Cowboys Longer Offseason

Doomer

What would you do with the #4 pick?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How would you handle it?

• Stay put- Take the best player available
    • Trade Up- Take Goff as your franchise QB
    • Trade Down- Pick up extra picks in a deep draft where you have position problems

I'm leaning more to a reclamation project in RG3 or JFF than Goff or Lynch. Now, Wentz is interesting. Very interesting. Is he a 1st rounder or a 2nd? If he falls/slips like Carr did to the 2nd I'd pull the trigger. At 4? I'd rather have defense or Treadwell, maybe Elliott but a top 4 pick on a RB nowadays? That's rough.

I'd take RG3 at a reduced salary over Manziel any time. If Washington does cut him as expected, hopefully that will humble him to work on his game. I've heard Elliott could fall to the second round, the same with Henry : http://walterfootball.com/draft2016RB.php . After thinking about picking a running back in the first round, I think the Cowboys can wait to pick a back in that round.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/cowboys/story/1631467-cowboys-monday-mock-draft-1-11-16 One possibility if Boys traded down from 4.

Devontae Booker Utah, Kenneth Dixon La Tech, Alex Collins Arkansas- 3 good, probably better fits that will be there in the 2,3,4 rounds

DT should get upgraded in draft. Deep, deep class of 1 & 3 techs. Hayden's days should be numbered.

Leary is a restricted free agent, but I believe he can still get us compensatory picks if we can't sign him. Thing is Leary starts for any other team so they may be able to trade him for picks who knows.

The team can put a designated 1-3rd round tender on Leary. Any team that signs Leary will part with said pick.

If Dallas puts a 2nd round tender on Leary, they'll have to pay him a certain amount to re-sign, and any team that wants to sign him has to part with a 2nd rounder to do so.

They may be able to get a late second rounder for him from a team that really needs help up front, but I don't see anyone giving up an early 2nd rounder for him. I could see a third rounder though. Glad you understood the rule, the whole compensation formula and tenders confuses me sometimes. I tried to learn how the compensation system worked and felt like I was in a calculus class so I gave up.

The team can put a designated 1-3rd round tender on Leary. Any team that signs Leary will part with said pick.

If Dallas puts a 2nd round tender on Leary, they'll have to pay him a certain amount to re-sign, and any team that wants to sign him has to part with a 2nd rounder to do so.

Not bad compensation for a undrafted rookie FA with a degenerative knee problem. If someone picks him up.

• 5 weeks later...

Didn't see this posted anywhere, so I'll put it here: Dallas has signed defensive backs coach Greg Jackson to replace the underwhelming Jerome Henderson. Jackson was the defensive backs coach at Michigan and has spent the last several years as a defensive backs coach for Jim Harbaugh during his stint with the 49ers.

I'd be okay with Jack. Freak at MLB. At #4 though? I still say trade back within the first 10 and get an extra pick or two. You could come away with a great defense pick with Ramsey or Jack, Billings for DT at 34, Booker at RB with extra 2nd or third, Braxton Miller with that extra 2nd or third.

I'd be okay with Jack. Freak at MLB. At #4 though? I still say trade back within the first 10 and get an extra pick or two. You could come away with a great defense pick with Ramsey or Jack, Billings for DT at 34, Booker at RB with extra 2nd or third, Braxton Miller with that extra 2nd or third.

If Dallas goes LB, then Jaylon Smith would be the best pick. He's the best LB in this draft. I don't think you go DB with the 4th pick either. It's been proven time and time again that the best defenses have the best defensive front 7's. I also think there will be better WR options than Miller.

I do like Booker as a RB option though. Although I'd prefer Dallas go after Lamar Miller (preferably) or Doug Martin in FA. We'd be getting a young, already proven back, and be able to use the draft pick on another position.

I'd be completely in favor of trading back for extra picks too.

I'm not 100% Jack is a linebacker. The guy is a freak athlete and scary fast with great hands (he has played RB also) I have seen where he could pretty easily drop a little junk weight and play SS. He is plenty fast enough to cover the slot and has done it several times in college.

If Dallas goes LB, then Jaylon Smith would be the best pick. He's the best LB in this draft. I don't think you go DB with the 4th pick either. It's been proven time and time again that the best defenses have the best defensive front 7's. I also think there will be better WR options than Miller.

I do like Booker as a RB option though. Although I'd prefer Dallas go after Lamar Miller (preferably) or Doug Martin in FA. We'd be getting a young, already proven back, and be able to use the draft pick on another position.

I'd be completely in favor of trading back for extra picks too.

Jaylon Smiths injury could be a boon for us. If he fell to 34, WOW. Big IF he falls.

• Like 1

Jaylon Smiths injury could be a boon for us. If he fell to 34, WOW. Big IF he falls.

Funny, I was seriously in the process of typing about that, lol. I do think it's possible he could drop due to his injury. The fact we have the 3rd pick of the 2nd round, I think it is possible we could get him in the 2nd rd.

It's a great draft for the front 7. No way the Boys can't improve at DT. Add a SLB or MLB like Jack or Smith. The reason I like Ramsey is the Byron Jones factor. He can play safety and CB. Ramsey and Jones could make a versatile secondary.

Treadwell teaming with Dez would help Williams and Beasley. Not big on the Doctson kid from TCU.

Miller or Martin would be walk in difference makers at RB.