Longhorns 2016 Thread

Baron

This is a custody case, and it sounds like dad is doing whatever he can to make mom look like an unfit mother. If that means proving she purchased gifts for other men, then so be it. I too will wait for the facts to come out. I also don't think this is compared to Manzeil at this point. He was shown signing photos in motel/hotel rooms as well as pictures of him showboating cash.

It's not against the rules to sign autographs, it's not against the rules to take pictures/videos with cash. Nothing connected the two separate things. Allegedly video exists, but this was only claimed by one reporter who has a history of making things up.

That's like saying someone is guilty of murder because they were photographed with a gun.

It's not against the rules to sign autographs, it's not against the rules to take pictures/videos with cash. Nothing connected the two separate things. Allegedly video exists, but this was only claimed by one reporter who has a history of making things up.

That's like saying someone is guilty of murder because they were photographed with a gun.

Just curious, do you think Manziel took the cash for the sigs?

I've yet to see any of these alleged videos or pictures. What he did 4 years later is irrelevant to whether or not he did what he was crucified for, but was never proven and only reported by a known liar.

It's not just a matter of what he did 4 years later. It's a matter of his consistent behavior over those 4 years. It's his character and who he is. That is why most people have the opinion of him now, which is very much the same as then. I'm not saying that just because people have that opinion of him proves anything regarding whether or not he took money, but it is why most people believe he did.

Kind of like your example of the guy with the gun. If he's taking the picture while standing over a body with a gunshot wound, does it change your perspective? The picture of Manziel signing autographs was not with a fan after a game, it was in a hotel room for a broker. Much different perspective.

What hurt Manzeil's credibility IMO was his cockiness about the whole thing. It's the same reason Cam Newton caught so much hell for what he did after the Super Bowl. That doesn't make it right or fair, but for many people perception is reality.

I've yet to see any of these alleged videos or pictures. What he did 4 years later is irrelevant to whether or not he did what he was crucified for, but was never proven and only reported by a known liar.

Ok there was suggestive video of him doing cocaine. Pictures of his underage drinking. Pictures of him signing autographs from a known dealer that pays for these things. That one stupid video of him drunk talking about swimming in cash or something...

I agree, we were unfair to Johnny, but those pictures and videos were everywhere of him. All we have of Charlie is a very quiet court case in which he was subpoenaed. And trust me, if there is more damning stuff on him, I will roast him too.

Ok there was suggestive video of him doing cocaine. Pictures of his underage drinking. Pictures of him signing autographs from a known dealer that pays for these things. That one stupid video of him drunk talking about swimming in cash or something...

I agree, we were unfair to Johnny, but those pictures and videos were everywhere of him. All we have of Charlie is a very quiet court case in which he was subpoenaed. And trust me, if there is more damning stuff on him, I will roast him too.

I think the only reason this is even an issue is because of the moral high horse most people (including himself) have put him on. Everyone has always known Johnny as a rich spoiled brat. But strong is looked at in a totally different light. All of this preaching about him being the best at molding young men, core values, his respect earn with the mothers of these kids.... All of that will seem extremely hypocritical if it in fact is confirmed there was some form of affair between him and this (or any other) woman. It goes completely against everything he preaches to the media and these kids on a daily basis. THAT is why this is even being talked about. Nobody would bat an eye at this for 90% of college football coaches, but for Strong this is the kind of story that could take all of the wind out of his moral sails.

Here's where I think the situation with Strong is different, it's a moral one. IF he did in fact have an affair, then I will be in 100% agreement with everyone else calling that wrong. That said, it obviously happened before he got to Austin. My point there is not to say it doesn't matter, but to say this...How do we know (assuming he did have an affair) that his wife doesn't already know about it and that they haven't already worked through it? We don't. I'm also not going to sit here, like some others are, and act like just because a man may have done something morally wrong that he is a hypocrite by still trying to instill discipline in young men. I have kids. Am I perfect? Absolutely not, none of us are! Does that stop me from disciplining my kids? You're clueless if you answer yes.

• Like 3

It's not just a matter of what he did 4 years later. It's a matter of his consistent behavior over those 4 years. It's his character and who he is. That is why most people have the opinion of him now, which is very much the same as then. I'm not saying that just because people have that opinion of him proves anything regarding whether or not he took money, but it is why most people believe he did.

Kind of like your example of the guy with the gun. If he's taking the picture while standing over a body with a gunshot wound, does it change your perspective? The picture of Manziel signing autographs was not with a fan after a game, it was in a hotel room for a broker. Much different perspective.

Oh, you're talking "perspective" and "what people believe". People believe what they want to believe. The general public are foolish and bite what the media feeds them, hook, line, and sinker. I'm not saying Johnny won the battle for public opinion. I'm saying that there was never any proof that he did what he was accused of. The same way Coach Strong has had no proof brought against him.

He was 100% legal drinking under those circumstances. And there are "suggestive" pictures of a lot of things... Just because they guy bought them before doesn't mean that Johnny didn't sign for him pro bono. I agree... A lot of smoke, but never any fire. Same with this instance of Coach Strong.

I think the only reason this is even an issue is because of the moral high horse most people (including himself) have put him on. Everyone has always known Johnny as a rich spoiled brat. But strong is looked at in a totally different light. All of this preaching about him being the best at molding young men, core values, his respect earn with the mothers of these kids.... All of that will seem extremely hypocritical if it in fact is confirmed there was some form of affair between him and this (or any other) woman. It goes completely against everything he preaches to the media and these kids on a daily basis. THAT is why this is even being talked about. Nobody would bat an eye at this for 90% of college football coaches, but for Strong this is the kind of story that could take all of the wind out of his moral sails.

Funny how Urban Meyer and Tom Herman don't get blasted for their core values around here because they are the exact same ones that Strong uses. The thing is Strong came and tried to change a culture of entitlement in the football program. Longhorn fans liked it while opponents laughed at him because all teams have "core values."

i think as long as he hasnt lied to his AD about this or hired his mistress he should be ok. hope he doesnt crash his motorcycle either....sorry that was the current Louisville coach.

affairs and louisville coaches just kind of go hand and hand

Funny how Urban Meyer and Tom Herman don't get blasted for their core values around here because they are the exact same ones that Strong uses. The thing is Strong came and tried to change a culture of entitlement in the football program. Longhorn fans liked it while opponents laughed at him because all teams have "core values."

All teams do have core values dude.... Not one coach in America allows or promotes guns in locker room, disrespecting women, lying or cheating ect... Seriously. It's comical because horn fans act like its some sort of earth breaking movement because Charlie strong says no guns in the lockerroom. Every coach says that it's just so obvious there's no reason to throw a "core values" sign on it and use it as your main recruiting pitch because your on the field record is lacking.

And yes we all know urban Meyer has the same core values. But have you ever seen that be the main recruiting pitch? Have you ever seen Ohio st or Florida fans act like their coach was something special because he felt the need to publicly state the obvious? No. Urban Meyer is urban Meyer because he wins games. Not because of his in house expectations of players. There's a very big difference in the two.

It's also funny how no other universities get blasted for having an honor code whenever it's broken. That's literally the only reason I even care.

All teams do have core values dude.... Not one coach in America allows or promotes guns in locker room, disrespecting women, lying or cheating ect... Seriously. It's comical because horn fans act like its some sort of earth breaking movement because Charlie strong says no guns in the lockerroom. Every coach says that it's just so obvious there's no reason to throw a "core values" sign on it and use it as your main recruiting pitch because your on the field record is lacking.

And yes we all know urban Meyer has the same core values. But have you ever seen that be the main recruiting pitch? Have you ever seen Ohio st or Florida fans act like their coach was something special because he felt the need to publicly state the obvious? No. Urban Meyer is urban Meyer because he wins games. Not because of his in house expectations of players. There's a very big difference in the two.

I mean, I get where he's coming from trying to change the culture of the team. But yeah, some of those are no brainers.

I never said he did any of them. I just said there were enough instances that it makes you question EVERYTHING he has done. I remember teachers in school watching kids that have a tendency of cheating on a regular basis. Johnny reminds me of that kid...

As far as Charlie, there is 1 instance here that is questionable. Who knows how much meat there is to it... all we have right now is the court thing... If it turns out to be more, then sure it will hurt his reputation. His core values were also huge news because the Texas job search was such a big story. The stuff he did off the top got the most publicity of anything... the 1st thing being "The Core Values." I think those were brought up before he hired his first assistant.

Now, even if he cheated, does that mean he should turn a blind eye to his kids cheating, sexually assaulting women, or doing drugs? Even the most crooked coaches don't do that (most of the time).

If this story has any legs, i seriously doubt Charlie survives 2016 as a Longhorn, even with 8 wins... But again, we are speculating over 1 thing, that no one has heard anything about until now. And seeing that this is a court case, and how long it takes these things to go to court... how did nothing get out until now?

• Like 1

Sounds like Some Bobby Petrino stuff.

Katharine Sawyer...Charlie likes them young too apparently.

Funny how she followed him from Louisville to Texas.

http://www.texassports.com/sports/2014/3/20/FB_0320145639.aspx?id=504

Wow you are reaching! An assistant that knows the bosses ends/outs switching jobs isn't anything new! Should we assume Strong is having an affair with Bedford??

How do you know this woman wasn't hand selected by his wife?? My wife works for a lawyer and his wife sat in on every interview and chose my wife to work with him. He likes my wife because she knows her legal #### and she likes my wife for other reasons.

Wow you are reaching! An assistant that knows the bosses ends/outs switching jobs isn't anything new! Should we assume Strong is having an affair with Bedford??

How do you know this woman wasn't hand selected by his wife?? My wife works for a lawyer and his wife sat in on every interview and chose my wife to work with him. He likes my wife because she knows her legal #### and she likes my wife for other reasons.

It's not reaching considering the current circumstances surrounding the man.... Like I said earlier, now EVERY woman in his life besides his wife is going to be looked at under a microscope. I don't see this ending well.
  • Like 1

It's not reaching considering the current circumstances surrounding the man.... Like I said earlier, now EVERY woman in his life besides his wife is going to be looked at under a microscope. I don't see this ending well.

What circumstamces? Again, Strong is not on trial here. If this doesn't end well, Strong will not be the one affected by it.

Seriously, some of you really seem to be looking for any reason you can to crucify the man. It's almost becoming comical.

Sounds like Some Bobby Petrino stuff.

Katharine Sawyer...Charlie likes them young too apparently.

Funny how she followed him from Louisville to Texas.

http://www.texassports.com/sports/2014/3/20/FB_0320145639.aspx?id=504

Back in the old days a "Special Assistant" was simply called a secretary. And it's certainly not uncommon for a secretary to move with their boss if they have a good working relationship. The new coach coming in at Louisville might have had his own personal assistant.

What circumstamces? Again, Strong is not on trial here. If this doesn't end well, Strong will not be the one affected by it.

Seriously, some of you really seem to be looking for any reason you can to crucify the man. It's almost becoming comical.

What are you taking about? Nobody is saying he's on trial. But you're being naive if you think this is not a potentially negative thing for him. IT IS HIGHLY POSSIBLE AND LIKELY HE CHEATED ON HIS WIFE WITH A BOOSTERS WIFE. That is a big deal. Especially considering the uppity high road y'all say he walks. How can this not be a bad thing? It's not that people are searching for something that's not there... It's there for anyone with a brain and no agenda to see. I know if the day comes your wife starts giving gifts to another man for no apparent reason I'll let you judge whether or not he's innocent.

What are you taking about? Nobody is saying he's on trial. But you're being naive if you think this is not a potentially negative thing for him. IT IS HIGHLY POSSIBLE AND LIKELY HE CHEATED ON HIS WIFE WITH A BOOSTERS WIFE. That is a big deal. Especially considering the uppity high road y'all say he walks. How can this not be a bad thing? It's not that people are searching for something that's not there... It's there for anyone with a brain and no agenda to see. I know if the day comes your wife starts giving gifts to another man for no apparent reason I'll let you judge whether or not he's innocent.

The woman that cats69 brought into this thread has zero to do with the Blues case.