District 11-2A (D-I)

SAWolfman

Glad to see SA laying the helmet on Defense....they need to keep that going. KJ and Gavin looked great! Gavin is starting to scramble....kinda like it! Only thing I am worried about is the offensive line....very young! But they looked good against WS.

I want play-by-play and commentary on this. Gabe, you up for it?

Huge turnout for a scrimmage in my opinion. It was a really good old school format. They're was not a controlled live portion so we got to watch a lot of snaps.

Maud: They will win their district. I like that defensive coordinator they have. He was legit fired up. At this point that they are at; if maud played Shelbyville in a real game, it would be entertaining but Shelbyville would win. If maud played Tenaha in a real game at this point, Tenaha would also beat them. But make no bones about it, they are good. I truly believe they'll be district champions. The problem with Mauds qb's right now is timing. They were open, they were throwing to the right reciever....ball was late. They got 2-3 rounds in em. Maud needs to keep these coaches for a while. Seems like they went through a few coaches over last few years. Coach Cross seems like a fit there. Keep him and it's gonna grow.

Shelbyville: I had heard something about the coach they got down there a while back when he was at De Leon perhaps. Actually it was first thing I ever heard about him.

Old Valley View head coach, forgot his name, but he said "Ferguson gets the most out of every kid he has and they love him for it." I always thought that was a good quote, you know? But anyways, we will get to see if that quote is true. Shelbyville looks to be rebuilding. But it might not take very long. Really think the qb is probably their best looking athlete in my humble opinion. Needs more touch on those short passes. And timing on the deep ball. The problem there to me was not his fault. Receivers not looking for the ball on a few of those. Offensive line gonna be their struggle though. When the 1's matched up with Tenaha, I think Tenaha scored twice and Shelbyville might have not gotten a first down. Idk, there was a good run but a flag called it back? If they played right now Tenaha would win by a few. If Shelbyville finds an offensive line they will be good, but I think it will look much differently than last season.

Tenaha: We throw it a lot.....that is all.

San Augustine's offense struggled against a young West Sabine team that is in thier 2nd year of a complete rebuild. West Sabine scored 1 to SA's 0. No doubt SA has the athletes on the field, it may just take a few weeks to get the rust out. Not taking anything away from WS. They surprised me last night.

Huge turnout for a scrimmage in my opinion. It was a really good old school format. They're was not a controlled live portion so we got to watch a lot of snaps.

Maud: They will win their district. I like that defensive coordinator they have. He was legit fired up. At this point that they are at; if maud played Shelbyville in a real game, it would be entertaining but Shelbyville would win. If maud played Tenaha in a real game at this point, Tenaha would also beat them. But make no bones about it, they are good. I truly believe they'll be district champions. The problem with Mauds qb's right now is timing. They were open, they were throwing to the right reciever....ball was late. They got 2-3 rounds in em. Maud needs to keep these coaches for a while. Seems like they went through a few coaches over last few years. Coach Cross seems like a fit there. Keep him and it's gonna grow.

Shelbyville: I had heard something about the coach they got down there a while back when he was at De Leon perhaps. Actually it was first thing I ever heard about him.

Old Valley View head coach, forgot his name, but he said "Ferguson gets the most out of every kid he has and they love him for it." I always thought that was a good quote, you know? But anyways, we will get to see if that quote is true. Shelbyville looks to be rebuilding. But it might not take very long. Really think the qb is probably their best looking athlete in my humble opinion. Needs more touch on those short passes. And timing on the deep ball. The problem there to me was not his fault. Receivers not looking for the ball on a few of those. Offensive line gonna be their struggle though. When the 1's matched up with Tenaha, I think Tenaha scored twice and Shelbyville might have not gotten a first down. Idk, there was a good run but a flag called it back? If they played right now Tenaha would win by a few. If Shelbyville finds an offensive line they will be good, but I think it will look much differently than last season.

Tenaha: We throw it a lot.....that is all.

Greezy I too thought our defense looked pretty good last night. Our DC is as good as they come. Offensive line is really young but should get better as we go. Also breaking in a new batch of receivers. Hoping for a great season. Good luck to you guys as well.

San Augustine's offense struggled against a young West Sabine team that is in thier 2nd year of a complete rebuild. West Sabine scored 1 to SA's 0. No doubt SA has the athletes on the field, it may just take a few weeks to get the rust out. Not taking anything away from WS. They surprised me last night.

West Sabine seems to always put a good team on the field. Coaching? Tradition? Maybe a combination, but beating them is rarely easy for most 2A schools.

SA is just as young as WS is....core players are Juniors. It took WS the whole 15 plays to score! SA went deep on WS and coverted, then started running the ball and the drive stalled!

How is Sville defense looking like since they lost there key players from last season

I think both of Tenaha's scores were 75 yard pass completions.

Rocky may have done it again, that new qb is interesting... And they wasn't bs ING about speed, it is literally everywhere on the field. The line.. Bout like always, gonna take a minute for them to figure out what they are doing.. Surprisingly it seems as if we will have a half - way decent kicker this year,that's always been our downfall it seems, you know in that weak pre district play we never seem to get him a lot of reps.

My thoughts are a jail brake offense with a 6'5"qb might be... Interesting... Kinda Texas Tech ish.. Oh well, it oughta make for interesting conversation later in season..

Yalls field cant handle the rain ;(

It actually looks good right now, but as wet as it is, it doesn't make sense to tear it up for a scrimmage when we can drive 4 miles and play on turf. Especially when the other school is working with us on the gate proceeds.