Tommy Brashear Promoted to AD/FB Coach at Yoe...

Smoaky

Tommy Brashear started getting the itch to become a head football coach 2-3 years while serving on the state championship coaching staff as defensive coordinator at his Alma Mater, Cameron Yoe.

But, he never wanted to move to far away, and now he doesn't have too after being named the AD/Head Football Coach on Tuesday, "this is a dream come true, it's the next step for me and my career and there's no better place to make that move than Cameron, Texas."

This is Brashear's first head coaching job after serving as an assistant coach at Yoe for the last twelve years, the last five as defensive coordinator.

Brashear replaces Rick Rhoades, who led Yoe Nation to five state championship game appearances over the last six years, including winning three times in (2012, 2013, and 2014), "Coach Rhoades always told me if he left, he would recommend me, and I will always appreciate his support.

Rhoades is now the AD/Head Football Coach at Gregory-Portland High School.

Brashear has also been an assistant coach at Joshua (4-years) and Gatesville (2-years) prior to returning to where he graduated in 1992.

Brashear is also a graduate of Texas A&M University.

If it's not broke don't try to fix it!!

This is the way it is supposed to be done!!!

Roll Yoe!!

Congrats Coach

If it's not broke don't try to fix it!!

This is the way it is supposed to be done!!!

Roll Yoe!!

Congrats Coach

Let's check back in at the end of the 2 year contract and compare notes.

When I found out Yoe hired him, the first thing I said was, "Where's Pete (Magre)?!" I used to play pick'up basketball and football with those two, and they were always on the same team, and would put a hurt on you and make it look like an average day at the office! Then Yoe got Pete on the varsity staff, and I told my wife, "There ya go. You watch - One day Tommy an' Pete'll be runnin' that team."

BIG congrats to Tommy! Couldn't have happened to a more-deserving Yoeman! Support you infinty%! I know Ray's braggin' on ya...!

PROTECT THE TRADITION!

When I found out Yoe hired him, the first thing I said was, "Where's Pete (Magre)?!" I used to play pick'up basketball and football with those two, and they were always on the same team, and would put a hurt on you and make it look like an average day at the office! Then Yoe got Pete on the varsity staff, and I told my wife, "There ya go. You watch - One day Tommy an' Pete'll be runnin' that team."

BIG congrats to Tommy! Couldn't have happened to a more-deserving Yoeman! Support you infinty%! I know Ray's braggin' on ya...!

PROTECT THE TRADITION!

Lol. Supporting him now that he got the job after discrediting him earning the job by saying that the reason he got the job was because of that "country club group". Hypocrite.

Where are you from? Mcgregor?

It's starting to seem like the actual reason you said the Yoemen shouldn't hire Brashear is because you were scared of him continuing on with what's been built in Cameron just the way things have been going. Is that the real reason? You scared? Brashear will have the Yoemen right back in the thick of things again.

And for your post in the other thread claiming that the Yoemen will be playing for the 4th place spot in district, LOL!!!!! Was that an April Fools joke or something? Mcgregor better hope they can hold off Jarrell or Troy for that 4th spot.

Where are you from? Mcgregor?

It's starting to seem like the actual reason you said the Yoemen shouldn't hire Brashear is because you were scared of him continuing on with what's been built in Cameron just the way things have been going. Is that the real reason? You scared? Brashear will have the Yoemen right back in the thick of things again.

And for your post in the other thread claiming that the Yoemen will be playing for the 4th place spot in district, LOL!!!!! Was that an April Fools joke or something? Mcgregor better hope they can hold off Jarrell or Troy for that 4th spot.

+1...Make no mistake Coach Porter at Troy has the Trojans on the upswing....one of the best coaches in the district

Lol. Supporting him now that he got the job after discrediting him earning the job by saying that the reason he got the job was because of that "country club group". Hypocrite.

I said it before, I'll say it again: Go back and copy and paste exactly where I discredited Tommy's coaching ability and said "the only reason he got the job was because of the 'coubtry club crowd." Go ahead. PLEASE impress me.

NOW who's the liar? And thusly the hypocrite? You are about a sorry piece of worthless cr@p. And I'M an embarassment to Cameron? That would be ANOTHER example of YOU being the hypocrite. Keep goin', buddy. You can make yourself look a little worse - All ya gotta do is keep thinkin' you're smart and keep typin'.

Idiot.

• 1 year later...
On 3/30/2016 at 6:52 PM, 88YoePride said:
On 3/30/2016 at 1:50 PM, bulldogs99 said:

Yeah, one thing about it, they're throwin' him to the wolves in the toughest district in the state...! Sink or swim!

Damn I missed by a year, Coach Tommy and staff collapsed in his second season. Now they have to take lessons from Coach Miller and staff from the Rock.

2 hours ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

Man is he going to be a principle im guessing?

Nope he got two more years. Folks should not blame Coach Tommy he was just trying to better himself and his family. Folks need to go back and look at who  was  the Sup and sitting board members at the time of the hire, share a little  hate with those folks instead of putting all on Coach Tommy.  I hear there is a up coming opening   for a high school principle in Yoe land. No way he is going to jump though .Yoe Nation will  go years with mediocre results before they pull the  rug out from under  a home town boy If 2 years of back to back total domination  by Rock does not  move you out of the Head Coach and AD nothing will.  Plus if Coach Tommy bails all the home town boy assistants on staff are in jeopardy, Sup and Board sure not gonna let that happen. Tough days for Yoe nation, but there is always next year.

38 minutes ago, centexdad said:

Did anyone ever think that maybe after a half decade of incredible results, that the talent level might be down a little? You know, that happens in small schools? Just food for thought...

Could be because Coach  Rhoades, Bennett, Webb and Henderson are not at Yoe anymore also. Enough talent to be ranked Number 1 in the state before the season started.  The only folks that really know what happened at Yoe are the Coaches and players and they are not talking. Well maybe some are! Good luck next year Yoe.

• Like 1