Tommy Brashear Promoted to AD/FB Coach at Yoe...

Smoaky

11 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Yoe's OC Abe Vargas was named HC/AD for the Runge Yellowjackets.  Most likely more moves coming.  Hopefully.

Yoe fans  you got a whole lot more  weak links than Abe Vargas. Ask him how many plays that he really called during the season. Good luck to Mr. Vargas,  sometimes it is best to get out of Dodge while you can. Another Rhoades hire gone ----add to Bennett--Webb-- Henderson. Yikes! 

3 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Sit back and watch.  If Brashear's contract is extended for another year (we all know that will happen).  If I was a betting man Vargas will be replaced with another home town boy with no play calling experience.  

I hear it will be a outside hire. In my opinion  Coach Tommy wants to clear the deck, but he is a nice guy and  wants parts of the staff to leave voluntarily. If they stay , he has a problem when  he gets out of the weak district and faces athletes and better coaching. His contract will be extended as I say he is at least a five year man.

2 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

I still say he will promotes from within.  If that happens...well we all know the answer.  It will be groundhog day all over again for 2018.

I would be surprised to see a promotion.  This should draw plenty of quality candidates.  The last 3 have eventually got a head job.  

22 hours ago, Undesignated2000 said:

Who is in-house that you think would be worthy of a promotion? 

No one is worthy of the promotion but that is not how Brashear works.  My feelings are there are 3 or 4 on staff with no play calling experience that will be appointed OC.  Hopefully Brashear will go out an hire an experienced OC that can expand on this offense. It's getting a little stale.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

No one. 

So you think someone in house will be promoted who is not worthy of said promotion?  Looking at the athletic department website at http://www.cameronisd.net/page/ath.Meet the Coaches the coaches listed as football coaches are Balch Def Coord, Brock Def Backs, Hause 9th FB,  Jones O-Line,  Magre SpTeams Coord & RBs, Marek D-Line, Olson 9th FB, Rasberry OLBs, Wagner JHFB, Delgadillo JHFB,  Wake JHFB, and Young JHFB.  That means only Jones and Magre are left on the offensive side of the ball. Do you see one of them getting a promotion? Or do you see someone flipping from the defensive side of the ball.  Or do you see one of the 9th or JH coaches getting the promotion? 

3 hours ago, Undesignated2000 said:

So you think someone in house will be promoted who is not worthy of said promotion?  Looking at the athletic department website at http://www.cameronisd.net/page/ath.Meet the Coaches the coaches listed as football coaches are Balch Def Coord, Brock Def Backs, Hause 9th FB,  Jones O-Line,  Magre SpTeams Coord & RBs, Marek D-Line, Olson 9th FB, Rasberry OLBs, Wagner JHFB, Delgadillo JHFB,  Wake JHFB, and Young JHFB.  That means only Jones and Magre are left on the offensive side of the ball. Do you see one of them getting a promotion? Or do you see someone flipping from the defensive side of the ball.  Or do you see one of the 9th or JH coaches getting the promotion? 

My opinion is Coach Tommy will go outside. Do not see a in house promotion but stranger things have happened in Yoe Land.  Rumor around  Cen Tex is that it may be a junior high coach who  grabs the coveted OC  position or the  OL coach. It is up to the Sup and Coach Tommy, we will see. Vegas odds say no, but there is always a dark horse. Watch the Yoe fans go nuts if it is a in house hire. Yikes!

With the job being posted on THSCA, they are at least attracting outside applications to see who is interested.

Not real sure this is a job that a bunch of experienced OC's would want. Head Coach is on the hot seat and he is a hometown boy.  If things don't go well early he will need an escape goat. And, isn't Brashear's son a QB? Not the best situation for an OC.

3 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

With the job being posted on THSCA, they are at least attracting outside applications to see who is interested.

Not real sure this is a job that a bunch of experienced OC's would want. Head Coach is on the hot seat and he is a hometown boy.  If things don't go well early he will need an escape goat. And, isn't Brashear's son a QB? Not the best situation for an OC.

You are correct it's a bad situation for someone that is considered upper tier to apply.  That is why I say it's either going to be filled from within or it'll be another home towner that is looking to come back home.  Get your popcorn ready.

18 minutes ago, yoenation79 said:

You are correct it's a bad situation for someone that is considered upper tier to apply.  That is why I say it's either going to be filled from within or it'll be another home towner that is looking to come back home.  Get your popcorn ready.

Extension for Yoe  AD/HC coming Monday  in executive  session. 5 years or more coming Yoe fans. If it goes bad your board members will point to the Sup as the man to blame.

8 minutes ago, yoenation79 said:

I believe it says High School Sports not strickly East Texas sports.  There many other topic if it does not interest you then don't click on it.  

You’re right, but still take it to the coffee shop or the Baptist Church in the morning. Those two places are where the town gossip happens.

On Friday, February 09, 2018 at 12:18 PM, bulldogs99 said:

Extension for Yoe  AD/HC coming Monday  in executive  session. 5 years or more coming Yoe fans. If it goes bad your board members will point to the Sup as the man to blame.

Yes sir Monday night it will happen.  The board has placed themself in a corner with the HC/AD position.  HC being a Yoe grad and all the other Yoe grads on staff and other family members there at Yoe High.  The board knows deep down there should be a change but it will not happen.  It will be status quo for another year.  

3 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

You must be someone on staff are close to this topic. Hitting too much of a nerve.  

Ha, never been through Cameron but once in 53 years. Just tired of seeing you slaps wear the ball coach down. You think airing your concerns on Smoaky is going to get something done? It just shows ignorance in the community🤷‍♂️