Longhorns 2016 Thread

Baron

Agreed, Traylor is on the fast track! I hope Texas can keep him around but I'll be worried every time a reasonable job comes open!

I think I know the most likely landing spot....

Houston... The school knows great coaching talent, pays well for 1st time HCs, and Traylor knows Texas HS coaches and players. Herman will land a big job next year.

I think I know the most likely landing spot....

Houston... The school knows great coaching talent, pays well for 1st time HCs, and Traylor knows Texas HS coaches and players. Herman will land a big job next year.

Obviously you want what's best for him and his family and Houston would be excellent but there would be a lot of crushed Longhorn fans! Haha

I saw this regarding DCG:

Per Mike Roach - Giles was a huge Strong fan from the start. Visited Texas in Dec and was sold. Giles called Strong after each OV he took to tell Strong he was 100% Texas. Giles called Strong Saturday night on his Texas A&M OV to tell Strong that he was 100% Texas.

Season ticket holders saw it as a wasted home game because most would rather be with family. I'm sure there are some that love it and I don't care either way but I know there was a big faction that didn't like it.

You mean big money people... because Texas shouldn't care that much unless it affected donations... They are basically an Exclusive game on Thanksgiving day with the NFL games and get pretty good TV money from it...

Read on BON where 247 is fixing to bump Ehlinger to a 4*. Now the other recruiting services need to follow suit.

I read that Charlies top 5 on his defense board for 2017 class is Marvin Wilson DT , Baron Browning and Anthony Hines LB's , Chevin Calloway CB , and Derrik Tucker - S. Lagaryonn Carson was ommitted since he is already committed. Temple DE Taquan Graham is also a priority but most feel he will be a Longhorn.

IMO of Strong's big board I'd say Hines is the safest bet.

Not a big deal texas played A&M many of times on black Friday. Also looks bad for texas in ratings competing with A&M vs Lsu. (As long as either are good).

This is true. Why be stubborn and compete when you can bump it and get a lot more eyes on sets.

I liked having a Thanksgiving game as it brought national attention. Plus it gave me a good excuse to be home, extended family gone, and enjoy the game with my immediate family.

I would rather have it on Saturday. I have to work every other Black Friday.

Now that Strong has the class he said he needed to compliment last years, he needs to produce. 6-6 gets him fired. 7-5 is a stay of execution, barely. Strong and his staff's recruiting prowess is what will save him at that point. 8-4 is what I think most fans expect, 9-3 will get those fans excited. 10-2 will get the Mack Brown apologists on board.

Now that Strong has the class he said he needed to compliment last years, he needs to produce. 6-6 gets him fired. 7-5 is a stay of execution, barely. Strong and his staff's recruiting prowess is what will save him at that point. 8-4 is what I think most fans expect, 9-3 will get those fans excited. 10-2 will get the Mack Brown apologists on board.

7-5 shouldn't save him.

18-19 over 3 years at Texas would be ridiculous. It doesn't take 3 years to turn around a helmet program if you are the right guy.

7-5 shouldn't save him.

18-19 over 3 years at Texas would be ridiculous. It doesn't take 3 years to turn around a helmet program if you are the right guy.

Enough has been made of Mack Brown leaving the team in a state of entitlement and with little talent. Strong will get his 4th year if the team goes 7-5.

Edit: And honestly, I would love it if they gave Strong a 4th year just because he has put together a recruiting juggernaut. That way if he does get fired the next coach should be able to come right in and make an immediate impact with the talent at hand, like Harbaugh did.