faithful. The fact that the Celina QB was injured is just one of those unfortunate blows that turn the tide of things in Games. Celina may well have been the team that was going to win, but the QB going out shifted the outcome to Stark's favor. The best team playing at the final buzzer Won the game.