Calallen and Alice granted their appeal

mooncity

Along about 1979-1980 the uil had an 11 team district in East Texas....Palestine, Crockett, Chapel Hill, Jacksonville, Henderson, Carthage, Center, Hallsville, Gladewater, Daingerfield, and Pine Tree....

The schools played 10 district games that year...no zones.

Have only seen this once-in 1977 the UIL made the unusual move by allowing Garland Lakeview Centennial to join 6AAA in their first year of varsity football. They joined DeSoto (I graduated from there in 1977), Lancaster, Ennis, Waxahachie, Bonham, Gainesville, Terrell, Seagoville, McKinney and Rockwall. This meant every game counted as a district game and this was in the days of one play-off team. DeSoto travelled to Gainesville for the first game of the year and lost 53-0 and that just about set the tone for that season. The district ended up in a four way tie with Gainesville winning I believe a flip of the coin for the play-off spot and they lost to Saginaw Boswell in bi-district. My sister was in the drill team and I still made every game despite being a freshman at Baylor.

Well I see someone else has a post about the same time frame.

If there is an 11 member district can go about it 2 ways....play a 10 game district format....start of district 1st game.....OR play a 4 game pre-season and then a 5 game zone and week 10 have a district championship game....only problem with #2 is the scoring system of who is zone champion and runnner-up for play-off brackets...Could get interesting QUICK

If there is an 11 member district can go about it 2 ways....play a 10 game district format....start of district 1st game.....OR play a 4 game pre-season and then a 5 game zone and week 10 have a district championship game....only problem with #2 is the scoring system of who is zone champion and runnner-up for play-off brackets...Could get interesting QUICK

Scenario #2 could be fun...

Play it like any other district for four games. Top two in zone, play for #1 & #2 playoff seeds...Next two teams play for #3 & #4 seeds...Everyone else playing for consolation. Then everyone gets a "Playoff" game...

Scenario #2 could be fun...

Play it like any other district for four games. Top two in zone, play for #1 & #2 playoff seeds...Next two teams play for #3 & #4 seeds...Everyone else playing for consolation. Then everyone gets a "Playoff" game...

topher....Ft Worth schools use to be like that with an 11 team format.....BUT was when only 2 went....soooo....the "Championship" game was for seating in the play-offs.....NOW have seen #1 scenario get UGLY...parispanther gave the ultimate scenario....district committee better have an ironclad matrix for play-off placing....since upper classes have BIG and small school brackets....UIL is the ultimate "business" for "use-ta-coulds" people use to could do the job BUT somewhere along the way LOST their way!!!!!

Football of 1976 District was Pine Tree, Kilgore, Henderson, Athens, Palestine, Jacksonville, Crockett, Hallsville, Center, Chapel Hill and Carthage.

One team went, Pine Tree was 9-1

Kilgore lost to PT game one by 1 point. Kilgore tied Henderson then won 8 straight including a 17-0 victory over J'Ville who was ranked in top ten in state. Kilgore ended 8-1-1 and stayed at home. J'Ville beat PT but lost to Kilgore and someone else (8-2 I think)

Good teams left at home due to only one could go on.

Gotta be ready every week, but now top 4 will represent district for playoffs

Good luck to all 11 teams districts