Tommy Brashear Promoted to AD/FB Coach at Yoe...

Smoaky

You would be surprise of the amount of coaches that read this site. They just don't comment on them much. There might be a reason so many of your coaches are from their. If many coaches are reading all of this, this place runs the town, this group runs the school, we won't put up with this,  Why would this be a good place to go to or bring your family, to sit though all this in the stands. It is one thing to have a well informed fan base when it comes to the game, but sometimes it can go overboard.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, randomuser said:

Ha, never been through Cameron but once in 53 years. Just tired of seeing you slaps wear the ball coach down. You think airing your concerns on Smoaky is going to get something done? It just shows ignorance in the community🤷‍♂️

Then stay off the topic.  There are many others you can entertain yourself with.  Ignorance is someone that does not no anything about the subject that they are even commenting about.  For some reason you keep coming back to this thread.  Somehow we're hitting a nerve.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Exactly.  Those fundamentals of the game are disappearing with this staff.  

Maybe those athletes disappeared? Has that ever crossed the “bashing crowds” mind? If that was the game at Newsome in Mansfield I saw that game. Coaching buddy of mine played on the 83 Daingerfield team and I went to the game with him. Never heard any Daingerfield fans say “this isn’t the 83 team”. Sometimes you have players and sometimes you don’t. Is this reminding the folks of the Todd Dodge era? But wait, he went to SLC  and went like 78-2 and learned how to coach? And it does hit a nerve as a coach. Do you have the balls to tell us your career and if there’s a message board people can get on to critique your job performance? Bet not!!

3 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Then stay off the topic.  There are many others you can entertain yourself with.  Ignorance is someone that does not no anything about the subject that they are even commenting about.  For some reason you keep coming back to this thread.  Somehow we're hitting a nerve.

And ignorance is typing someone that does not *no*anything, should read not *know* anything. Any other suggestions Einstein?

21 minutes ago, randomuser said:

Maybe those athletes disappeared? Has that ever crossed the “bashing crowds” mind? If that was the game at Newsome in Mansfield I saw that game. Coaching buddy of mine played on the 83 Daingerfield team and I went to the game with him. Never heard any Daingerfield fans say “this isn’t the 83 team”. Sometimes you have players and sometimes you don’t. Is this reminding the folks of the Todd Dodge era? But wait, he went to SLC  and went like 78-2 and learned how to coach?

For someone who just drove thru Cameron one time 53 years ago and supposedly not know anything else about the town all of a sudden knows about the Todd Dodge and his time in Cameron.   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, randomuser said:

And ignorance is typing someone that does not *no*anything, should read not *know* anything. Any other suggestions Einstein?

We have definitely struck an nerve with you young man.  Hopefully the 2018 season will be better.  Your HC will get his contract renewed.  Your job is safe for another year.  You should realize you are in a profession that is going to be under scrunity.   

15 hours ago, randomuser said:

Maybe those athletes disappeared? Has that ever crossed the “bashing crowds” mind? If that was the game at Newsome in Mansfield I saw that game. Coaching buddy of mine played on the 83 Daingerfield team and I went to the game with him. Never heard any Daingerfield fans say “this isn’t the 83 team”. Sometimes you have players and sometimes you don’t. Is this reminding the folks of the Todd Dodge era? But wait, he went to SLC  and went like 78-2 and learned how to coach? And it does hit a nerve as a coach. Do you have the balls to tell us your career and if there’s a message board people can get on to critique your job performance? Bet not!!

A: Yeah, pretty sure Dodge DID have a way better talent pool at SLC. If he'd gone to Malakoff or Teague and thrown down a 78-2 record, THAT might have been a more logical comparison. SMH

B: These coaches, like politicians, are OUR EMPLOYEES. They are paid to teach OUR CHILDREN with OUR TAX MONEY. Does THAT explain why we think we have a right to voice our opinions?

Think before you type.

On 2/8/2018 at 8:29 PM, bulldogs99 said:

My opinion is Coach Tommy will go outside. Do not see a in house promotion but stranger things have happened in Yoe Land.  Rumor around  Cen Tex is that it may be a junior high coach who  grabs the coveted OC  position or the  OL coach. It is up to the Sup and Coach Tommy, we will see. Vegas odds say no, but there is always a dark horse. Watch the Yoe fans go nuts if it is a in house hire. Yikes!

Guarantee you Vargas got instantly tired of the criticism, and anyone from Yoe Nation can tell you the offensive miscues were most likely not his fault. And he didn't want to deal with the favoritism.

New outside OC is gonna bring at least new terminology that's gonna take a while to implement...

5 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Guarantee you Vargas got instantly tired of the criticism, and anyone from Yoe Nation can tell you the offensive miscues were most likely not his fault. And he didn't want to deal with the favoritism.

New outside OC is gonna bring at least new terminology that's gonna take a while to implement...

Vargas definitely wanted to distance himself from this mess.  Hopefully the new OC will have full reign.  Maybe..

• Like 1

20 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Vargas definitely wanted to distance himself from this mess.  Hopefully the new OC will have full reign.  Maybe..

Well, if you know what I (and almost every other member of Yoe Nation, so I'm sure you do) know, then let's call it what is: There's favoritism among the coaching staff, particularly one coach whose kids get on the field when more talented players should be, and possibly other personnel calls not solely based on "best player for the job" logic.

Can't really speak to the play-calling...

4 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

There's favoritism among the coaching staff, particularly one coach whose kids get on the field when more talented players should be, and possibly other personnel calls not solely based on "best player for the job" logic.

So some of the Coaches are playing their own kids in front of players that are better than them? I can't find a roster anywhere onlune but that should make it pretty easy to identify I'd think. 

What's up with the Cameron Yoe? Did Coach Tommy get that  ex Yoemen  and now Waco resident to be the OC?   Or they going with the Junior High Coach? 

Coach Tommy got a lot  of   holes  to fill next season, but that weak  district sked sure helps.   Yoe playoff bound next season for sure! First place not out of the question Yoe fans. The opinion around is that Coach Tommy's son going to be a excellent QB once he gets a few varsity snaps. 

On 2/12/2018 at 8:58 PM, Undesignated2000 said:

So some of the Coaches are playing their own kids in front of players that are better than them? I can't find a roster anywhere onlune but that should make it pretty easy to identify I'd think. 

Yoe fans know. It's a small town. It's discussed openly in the stands.

3 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

What's up with the Cameron Yoe? Did Coach Tommy get that  ex Yoemen  and now Waco resident to be the OC?   Or they going with the Junior High Coach? 

Coach Tommy got a lot  of   holes  to fill next season, but that weak  district sked sure helps.   Yoe playoff bound next season for sure! First place not out of the question Yoe fans. The opinion around is that Coach Tommy's son going to be a excellent QB once he gets a few varsity snaps. 

My money is on the homer that is an assistant there at Midway.  Miller has Yoemen's number.  The Tiger's have no respect for that Yoe defense.  Rockdale would need to at least loose 2 district games for the Yoemen to win district.  I believe the dark horse of the district is going to be Lago Vista.   Will not take much to be a playoff team this upcoming season.  Just look back at 2017.  Just laughable that the Yoemen even played a playoff game.

Poor coaches kids. I had a son play for me and I told him he’d have to outwork everyone on the team because if he didn’t there would be some idiots in the stands saying he was only playing because he was a coaches kid. I’ve seen some CK’s who didn’t ever need to be on the field and some that could play. I have no clue about the CK’s in Yoe Nation but it’s tougher on the kid than the coach. So be easy on the kids. They’ve heard their dads called everything you can imagine while they were young.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, randomuser said:

Poor coaches kids. I had a son play for me and I told him he’d have to outwork everyone on the team because if he didn’t there would be some idiots in the stands saying he was only playing because he was a coaches kid. I’ve seen some CK’s who didn’t ever need to be on the field and some that could play. I have no clue about the CK’s in Yoe Nation but it’s tougher on the kid than the coach. So be easy on the kids. They’ve heard their dads called everything you can imagine while they were young.

You are definitely correct! The only thing worse than worse than having a losing season is having a losing season with your son as the quarterback. Hope for both the boy and the coach that they have a good year. And don't forget the wife/mothers in the stands as well....might be toughest on them as well!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, randomuser said:

Well,  the best thing a coach can do is have the right/best personnel on the field to make a play/win a game, regardless of who their parents are. 

9 hours ago, randomuser said:

Coach Tommy's son will be OK at QB if the offensive line protects him. You can't show your skills if you are under relentless pressure. The Yoe fans may be howling  but it should not be at the QB. Yoe has a lot of issues to point to besides QB. Lot of positions to fill, a rebuild year. But as usual the head man gets the blame when they lose and the glory when they win.

On 2/10/2018 at 10:22 PM, yoenation79 said:

We have definitely struck an nerve with you young man.  Hopefully the 2018 season will be better.  Your HC will get his contract renewed.  Your job is safe for another year.  You should realize you are in a profession that is going to be under scrunity.   

Coach/AD  Tommy got the extension. Board and Sup see a lot of untapped potential in Coach Tommy and Staff. Do the Yoe fans agree?  You have to evaluate his entire program to be fair.

3 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

Coach/AD  Tommy got the extension. Board and Sup see a lot of untapped potential in Coach Tommy and Staff. Do the Yoe fans agree?  You have to evaluate his entire program to be fair.

I disagree.  This community and the high school lives and breathe football everything else just falls in line.  There has been a decline in the basics of fundamentals in how the game of football is to be played since he and his staff have taken over.  Looks like the Sup and board members have painted themself into a corner.  There too many local ties for them not to give him an extension.  Hopefully we will see a change this upcoming season.   There are just to many question than answers for 2018. 

18 hours ago, Undesignated2000 said:

So contract is in place which provides for some security and potential for consistency which could be a good thing. Any word on who the new OC will be? Promoting from within? Going outside? Bringing back more Yoe blood? What's the word in Yoeland?

Yoe never know  in  Yoe land. The guy they want turned them down twice already. My money is outside, but the junior high coach is lurking in the weeds. Yoe will do better  within the district this season. Non-district may be difficult as well as the playoffs.  Got to remember it took Miller of the Rock years to win a title.  Miller hung around as a head man long enough to get it done. Miller is the top rated coach in the district after the Franklin Lion coach departed.Coach Tommy may be able to  hang around in Cameron for 12 years or so and win Yoe a title. All just a opinion of course, it all may blow up next season and the reassignment to principal may take place, Yoe fans just have to wait and see.