Ennis facing 4 East Texas Teams -- District 17-5A

Monte1076

This helps a lot of the teams in this district, familiarity with teams, communication with familiar coaches, while putting some teams in the playoff venue that have struggled as of late. I feel most of the coaches in this district will be very pleased with this alignment.

This also means that two teams from the district won't get in. Whoever makes it into the playoffs, though, will be rather battle tested, I'd think.

What kinds of improvements have Lindale, Jacksonville, Whitehouse, and Nacogdoches made?

I'm hearing Ennis is pretty loaded this year. Possibly more loaded than the 2014 season.

• Like 1

Six team district:

Ennis, Corsicana, Jacksonville, Lindale, Nacogdoches, Whitehouse.

Only real difference is JT and Lufkin, I believe, are missing. But IIRC they both went up to 6A.

I had a feeling this would be the district minus JT and Lufkin.

Six team district:

Ennis, Corsicana, Jacksonville, Lindale, Nacogdoches, Whitehouse.

Only real difference is JT and Lufkin, I believe, are missing. But IIRC they both went up to 6A.

I had a feeling this would be the district minus JT and Lufkin.

2 teams. It's six teams right?

Not really

You're right. I corrected the post.

I'm not sure what I think of this district. The teams in the district went a cumulative 15-27, if my math is right.

Ennis went 5-2, Nac, Lindale, and Cana all went 3-4, Jacksonville went 1-6, and Whitehouse went 0-7.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that all the teams have improved...but by how much I don't know.

Temple coming off of 4 round run

College Station, AM Consolidated, and Bryan all went 3 rounds deep.

Waco was beat in round 1 by AM Consolidated.

Def a tough first round draw for everyone in the district.

Whitehouse should be improved, but by how much who knows. Ennis, Nac, Cana, Lindale, Whitehouse and Jville would be my waaaaayyy too early pick.

With the 4 team format for playoffs, every team has a realistic chance of making it in.

UIL did a terrible job with these districts. Ennis and Corsicana have no business in this district. Too far to be driving to NAC. UIL also had no business putting Greenville back in East Texas.

There were way better option. They could have had a all east Texas district if they did it right.

• Like 1

UIL did a terrible job with these districts. Ennis and Corsicana have no business in this district. Too far to be driving to NAC. UIL also had no business putting Greenville back in East Texas.

There were way better option. They could have had a all east Texas district if they did it right.

What do you mean? They were in this district last year. Their is no perfect solution for realignment every other year. Someone will always get screwed. At least they don't have to drive 4 plus hours every week like schools in West TX do.

• Like 1

What do you mean? They were in this district last year. Their is no perfect solution for realignment every other year. Someone will always get screwed. At least they don't have to drive 4 plus hours every week like schools in West TX do.

And they didn't belong in the district last yr either. I realize there is no perfect solution, but there was alot better solutions for all of 5a. They could have made an all east Texas district and put Ennis and Corsicana in a metroplex district. UIL did a terrible job for many districts.

This was a much better solution I got from Texas4asports:

Forney ISD (Forney, North), Greenville, Lindale, Mesquite ISD (Poteet, West), Royse City, Sulphur Springs

Hallsville, Jacksonville, Longview Pine Tree, Marshall, Mount Pleasant, Nacogdoches, Texas, Whitehouse

Arlington Seguin, Corsicana, Ennis, Mansfield ISD (Lake Ridge, Legacy, Summit, Timberview), Midlothian, Waxahachie

And they didn't belong in the district last yr either. I realize there is no perfect solution, but there was alot better solutions for all of 5a. They could have made an all east Texas district and put Ennis and Corsicana in a metroplex district. UIL did a terrible job for many districts.

This was a much better solution I got from Texas4asports:

Forney ISD (Forney, North), Greenville, Lindale, Mesquite ISD (Poteet, West), Royse City, Sulphur Springs[/size]Hallsville, Jacksonville, Longview Pine Tree, Marshall, Mount Pleasant, Nacogdoches, Texas, Whitehouse[/size]

Arlington Seguin, Corsicana, Ennis, Mansfield ISD (Lake Ridge, Legacy, Summit, Timberview), Midlothian, Waxahachie[/size]

This is what you are failing to realize. They wanted two East TX district's. The closest teams to make two district's in East TX was Corsicana and Ennis. There is no difference than JT, Lee, and Longview joining a North TX district. It is what it is. Saddle up and ride out.

I personally like this alignment, we get to stay in east Texas. Ennis and Cana have a better chance making playoff runs in this district than they do in that Mansfield district. It is better for east Texas that we don't have to eliminate each other the first round of the playoffs.