Tatum Varsity Basketball Tournament

got2score

So back to my previous point about this tourney being useless... I would love to see Marshall's style go to a DFW tourney to clash with some more physical teams that can run them up and down the court. I know this isnt feasible budget-wise, but come playoff time, I dont think this tournament does anything to help Marshall know where they stand...

I dont know if anyone in Louisiana plays good ball... maybe find one of the tougher Shreveport schools?

So back to my previous point about this tourney being useless... I would love to see Marshall's style go to a DFW tourney to clash with some more physical teams that can run them up and down the court. I know this isnt feasible budget-wise, but come playoff time, I dont think this tournament does anything to help Marshall know where they stand...

I dont know if anyone in Louisiana plays good ball... maybe find one of the tougher Shreveport schools?

I guess trailing to Center would be useless.... But I get what you say.

When the basketball program gets a bigger budget..I can't remember the last time we had a tournament I can remember a small summer tournament we had almost 8 years or so ago though.

I can remember the the girls went to a Tournament recently in Marshall.

After you'll have a Boys Tournament in Marshall that would be a good time to start criticizing

or making constructive suggestions to another Tournament.

Hope when you do you will invite Tatum,

After you'll have a Boys Tournament in Marshall that would be a good time to start criticizing

No complaints here I absolutely love the Tatum tournament close proximity beautiful gym professional the whole nine idk if they still do it but they even have a courtesy room for the players to get a snack etc after games the competition is usually pretty decent imo Texas High Whitehouse Henderson Hallsville and others have been there throughout the years I've went, all past or present district mates the other tournaments we choose to go to are the weak links if you ask me...
  • Like 1

I am pretty sure this is in reference to me... But I have nothing bad to say about Tatum, a school district that has great facilities and hosts great tournaments... but we have a 5A Marshall school in a tournament with 2A-4A schools... I know that doesn't always make or break a team, but Marshall has been out of the state tournament early 2 years in a row with really good coaching and really good teams. I think part of that is not facing some of the similar size schools/talent that will beat them up in a 5A tournament each year.

That's all I was getting at... If Marshall hosted a tournament, it would be essentially the same exact teams that are in the Tatum tournament due to location and much smaller basketball budgets as compared to football budgets...