Longhorns 2016 Thread

Baron

Congrats for you guys, but I just don't get what these kids are thinking.

1) That Texas is a great program. Just because they've had a few down years doesn't change that.....They're not Wyoming! lol

2) If you're going to turn a program around, you can't do it with 1-2 top level players. You have to have a class full of them. So I'm really not understanding why so many continue to act like these kids buying into Charlie Strong and believing if they all go together, they can't turn it around.

Longhorn Network had a stat sheet up this morning that I think explains a lot of it.

1. Freshman started a combined 62 games last year.

2. Texas had a school record 10 freshman start a game twice last year.

3. 3 freshman All Americans.

Playing time is huge for the big time prospects. They all believe they're ready to play from day 1. CS has a track record of giving them their chance. Sure some won't be ready and will probably transfer but I guarantee you none of them think they aren't ready to play.

You can't tell me strong didn't semi orchestrate how today has fallen. No way he went into signing day with only 12-14 commits just hoping to fill his class

Oh he knew! A few guys were late question marks, DJax, Taylor, and Jones but others were known. Even Fowler was known!

That's a wrap! Horns up for a great finish to this class!

Texas lands 5 DTs!

Not so fast! Supposedly Malik has a video out on periscope, Facebook, snapchat, something saying to be around at 8 pm. Big things coming. Not sure what that means but maybe the mystery recruits we have heard so many rumors about.