Tommy Brashear Promoted to AD/FB Coach at Yoe...

Smoaky

14 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Word is that Brashear has hired himself an OC and it's not a maroon and gray guy.  They must of all turned him down.  Not heard the official announcement but what I'm hearing is that he was a  head coach last season.

Have not heard anything about OC.  Just as  Coach Rhoades, Coach Tommy called his  offensive plays. Some one will get the spot, but Coach Tommy will call the plays. Keep your ear to the ground on the DC, he may bolt yet . In reality Cameron  showed a glaring weakness when Henderson, Webb, and Bennett left the program. If I am not mistaken all worked out of the press box on game night.  In looking back there certainly were some peculiar hires  and promotions by the AD to the football staff.

Cameron will do OK the next couple of seasons, rack up enough wins to please the home town fans. No state championships, but that will be OK with the administration and the fan base. .But   It could all blow up within the next 2 years but I don't see that happening. I will go out on a limb and say Cameron will win first place in the watered down district.All just a opinion. 

I'm going to get my crystal ball out for this one. 

I predict Cameron hires (o-coordinator) someone who has been a head coach, and who has been a head coach in the same division as Cameron.  Little further south.  

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

I predict Cameron hires (o-coordinator) someone who has been a head coach, and who has been a head coach in the same division as Cameron.  Little further south.  

I would bet we're on the same boat on the new OC hire is then.  You should have the inside track 09 but are you sure its south.

5 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

They should be releasing the new OC's name next week.  I think 09's crystal ball is upside down.  Look to the north but stranger things have happened which wouldn't surprise anyone around this Yoe program.

I think there is a little confusion with that going around.  Within Cameron's current division is what I predict.  

On 3/15/2018 at 12:50 AM, Yoe09 said:

They will work for Cameron once Coach Tommy leaves for the principal position they can  move the ex head coach up to head coach vacancy  without doing a job search. Perfect scenario for the board and administration.   The Cameron way. Yikes!

5 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

They will work for Cameron once Coach Tommy leaves for the principal position they can  move the ex head coach up to head coach vacancy  without doing a job search. Perfect scenario for the board and administration.   The Cameron way. Yikes!

What I understand if Brashear hires the one I have been hearing about, he (the future new OC) has a pretty nice resume.  Just don't know why he's taking the job.  You maybe on to something.

On 2/6/2018 at 10:52 AM, yoenation79 said:

Sit back and watch.  If Brashear's contract is extended for another year (we all know that will happen).  If I was a betting man Vargas will be replaced with another home town boy with no play calling experience.  

Cameron has hired Altair Rice AD/HFC Gary Zeinert as the next offensive coordinator.  

8 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

Cameron has hired Altair Rice AD/HFC Gary Zeinert as the next offensive coordinator.  

Let's hope Brashear will let him have control of the offense and play the best talent even if it means a player has to go both ways.  Hopefully Brashear will place his attention on the defense more this upcoming season.  Brashear went out of his comfort zone and made an outside hire. Good for him.  Hopefully it will work out for all of Yoe Nation.

15 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

What I understand if Brashear hires the one I have been hearing about, he (the future new OC) has a pretty nice resume.  Just don't know why he's taking the job.  You maybe on to something.

26 and 30---- as head man.   I  think.  Could be a valuable asset to Coach Tommy in the press box both on  offense and defense.  Unfortunately he won't be able to change the politics of Cameron athletic program because he is not the head man.  Don't believe the offense was the problem, internal hiring practices seemed to be a issue. Glad to see Cameron go outside on this hire. I will stay on on the same limb I was on before the OC hire, with this watered down district Cameron will come in first. When the playoffs bring teams with adequate coaching and athletes the problems begin for Cameron.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Zeinert always had good offenses at Rice, they could run it and they could definitely sling it. He is a good addition.

Yes his win and loss record isn't impressive but it's a good hire offensively.  Just makes me scratch my head and wonder why he would take a job with this ticking time bomb.  Change is good.  I just hope Brashear gives him the tools to be successful.

29 minutes ago, yoenation79 said:

Yes his win and loss record isn't impressive but it's a good hire offensively.  Just makes me scratch my head and wonder why he would take a job with this ticking time bomb.  Change is good.  I just hope Brashear gives him the tools to be successful.

You got to have a line that blocks and a defense that can get the ball back.  Head Coach in Cameron calls the plays on Friday night I have been told.  I see  OC  value as eyes in the press box, if the coaches on the field will listen. Cameron has to play it's best athletes, and even with  that happening  a  deep playoff run is very unlikely. But that is why you play the games Cameron fans. 79 you ask a good question about the OC leaving a HC position. Maybe he has friends in the administration and on the board in Cameron.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2018 at 7:21 AM, yoenation79 said:

Let's hope Brashear will let him have control of the offense and play the best talent even if it means a player has to go both ways.  Hopefully Brashear will place his attention on the defense more this upcoming season.  Brashear went out of his comfort zone and made an outside hire. Good for him.  Hopefully it will work out for all of Yoe Nation.

Well, we know that's up to the people with stroke in Cameron - the big names and big contributors.

15 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Going to be a write up in the next edition of the Cameron Hearld about the Yoemen's new OC.  Hopefully we'll get a little more insight about his reasoning for coming to Cameron.  Let's hope he has a little more thicker skin then some on the staff.

Not worried about the thick skin as much as respect from the players. I'm hoping for a turn around in the program and I really wish the coaches success next season, but you gotta wonder how this thing got off track so fast.

Did the new OC step down from Altair or was let go? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Going to be a write up in the next edition of the Cameron Hearld about the Yoemen's new OC.  Hopefully we'll get a little more insight about his reasoning for coming to Cameron.  Let's hope he has a little more thicker skin then some on the staff.

Coach Rhoades was a tough act to follow in Cameron. Cameron fans certainly had  one of the top rated coaches in their division.  Most coaches have a ego and definitely do not like to be criticized on football boards. In my opinion you have to have the ego to be a good one. 

The real  issue  in Cameron football surrounds the fact that  they have one of the highest enrollments in their high school within their classification.  Which should be fertile ground for a head coach and staff to get the players out for the program and place them in the right position to win. So in reality forget the watered down district and concentrate on the million dollar question does Coach Tommy and his staff have the  total  coaching package to take the Cameron Yoe to another state  title game and win.

In my opinion that is what the silent majority wants and that is the question that surrounds Coach Tommy and staff, because Cameron better take advantage of this high enrollment and win, because mark my words they will be moving up to a higher classification unless something drastically changes in Cameron or the UIL keeps bumping up the top end enrollment figure.

Adding  a OC  with head coaching experience is a plus, but Coach Tommy is the captain of the ship and has to  place the right players on the field  and coaches on the staff even if it is not politically correct. I guess Cameron fans in the know should look at their off season football  program and their track  program to see if the stern  hands on approach is being taken by Coach Tommy. Regardless on which way it goes it is just a game and life goes on. Good luck Cameron fans  chasing that  coveted state title. Hope I am wrong but Rock will get one before Cameron.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2018 at 8:58 PM, bulldogs99 said:

Hope I am wrong but Rock will get one before Cameron.

I have to disagree with this statement... Rockdale caught lightning in a bottle this year with the move in QB....otherwise they would not have won their first State title since the 70's. Cameron has won four over that span and been to six....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

O-coordinator article has been pushed back to next week.  It's finished, it was just a very busy week for sports and this was not time sensitive.  

Coach Zeinert is definitely ready to join Yoe Nation!

09 you never disappoint.  You always do a good job with your coverage.  Looking forward to the article.  Let's just hope Coach Zeinert knows how hot the fire is around Yoe Nation. 

• Like 1

Said it before, I'll say it again: A, if the rumors I hear about the discipline issue are anywhere near true, that needs to be addressed. PERIOD. B, as long as certain coaches/supporters are being allowed to influence playcalling or certain personnel decisions, on-field or coaching staff, that are personal and not in the interest of WINNING, then there's going to be a problem.

If that's not the case, then what happens happens.

3 hours ago, Undesignated2000 said:

I have to disagree with this statement... Rockdale caught lightning in a bottle this year with the move in QB....otherwise they would not have won their first State title since the 70's. Cameron has won four over that span and been to six....

You have a right to disagree and to your opinion. I just think moving forward Rock has the better overall chance of winning a state title  Than Cameron.  Rock will be down talent wise this season, so I pick  Cameron  to win district. If Rock beats Cameron this season there is major problems in Cameron football,  Though Miller is the best HC in the district.

23 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

Said it before, I'll say it again: A, if the rumors I hear about the discipline issue are anywhere near true, that needs to be addressed. PERIOD. B, as long as certain coaches/supporters are being allowed to influence playcalling or certain personnel decisions, on-field or coaching staff, that are personal and not in the interest of WINNING, then there's going to be a problem.

If that's not the case, then what happens happens.

The parents know what is going on inside the program.  Most are afraid to speak because of retaliation against their kids.  I am sure  7 on 7 will bring out the chatter in Cameron fans.

How hard line the off season football workouts and the participation in the track program are sometimes a indicator on what approach is being taken by HC.

A great staff is always a huge plus, but the HC calls the shots just as York and Rhoades in their tenure in Cameron.

I agree with what you said  in your quote. In my opinion you can't have the administration, the board or family members calling the shots it has to be the HC. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

You have a right to disagree and to your opinion. I just think moving forward Rock has the better overall chance of winning a state title  Than Cameron.  Rock will be down talent wise this season, so I pick  Cameron  to win district. If Rock beats Cameron this season there is major problems in Cameron football,  Though Miller is the best HC in the district.

Rockdale produes talent every year. It finally culminated in a State championship. 

• Like 1