***THE OFFICIAL ASTROS SPRING TRAINING THREAD***

RETIREDFAN1

Read on chron.com where hitch is tired of his players being hit by pitches.......refer back to my posts LAST season.......its hitches fault.......when your player gets hit and there is no fear or threat of RETALIATION, it won't stop.......easy solution to that, coach Spock......BEAN somebody next time it happens......

• 2 weeks later...

IMO it was calculated gamble on the Astros part. Sure he made out good, but it wasn't a monster contract and if he had come through (as almost everybody had predicted) it would have been a steal for the team. They offered even a bigger contract to Springer when he was coming up and he declined. Hasn't worked out & doesn't look like it will, but I actually think it was a pretty shrewd move at the time. If I remember right, the Players Association was up in arms over it at the time

I remember that, and Bud Norris had a few words about it while in Baltimore.

Glad to see White up. I think he will go through some growing pains throughout the year, but it can't be any worse than last years production. Overall the team seems solid across the board. Still nervous about the bullpen, but even it is improved. We just have to get Hinch to use more pitchers and not burn out the bullpen before September/October.