Sedberry Retires

supermaroon

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenville has talent. They just don't have the bench depth.

They are just a very small 5A playing with Longview, Texas High, Hallsville, and Marshall. If they were in another district..... or in 4A with schools more their size, I think they make noise.

Happy retirement, coach.

Great coach, I wish him the best of luck. I knew him when he was assistant to Marty Criswell in Denison.

Sedberry & Criswell were my position(s) coach in high school back in seventies...have alot of resoect for both of them...

• 2 weeks later...

I played for Coach Sedberry in the early-mid 90's, and my brother played for him from 97-2001. He's a good man, and he's earned the chance to retire. Thanks, Coach.

I just hope we're not back to the 2000's era, when coaches would only stay here for two years before heading off to the next stop. Literally every realignment we were looking for a new coach. Plenty of blame to spread around for that, though. School board, parents, players, administration, coaches, etc.

Here's hoping we get a good one, who sticks around a while.

I played for Coach Sedberry in the early-mid 90's, and my brother played for him from 97-2001. He's a good man, and he's earned the chance to retire. Thanks, Coach.

I just hope we're not back to the 2000's era, when coaches would only stay here for two years before heading off to the next stop. Literally every realignment we were looking for a new coach. Plenty of blame to spread around for that, though. School board, parents, players, administration, coaches, etc.

Here's hoping we get a good one, who sticks around a while.

Speaking with an old coach that was on his staff from 96-2002 the other day. I am sure he coached you back then. He informed me that Duke would be the man for this job which blew my mind. I thought they would at least give the young coach that graduation in 2002 from there a shot or an interview.

If you talked to someone that coached there from 96-2002 then he should know that Duke and Jarvis (High School Principal) are tight. This one was probably a done deal long before Sedberry retired.

Agreed, hopefully he can keep building the program.

Being from that area of texas it would be nice to see whoever gets the job can turn them into winners again. I remember a time when greenville, commerce, royse city, sulphur springs, cooper, lone oak, paris, mt pleasant, honey grove were all really good programs making playoff runs representing North East Texas. Dont get me wrong some still are but nice to see them all winning again.

They had the right guy in there about 5 years ago who had the Lions moving in the right direction. If I'm not mistaken, they were 6-4 and only a fourth quarter meltdown by the defense in a loss to Richardson Pierce kept them out of the playoffs. The powers that be in G-Town ran him and his entire staff out of town. They had the right guy and got rid of him, what makes anyone think they care about doing the right thing.

They had the right guy in there about 5 years ago who had the Lions moving in the right direction. If I'm not mistaken, they were 6-4 and only a fourth quarter meltdown by the defense in a loss to Richardson Pierce kept them out of the playoffs. The powers that be in G-Town ran him and his entire staff out of town. They had the right guy and got rid of him, what makes anyone think they care about doing the right thing.

That was coach Philips now he is at Waller again. He left and the place went back down hill.