17 3A Basketball Updates On This Thread

Wild74

That wasn't even a close game... is waskom that much better than white oak this year?

I don't know how good Waskom is they don't have anyone over 6' tall. You can run and gun but I still believe you have to have some sort of a inside game to go very far in the playoffs.

Someone reported that Sabine beat Jefferson last night. If true I would consider that a upset

Depends... Comparing records, yes, but talent wise, I believe Sabine is just as good if not better. Jefferson is very long and athletic, but they get lazy and complacent too much in the games I've watched. Gore is a very solid player but outside of him, they don't have anyone else that I'd consider a "basketball" player. Sabine outplayed them in Jefferson in my opinion, just shot the ball as bad as they've shot all year. I believe they were 3-25 from behind the arc and many of them were uncontested shots. Free throw percentage that night was awful as well. Too much to overcome in that game but that's how it goes some nights. Last night Sabine hit at least 9 treys and really played some great defense. Jefferson went to the box and 1 at times and that really opened up some things and the kids stepped up and knocked down some big shots. I was proud of the Cardinals for their effort last night.

Congrats on the district championship, you guys have a great group of kids from what I've seen. I'm looking forward to watching the battle on Friday night at your place. Hoping our kids play with the same fire they did last night.

Depends... Comparing records, yes, but talent wise, I believe Sabine is just as good if not better. Jefferson is very long and athletic, but they get lazy and complacent too much in the games I've watched. Gore is a very solid player but outside of him, they don't have anyone else that I'd consider a "basketball" player. Sabine outplayed them in Jefferson in my opinion, just shot the ball as bad as they've shot all year. I believe they were 3-25 from behind the arc and many of them were uncontested shots. Free throw percentage that night was awful as well. Too much to overcome in that game but that's how it goes some nights. Last night Sabine hit at least 9 treys and really played some great defense. Jefferson went to the box and 1 at times and that really opened up some things and the kids stepped up and knocked down some big shots. I was proud of the Cardinals for their effort last night.

Congrats on the district championship, you guys have a great group of kids from what I've seen. I'm looking forward to watching the battle on Friday night at your place. Hoping our kids play with the same fire they did last night.

We barely beat Jefferson and White Oak by one point on their court but handled them pretty easily it seems at Waskom, look forward to the Sabine game ya'll have a safe travel to Waskom

Waskom 20 Sabine 8 end of 1st

Waskom 34 Sabine 26 Halftime

Waskom 41 Sabine 39 end of third

Waskom 51 Sabine 49 4 minutes left

Waskom 56 Sabine 50 1:40 left

Waskom 61 Sabine 55 Final Good Game

Great game tonight. Your kids are a class act and well coached. Good luck to y'all in the playoffs.

YOUR 3-A Div II District 17 Champions Waskom Wildcats defeated the Yellerjackets of EF tonight by the tune of 78-56, racking up an UNDEFEATED District campaign. Understand that we play AARP next Tuesday in Hallsville. Anybody got the scoop on what time the game is? Also heard of a "tune-up" game this Saturday in Tyler!! Anybody got any world on this yet??

• Like 1

YOUR 3-A Div II District 17 Champions Waskom Wildcats defeated the Yellerjackets of EF tonight by the tune of 78-56, racking up an UNDEFEATED District campaign. Understand that we play AARP next Tuesday in Hallsville. Anybody got the scoop on what time the game is? Also heard of a "tune-up" game this Saturday in Tyler!! Anybody got any world on this yet??

Divison II?

Hallsville H.S. is hosting a doubleheader Tuesday night Feb. 23. The two games are Arp vs. Waskom and Clarksville vs. Ore City. The first game starts at 6 PM but at this time I'm not sure which game is first.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

All District Teams were Announced today.

MVP: Kaleb Haynes, Waskom

Offensive MVP: Michael Gore, Jefferson

Defensive MVP: Landry Sheridan, White Oak

Newcomer: Anthony Hoyt, White Oak, K. T. Ceaser, Waskom, and Tristan Swain, New Diana all shared the honor.

1st team: Sharay Ratliffe, Elysian Fields; Nike Simmons, White Oak; Justin Benson, White Oak; Eric Stephens III, Waskom; Keileon Johnson, Waskom; Mike Reason, Waskom; Will Shawn, Sabine; Luke Somers, Sabine; Tyrone Luster, Jefferson; Jordan Gipson, Jefferson.

2nd team:

Conner Weeks, White Oak; Dax Davis, White Oak; Tobias Nolen, Sabine; River Bennett, Sabine; Terence Lloyd, New Diana; T.J. Rogers, New Diana; Taylor Smith, Jefferson; Felix Love, Jefferson; Dylan Parker, Elysian Fields

Honorable Mention:

New Diana: Jordan Stroud, Jackson Sampson, Cody Payton; Elysian Fields: Reese Mathews, Robert Johnson; Jefferson: Damian Hines, Jordan Randle, Kepha Luster, Jaren Kelly; Sabine: Anfrenee Love; Waskom: Keylon Johnson, Tay Green; White Oak: Austin Iske.

It's the way it is these days but the all district teams are a joke. My comment has nothing to do with district 17 3A as all of the districts in the State pick every kid for something.Back in the day they would pick 5 for the 1st team and 5 for the 2nd team. You only reciecved HM if you got a vote from the opposing coaches. JS

• Like 1