SPOILER ALERT! If you have NOT seen Star Wars: The Force Awakens, you may not want to read this thread

BillSimmons

So they are mixing things up to make it interesting and mysterious.......

They are relying heavily on the Knights of the Old Republic Video game too as influence. No way Rey is a Solo. She spent too much time with Han and Leia in the movie for them not to recognize her.

Why she is Luke's daughter --

1. Natural mechanic and pilot like Anakin and Luke

2. Starts her jedi training late like Anakin and Luke

3. Comes from a dessert planet like Anakin and Luke

4. In the battle with Kylo, the light saber coming out of the the snow to Rey was a direct reference to Empire Strikes back where Luke pulls his lightsaber out of the snow when he is captured by the snow yeti.

5. This is circumstantial = she is more natural to the force than her possible cousin Ben Solo i.e. Kylo Ren. She kicks his tail even though its her first time with a lightsaber.

6. When Kylo is interrogating her, he says he sees islands and oceans in her mind..... Where do we find Luke?

7. Finally, where is the map to find Luke? On the same planet as Rey. He obviously wanted her to find him.

What if Luke did all kinds of Force wipes on people to hide her identity?

Yeah, Han being so surprised by the crossbow seemed odd. Did he have the exact same weapon in prior movies? I don't think he has it in Star Wars or Empire, which I watched recently.

All those Rey/Luke instances may be over the top to try and fool the audience?

Empire Strikes back is one of the darkest in the series, second to maybe this one and Revenge of the Sith just because of what Anakin does at the temple. And Han and Chewie's humor was really forced in this one, like the whole crossbow bit. Your telling me in 40+ years together Han has never watched or used Chewie's crossbow?? Either way I liked this one and it is tied with New Hope for my second favorite behind Empire Strikes Back. Also the whole awkward daddy daughter stare down between Luke and Rey was about 30 seconds too long for me lol. Either say something or roll credits.

The thing about the stare down is Rey thought that Luke Skywalker was once a myth. It's sort of odd that her mother never told her who her father was. I realize that she was a young girl when her mother was what appeared to taken away. It looked to me like Luke didn't even want her to show up, because he didn't say anything. He seemed more surprised in seeing his lightsaber, than seeing her. I can understand why Han may have never used Chewie's crossbow, because some people are protective about their firearms, guitars, cars, you name it.

Yea but he should have at least seen its firepower after all those years together lol, but that's just me being snarky. I don't think Luke was disappointed to see her, more helping her figure things out. Like you said she may very well have never seen his face before, or he wiped himself from her memory to protect her.

I saw someone else put up the theory that Rey was offspring of a dark Jedi or experiment of some kind. Maybe Luke was supposed to keep this child away from the dark side, etc.

I was just thinking, if they have Luke's lightsaber from Empire, then someone could have had his hand. Then they use his hand to make a clone and it will give it some connection to Luke.

I'm thinking there has to be some kind of memorial for Han in the next film. That would be awesome if somehow they bring back Lando and he somehow saved Han's body before it would have been blown up. I forget how much time passed between him falling and the explosion.

Also, what does a lightsaber stab do to someone? All these times that arms get cut off, there is little blood. Is that just to keep the movie less gruesome or does it cauterize the wound? So would it just make a sealed off hole through the body? Would it be so hot that it would melt the person's insides? Up to this point I think the movies only showed limbs being cut off, not any stabbing. It must happen some in the prequels and it looks like a lot outside of the movies - after I Googled it.

That's another question I have, they said that was Anakin's first then Luke's now hers. The one Obi Wan originally gave Luke that was supposedly Anakin's was left on the first Death Star when Darth killed Ben. When the heck did Luke get that back? And if that's true where the hell did they find Luke's saber after Darth cut his hand off in Cloud city???

I think a tribute to Han in something carbonitey would be fitting.

Big question: Didn't when Disney bought Star Wars they release what was and was not canon to the series? Some books and shows were, some were not?

Rey is Leia's Daughter.

After Ben (Kylo Ren)went to the dark side, she was hidden for protection.

Solo never even knew Leia was pregnant.

The anger she will feel toward Leia will push her to the darkside, but Finn will bring her back.

In the books. Solo and Leia always had 2 kids.

mark it down.

This one is my 2nd-3rd favorite episode. Say what you want about Disney but this one was light years better that any of the prequels or return of the Jedi. And yes I agree, Ren is clearly Luke's daughter.

Return of the Jedi could have been much better had they left out the ewoks. I realize they were going for the kids, but I did like the speeder bikes in it. Seeing Leia in that slave bikini almost nullifies the ewoks. I also thought the destruction of the Death Star was far better than in the original.

Rey is Leia's Daughter.

After Ben (Kylo Ren)went to the dark side, she was hidden for protection.

Solo never even knew Leia was pregnant.

The anger she will feel toward Leia will push her to the darkside, but Finn will bring her back.

In the books. Solo and Leia always had 2 kids.

mark it down.

That's my thinking, but it could go either way, because Luke did have an unknown daughter.

Lightsabers Cauterize the wounds.......haven't you guys seen them burn through metal doors???

Shouldn't blasters do the same thing ? I was wondering how the stormtrooper in the village massacre was bleeding. The only way I could see it is if part of his body armor penetrated a vein or artery.

I watched ROTJ the other day. I don't see the big negative feeling towards the Ewoks. They don't appear until an hour into the movie. If this is a world that can have scary sand pit monsters, why can't there be little bears? Ha.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is this - what was Han flying when he boarded the Millenium Falcon? Is that ship just abandoned? If I remember correctly it was huge and totally engulfed the Falcon.

Shouldn't blasters do the same thing ? I was wondering how the stormtrooper in the village massacre was bleeding. The only way I could see it is if part of his body armor penetrated a vein or artery.

You ever see a blaster cut through a heavy titanium door????

I watched ROTJ the other day. I don't see the big negative feeling towards the Ewoks. They don't appear until an hour into the movie. If this is a world that can have scary sand pit monsters, why can't there be little bears? Ha.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is this - what was Han flying when he boarded the Millenium Falcon? Is that ship just abandoned? If I remember correctly it was huge and totally engulfed the Falcon.

I had no use for them. The only thing I can find is that it was a cargo transport ship.

Kylo Ren was not mentioned in the books : Kylo Ren was first revealed in the first teaser trailer for Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens onNovember 28, 2014. Ren's name was revealed by Entertainment Weekly in an exclusive trading card. He also appeared in the second teaser trailer,[6] and will appear on all The Force Awakens merchandise.[7] On May 4, 2015, it was confirmed by video footage released by Vanity Fair that Kylo Ren is portrayed by Adam Driver.

A similar personality, Jacen Solo, appeared in the continuity of Star Wars Legends, the old "Expanded Universe." Like Kylo Ren, Jacen was the son of Han Solo and Leia Organa who was trained as a Jedi by Luke Skywalker, only to turn to the dark side and take a new name, Darth Caedus.[8]

Kylo Ren is from the Ren Clan, which is part of the EU, and they decided to bring that part into the canon

I think a tribute to Han in something carbonitey would be fitting.

Big question: Didn't when Disney bought Star Wars they release what was and was not canon to the series? Some books and shows were, some were not?

There was a force awakens book released digitally the same day as the movie that fills in the gaps between Return of the Jedi and Force Awakens. I am currently in the process of obtaining said book lol.

There was a force awakens book released digitally the same day as the movie that fills in the gaps between Return of the Jedi and Force Awakens. I am currently in the process of obtaining said book lol.

That's what I'd like to know. How do they go from destroying the Empire to it being full force again in less than 40 years ? Then again Germany was back in force 25 years after it was defeated in WW I.

That's what I'd like to know. How do they go from destroying the Empire to it being full force again in less than 40 years ? Then again Germany was back in force 25 years after it was defeated in WW I.

They didn't destroy the empire......they simply killed the emperor........

This is not the Empire. It's the First Order.

Exactly, and according to Wookiepedia it became so fragmented and powerless after signing the Galactic Concordance, and exactly why I compared it to Germany, especially with the scene of the Nazi style speech in the movie.

Did anyone else see where George Lucas accidentally said he sold Star Wars to the white slave masters then quickly came back and apologized saying he misspoke. Lol must have been scared of Emperor Mickey.

I saw that. It sounds like he was angry that he wasn't included in the creation, which would have meant more money for him. I can't blame him for saying what he did, because he created it. I thought it was funny that many comments on facebook were complaining that Lucas gave us Jar Jar Binks, and those that refuse to watch this movie as Jar Jars. I also came across this, and it's another take on who Rey's father is : https://medium.com/@benostrower/rey-is-a-kenobi-362b5af09849#.vyo0yck6q . I can see that aspect as well, but I still think she is a Solo. http://www.techinsider.io/rey-from-star-wars-theory-2015-12 . I think we'll find out in 1 year, 4 months, and 24 days.

I saw the movie a second time in 3D.

I noticed something that I also noticed the first time.

Remember when BB8 leaves the battle and goes over the hill - I think this is when it happens?

Some weird alien's head pops up over the hill and just looks. It just looks so odd and out of place. I wonder if some kind of modern vehicle was in the shot or something and they just digitally added a creature to cover it up. I don't think the alien comes in to play later, like they were setting up the alien to be the one that revealed where BB8 went.

It's hard to explain what it looks like. Basically a rectangle with 2 eyes.