2A Softball thread

trueblue82

Let's use this to keep up with 2A softball. Who brings back key starters?

Joaquin graduated two off of a team that went three round deep after finishing third in their district. I know a large part of our success this year will hang on a freshman pitcher. The infield should be very solid.

I look for Cushing and Alto to once again be our key competition in district. In Region 3, the usual suspects, Grapeland, Beckville, Harleton, and Cayuga should be top-tier teams. I expect Slocum and Groveton to have good years as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Joaquin went 5-0-1 in the Center tournament. Their final game with Center was called a tie after one extra inning. I'm not sure what other teams were there.

I believe it is Beckville or Grapeland.

Go ahead and sleep on Harleton.

• 2 weeks later...

Ms. Lexi is going to be a good one for the next few years. You always know when a pitcher has a "crazy bucket parent" that they'll be successful, and she has that for sure! Good folks, right there.

She just 1-hit Cushing to tie up the top of the district. A complete game on 58 pitches.

Looks like it's going to be a Harleton vs Beckville Regional final. Anyone see where Beckville switch to the top of the bracket. I guess uil wanted the two big dogs in the finals and not meeting up in the quarterfinals. Hmmmmm

Any idea how they will determine a "tie-breaker"? If weather doesn't improve, may be making up district games until late in the week or early next week...

I'd bet on Joaquin wanting to play a tie-breaker game. The only other option is a coin flip, and when you feel that you're the better team, you'd be crazy to allow that determine whether you're a one or two seed.
  • Like 1

I'd bet on Joaquin wanting to play a tie-breaker game. The only other option is a coin flip, and when you feel that you're the better team, you'd be crazy to allow that determine whether you're a one or two seed.

Well you don't have to play or do coin flip. The coaches can agree on seeding and the teams are co-district champs. So you really wouldn't have to play it . Just up to the schools to make the decision. Should be interesting.

I heard Cushing offered to be #2 seed. #1 seed would face Grapeland with Slocum on other side of bracket. Any fiber of truth to that?

District 21 and 22 winners will meet in Round 3 if they make it that far. I don't know the standings for D21. If you have them, please post. Max preps, which looks incomplete, has Slocum at #1, Latexo #2, Grapeland #3, and Neches #4.

District 21 and 22 winners will meet in Round 3 if they make it that far. I don't know the standings for D21. If you have them, please post. Max preps, which looks incomplete, has Slocum at #1, Latexo #2, Grapeland #3, and Neches #4.

Haven't done the math in a while, but I think Latexo may take the top spot...Slocum is good. Grapeland has bats, but their pitching has been hit by the injury bug this year...