AG Girls or Winnsboro Girls For Dist. Champions

statebound1944

AG i think will win...The stall game didnt cause them to lose. Anyone can see with basketball sense, that wasnt what happened. Even if you turn the ball over, That doesnt make you get out on shooters. I showed up late about 5 mins to go and stood by the door but if AG doesnt stall how many threes does WInns make? Cause AG couldnt play D.

I still like em though. AG by 15

Should be a good one. More than anything i just hope that there are no injuries for either team. What adjustments will be made by either team in this 3rd matchup? They know each other so well and both teams play so hard, i believe this one will be another entertaining close ballgame.The lady raiders need to continue the same strategy that they have used the first two games in slowing the pace down. They need to shoot the 3 pretty well and they need to take care of the ball and rebound.

This game is being played at the Herrington Patriot Center at the University of Texas at Tyler this Saturday at 5 PM. I bet the place will be full for this one! Right after that game is a Regional Final rematch between Coolidge and Saltillo at 6:30 PM. All part of the East Texas Playoff Preview.

I dont know if they can do it for a 3rd time, but if the lady raiders can keep AG at or around 50 points then they should have a very good chance to win. In the previous two matchups the lady panthers have scored 46 and 49 compared to their around 70-80 average against every other district team. Due mostly to the strategy implied by Coach Wallace of slowing down the game, that will be their key on saturday

I would give an opinion but morrow and wildpanfan might complain, so I won't pick.

HEYYY old feller! How we've missed you around these parts! Haven't seen you since the night before we played at Mineola!

Do you notice that some of the above folks have picked Winnsboro to win Saturday's game? That's their opinion, and that is what this forum is for. Oh, but they also haven't lied, made up ridiculous facts, and belittled high school kids and coaches who work their tails off to have a successful program! But I'm glad you're back! Hope you will turn out to Tyler on Saturday to watch some good basketball in action! It's gonna be fun!

Some one said that this game is for the district championship. Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is for seeding only. Been down this road before so I know what this game is for and to add some more money to the pot.

Do they both have the same district records? If they do, this game determines who gets the 1 seed and who is the 2. Now, they will probably be listed as co-district champions, but come on now, this is for the district championship!!!!

• Like 1

Chevyman you appear butthurt for some reason. Its a big game for both teams, you cant deny that. Just from a competitive standpoint. I think its a toss up really. If one team stumbles a little it could be a little lopsided. Both teams are good no doubt. I hope both stay healthy and make deep runs and represent their schools and 14AAA well.

It should have been a flip. One if not both with have to face Sunnyvale or Brock down the line. What if a key player from one team or the other gets hurt. Some one was not using their head.

I think that some of the AG posters are butt hurt that they did not beat us both times.

I do not think that we will meet down the road. One of us will be eliminated before the regionals. I am not going to say who; Just let the girls play it out.

Chevyman you appear butthurt for some reason. Its a big game for both teams, you cant deny that. Just from a competitive standpoint. I think its a toss up really. If one team stumbles a little it could be a little lopsided. Both teams are good no doubt. I hope both stay healthy and make deep runs and represent their schools and 14AAA well.

Not at all. Just wasnt a big fan of the lack of respect/credit given to the lady raiders after their win in AG. Never denied the fact of this being a big game, but lets be honest there are much bigger fish to fry down the road then just a game to decide 1st and 2nd in district. To be quite frank, as long as there are no injuries then this game can only help the youngns for the lady raiders by providing them a playoff atmosphere on a neutral court against a very good team.

Amen! Should be a fun few weeks for both teams. I hope so anyway!

Not at all. Just wasnt a big fan of the lack of respect/credit given to the lady raiders after their win in AG. Never denied the fact of this being a big game, but lets be honest there are much bigger fish to fry down the road then just a game to decide 1st and 2nd in district. To be quite frank, as long as there are no injuries then this game can only help the youngns for the lady raiders by providing them a playoff atmosphere on a neutral court against a very good team.

Agreed! I think there could honestly be no better warm-up game for either of these two teams than this game Saturday night. I do, however, pray for no injuries for all players involved - the red or the white!

• Like 1

Some one said that this game is for the district championship. Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is for seeding only. Been down this road before so I know what this game is for and to add some more money to the pot.

If truly it was just for seeding, they would flip. Neither team wants to give the other the satisfaction of winning a coin flip. Yes, you win you go in as 1 lose 2, but whoever goes in as one is dist. champions. At this point in the season, as good as both teams are, to get to the end, you'll have to face the tough teams regardless. Its more than seeding. Also I saw that you mentioned it should be a coin flip. Why? because they'll get hurt? That would be terrible no doubt, but they will get more out of playing each other than they will playing a warmup game against someone else. Because both teams would play a warmup game. Sounds like you think they could get hurt playing each other, but dont think they could in a warmup game.

It should have been a flip. One if not both with have to face Sunnyvale or Brock down the line. What if a key player from one team or the other gets hurt. Some one was not using their head.

I think that some of the AG posters are butt hurt that they did not beat us both times.

I do not think that we will meet down the road. One of us will be eliminated before the regionals. I am not going to say who; Just let the girls play it out

Brock would make me nervous, i have seen them play. I also have seen sunnyvale. They are not very good. Simple as that. Sunnyvale will be eliminated early. In my opinion. But tradition is big and you cant forget tradition or count it out. Lord knows winnsboro is still ridding on the back of Buddy Hawkins and all he did.