Rains is open

KarnackKing

Think I may have pieced it together who the front runner is according the TOC. They say he is in tight with Rouse and has lots of head coaching experience but i don't think i'm aloud to say the name according the rules of Smoaky.

I wouldn't post it on an open forum, nothing is a done deal in education until the ink is dry...I sent you a private message about it though, I don't have a clue who it is...but am keeping an eye on it.

From what I've seen of them the few times I made it out is not a lot talent coming through any time real soon. They are 3a D1 school trapped in a 4a dII body. They continue to barely miss the cut off number each realignment. If they could ever drop classifications they could be pretty salty. Who ever gets it probably needs to continue running some sort of power game they don't have a lot of speed to chunk the rock around.

so if thats the case why fire the guy that won 6 games with no talent? show some commitment to during the down years, just my opinion

I agree with you they should not have gotten rid of him. Smith did a great job there but small town politics got in the way here sad to see it. Does anyone know when they will make their final choice?

anytime I hear "small town politics" i think "uneducated board members" not sure if that's accurate in this case, but that's my train of thought

I don't have a dog in this fight at all....and I guess I can't speak to their level of education...but in my experience, 'small town politics' means selfish people with an agenda.

• Like 1

Think I may have pieced it together who the front runner is according the TOC. They say he is in tight with Rouse and has lots of head coaching experience but i don't think i'm aloud to say the name according the rules of Smoaky.

Absolutely, you can.

I'll leave the clue of my personal opinion, I believe he is an assistant in the Tyler area. If follow the Rouse connection with lots of head coaching experience its not too hard think its him but then again I could be completely wrong.

I'm starting to think you may be right about this supermaroon....follow Rouse back to his days as a Pirate (no relation)...and look in Tyler....pretty soon it all starts to add up to the same guy. That said, we have vague information from message boards...these things can turn on a dime.

so if thats the case why fire the guy that won 6 games with no talent? show some commitment to during the down years, just my opinion

Great question indeed!!! It's a sad reality for coaches today, and I hate this decision for him and his family. On a much happier note, I know another school that will be HAPPY to benefit from his knowledge and expertise! Bring it!!!

Great question indeed!!! It's a sad reality for coaches today, and I hate this decision for him and his family. On a much happier note, I know another school that will be HAPPY to benefit from his knowledge and expertise! Bring it!!!