NRG vs. AT&T

Horns85

Attendance will be down big time! The video screen people killed me. Never again at nrg. I think the uil will see by the attendance to never leave at&t because they are about that money and they will be hit hard because of lack of attendance. I know the nfl screwed that up.

Tomorrow is what counts... the big schools. At least in regards to what the UIL is looking at which I agree is just $$. 5 of the 6 teams are much closer to NRG than AT&T with North Shore literally a 15 minute drive away. NRG also had the top level closed off Thursday and Friday and there were people lined up in the concessions watching at the end of the WOS game because there weren't seats except on the goals. The WOS side was completely full and it stayed that way with George Ranch. Another factor is the tradition of the schools and how far away they're traveling. A lot of schools playing haven't even been around for 10 years so don't have the fan base. I guarantee with Katy, North Shore, Westlake, Lake Travis and Cedar Park all playing tomorrow it will be a different story. IMO to be considerate it should stay central in San Antonio until Austin builds an indoor stadium. Otherwise rotate. There definitely is a home team advantage from the local crowds that are there to back their teams. North Texas is 1-3 so far, Southeast Texas is 2-0 with Katy and North Shore yet to play. Last year it was the exact opposite.

NRG was better than I expected, but cannot compare to AT&T. The part of town and overall environment is just not comparable to what I would prefer if given a choice. Take it back to AT&T and keep it there unless there's a legitimate conflict like there was this year with the Cowboys game Saturday night.