The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
WestHardinfan1

Tampa Bay Fires Lovie Smith

Ok knee her reaction. He improve the win total by 4 games. Winston was in 1st year geez. I think they should have gave him at least 3 years. I hope he lands somewhere quick.

I don't think they gave him enough time. I saw improvement with the team, but it seems some owners expect miracle wins overnight, except Jerry Jones.

A coach used to get 3 or 4 years to turn around a program. Two years is not enough and these owners that subscribe to that are dooming their teams to mediocrity at best.

This firing makes no sense at all.

Top coaches that the Bucs have fired in their recent history:

Dungy

Gruden

and now, Smith.

Like Mooch said on NFL Network, "What are these owners looking for? We certainly don't know."

You have to give a coach time to install his program, run off the guys that don't fit, find the ones that do. If your doing that every year or every other, the odds of catching lightning in a bottle and having success are absurd. They fire Gruden one year into a 5 year contract extension. They fire Lovie who had a rookie QB and a team at one point was in playoff contention. That's a blackhole in TB that I wouldn't want no part of.

Word is they want to retain their OC and wanted to install him as head coach because Miami was inquiring about him. Completely classless move in my opinion and if there is any truth to it I would hope that OC sees this behavior and leaves them for another team as well.

This firing makes no sense at all.

Top coaches that the Bucs have fired in their recent history:

Dungy

Gruden

and now, Smith.

Like Mooch said on NFL Network, "What are these owners looking for? We certainly don't know."

One of those is not like the others.