SPOILER ALERT! If you have NOT seen Star Wars: The Force Awakens, you may not want to read this thread

BillSimmons

My original thought was that Ren would be Luke's son and he went through a rebellious phase where he hated everything his parents stood for and found out about his grandad and got caught up in it. Then I figured there might be some kind of switch where Luke was pretending to be a bad guy in order to switch his son back and his reveal would be at the end.

Well, he was a grandson after all, but Luke seems set to be a major part of 8.

Dang, so Luke just abandoned his daughter? Did he have a 1 night stand at Mos Eisley and not know about her? Ha. They better have a good reason for him abandoning her especially with his daddy issues.

I saw an interview title about Ford talking about his death, but I avoided it not knowing if it was real or a joke. SW likes dropping dead bodies down vast holes it seems.

Han Solo get killed by his son????

That actually made me shed a tear. As for Rey being Luke's daughter it's possible since his light saber beckoned her. I think she could be Han and Leia's daughter too, because her inner feelings were that she looked to him as a father. When she touches the light saber and has flashbacks, she sees Kylo Ren tearing her mother away, and she is left in Jakku. Another thing is her ability to quickly learn to fly and repair the Millennium Falcon. Another thing was when Princess Leia hugged her when they returned to base. I'm sure we'll learn more in the next one, because her and Luke just looked at her when she was returning his light saber. I think she could be either one of their kids, she was simply hidden as Luke had been hidden.

In books, didn't Ben Solo have a sister????

Jaina Solo who is the twin sister of Jacen, and from the illustrations she looks like Rey. However according to this: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Skywalker_family Luke had three children Luuke his clone, Ben, and an unknown female. Luke and Leia had 3 children as well Jaina, Jacen, and Anakin according to this : http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/House_of_Solo. There isn't a mention of Ben in the books, but they do have Ben as being the son of Luke. Wikipedia shows that Leia and Han did have a son name Ben that became Kylo Ren. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skywalker_family .

They are not following the books, so it really doesn't matter. I read several of the post ROTJ books with Admiral Thrawn. He had a cool ending.

Did John Williams make new themes for the new characters? I was really invested in the story and did not even think about the score. The only time I ever thought about it was when he brought back some of the old themes.

What character is that /what book?

I have probably forgotten most of what I read and I definitely didn't read all of them.

Kylo Ren was not mentioned in the books : Kylo Ren was first revealed in the first teaser trailer for Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens onNovember 28, 2014. Ren's name was revealed by Entertainment Weekly in an exclusive trading card. He also appeared in the second teaser trailer,[6] and will appear on all The Force Awakens merchandise.[7] On May 4, 2015, it was confirmed by video footage released by Vanity Fair that Kylo Ren is portrayed by Adam Driver.

A similar personality, Jacen Solo, appeared in the continuity of Star Wars Legends, the old "Expanded Universe." Like Kylo Ren, Jacen was the son of Han Solo and Leia Organa who was trained as a Jedi by Luke Skywalker, only to turn to the dark side and take a new name, Darth Caedus.[8]

There were so many books written is it even possible to make a complex story with multiple characters and not have something similar?

I was too young when the original trilogy came out to know about the waiting, but I'm feeling it now. I don't seem to remember this type of cliffhanger with the prequels. A year and a half doesn't seem like enough time for a movie this big. With all the sequels and spinoffs, plus all the other superhero/comic book movies, I'm guessing special fx studios are busy.

This one is my 2nd-3rd favorite episode. Say what you want about Disney but this one was light years better that any of the prequels or return of the Jedi. And yes I agree, Ren is clearly Luke's daughter.

I rank it fourth still. This one was darker, and the only comedy basically came from Chewbacca and Han. That's what killed the middle three. It's also more darker than any of the others. I rank them 1. Empire Strikes Back 2. Return of the Jedi, 3. Star Wars, 4. Force Awakens, 5. Attack of the Clones, 6. Revenge of the Sith, and 7. The Phantom Menace (Darth Maul was it's saving grace).

Empire Strikes back is one of the darkest in the series, second to maybe this one and Revenge of the Sith just because of what Anakin does at the temple. And Han and Chewie's humor was really forced in this one, like the whole crossbow bit. Your telling me in 40+ years together Han has never watched or used Chewie's crossbow?? Either way I liked this one and it is tied with New Hope for my second favorite behind Empire Strikes Back. Also the whole awkward daddy daughter stare down between Luke and Rey was about 30 seconds too long for me lol. Either say something or roll credits.