Tommy Brashear Promoted to AD/FB Coach at Yoe...

Smoaky

On 12/27/2017 at 11:47 PM, Yoe09 said:

Seeing the comments on this thread are no surprise.  Cameron is a passionate football community that does not accept losing. Two coaches did that better than most....York (76-11) and Rhoades (82-17).  Yes, Rhoades played in 5 state championships in his 7 years and still did not have the best winning percentage.

Good coaches are going to win football games in Cameron.  I am not going to sit here and point fingers but I will say the expectations were very high headed into this season.  I noticed the usual "the talent may not be there" post that you generally see in these topics.  Was this team as talented as 2010 or 2012....No.  But, as it was also mentioned in this thread, there was no way I ever saw a 4-7 season.  There was a good crop of seniors on this year's team and though there will be talent coming up, it remains to be seen if this team will be improved or just continue to slide downhill, just as the entire 2017 season.   

The ring is what counts, just ask Coach Miller at Rock..  Talent was not the issue in Yoe Land. Placing the talent in the right position was a huge problem.   The staff was terrible. If changes are not made by Coach Tommy a State Championship for Yoe Land is just a dream. One of the largest schools in the division, will start to see a great decline in participation by student athletes, and a large decline in attendance by Yoe fans.  The district will take a huge hit when the folks who yearly retain the reserve seats give up their  tickets, that will be the beginning of the end for Coach Tommy. The Yoe Nation thought they could just hand the baton off to Coach Tommy and all would be well, but that did not happen, so they got what they got a mess.If Yoe Land bought into mediocre that just what they got.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bulldogs99 said:

The ring is what counts, just ask Coach Miller at Rock..  Talent was not the issue in Yoe Land. Placing the talent in the right position was a huge problem.   The staff was terrible. If changes are not made by Coach Tommy a State Championship for Yoe Land is just a dream. One of the largest schools in the division, will start to see a great decline in participation by student athletes, and a large decline in attendance by Yoe fans.  The district will take a huge hit when the folks who yearly retain the reserve seats give up their  tickets, that will be the beginning of the end for Coach Tommy. The Yoe Nation thought they could just hand the baton off to Coach Tommy and all would be well, but that did not happen, so they got what they got a mess.If Yoe Land bought into mediocre that just what they got.

You have taken the words right out of my mind in a FEW comments in this thread. I was very close with Coach Brashear's older brother so I've "known" him since he was a kid. He's always been an upstanding young man. But I said from Jump Street that the "country club crowd" in Cameron wanted him to have that job just because he was a "local boy" who they could press under their thumbs. Now the kids and the community are paying for it. Well, we'll see what kind of effect this has in the next school board elections... I'm with you - Tommy's a good guy, and he does care about the Yoe kids. But I'm not sure he's head coach material. And the size of the roster on the sidelines, and the support at pep rallies and in the stands on Friday nights is going to suffer if things don't get turned around QUICK.

Been watching this thread for a while now.  Decided to register to make a comment.  I have yet heard anyone really come out in support for Brashear to keep the head coaching position.   I see it like a few others that have posted.  There is talent at Yoenation.  Brashear does not know how to utilize the talent he has. He played kids out of position and he has to understand the world is not coming to an end if he plays a few kids both ways.  As a few others have stated here there are way too many home boys on this staff that are not qualified to be in their position.  Fundamendales of the game have suffered the last two seasons because of this.  I am hopeful we will see a better result in 2018.  If not it maybe along time before we can dig out of this hole Yoenation is experiencing. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2017 at 2:06 PM, yoenation79 said:

Been watching this thread for a while now.  Decided to register to make a comment.  I have yet heard anyone really come out in support for Brashear to keep the head coaching position.   I see it like a few others that have posted.  There is talent at Yoenation.  Brashear does not know how to utilize the talent he has. He played kids out of position and he has to understand the world is not coming to an end if he plays a few kids both ways.  As a few others have stated here there are way too many home boys on this staff that are not qualified to be in their position.  Fundamendales of the game have suffered the last two seasons because of this.  I am hopeful we will see a better result in 2018.  If not it maybe along time before we can dig out of this hole Yoenation is experiencing. 

Coach Tommy and staff like next years squad. They will go a  round or possibly two into the playoffs. All will be well in Yoe Land. The fan base accepts mediocrity pretty well in Yoe Land. Only way the Sup and Board will change is when the attendance at home games drops drastically. You have too many home town boys from top to bottom to run a straight program. Odds in Vegas are the Rock will win another title, before Yoe ever  gets close to sniffing one. One wrong hire by the home town crew can hamper a program for years. Good luck Yoe Land. 

Gezzz guys when yoe land turns y'll turn quick.....I believe I said when Rhodes left and y'll hired him y'll weren' going to do much. Hard to replace a Rhodes.....yall will go through 2 or 3 coaches before y'll find another Rhodes. I understand you can' wait but got to go throiugh these times to enjoy the good. It will come again for you guys.

On 12/31/2017 at 10:43 AM, highschoolfootball99 said:

Gezzz guys when yoe land turns y'll turn quick.....I believe I said when Rhodes left and y'll hired him y'll weren' going to do much. Hard to replace a Rhodes.....yall will go through 2 or 3 coaches before y'll find another Rhodes. I understand you can' wait but got to go throiugh these times to enjoy the good. It will come again for you guys.

Ain't even about finding another Rhoades. Yoe Nation was Yoe Nation for YEARS before Rhoades. And let's be honest - Like Sumlin with Manziel, Rhoades lucked out that he was coaching when Traion came along. This program has had way better seasons with way less talent. MANY times. But what has also happened is that A: Now that the program has won MULTIPLE state titles after all these years, the fans have grown complacent, and B: (And forgive me for not being politically correct here) Now that soccer has moved in and the concussion scare has rattled new age parents, many boys coming up are being moved away from football in Cameron. It's almost a "perfect storm" that has to be addressed and dealt with in this small town.

3 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Ain't even about finding another Rhoades. Yoe Nation was Yoe Nation for YEARS before Rhoades. And let's be honest - Like Sumlin with Manziel, Rhoades lucked out that he was coaching when Traion came along. This program has had way better seasons with way less talent. MANY times. But what has also happened is that A: Now that the program has won MULTIPLE state titles after all these years, the fans have grown complacent, and B: (And forgive me for not being politically correct here) Now that soccer has moved in and the concussion scare has rattled new age parents, many boys coming up are being moved away from football in Cameron. It's almost a "perfect storm" that has to be addressed and dealt with in this small town.

Word in central Tx is Coach Tommy been given orders to clean up his staff, it seems he is reluctant to do so because of friendship. That being the case a high school principal destination is next or maybe another coaching destination. The clock is ticking a decision by the end of February most likely. Good luck Coach Tommy and the Nation.

7 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Soccer? That's the excuse? Come on Man.

Soccer is not even scratching the itch of the problems the Yoemen are experiencing.  The problem right now is the coaching staff that is trying to lead these kids.  If things keep trending the direction they are going then soccer may start drawing a bigger attendance.

I personally give a ton of credit to Rhoades and our success, and I was personally one of his biggest fans.  Yes, there was talent, but with our previous coaching regime would we have made those runs?  

If I see athletes on the soccer field that should be playing football and they aren't, then there is a problem.  Right now, I don't see that being a problem.  

I'm not saying soccer is a problem right now. But I've personally met more than one adolescent male in CISD who has told me he's "playing soccer because Mommy doesn't want me to play football." I'm saying in a few years, if the football program doesn't get straightened out it could be a harmful combination...

What has upset allot of Yoe fans is how fundamentally unsound the team has become. This coaching staff does not know how to evaluate it's talent and put them in position to be successful.  There needs to be a change at HC and it needs to be done soon.  This existing Super and school board had the opportunity to hire an experienced HC.  Hopefully the wrongs will be righted.

• Like 1

Interesting reading your posts.  Maybe you guys won’t be able to win state every year, which y’all did for a few years.  I will say there have been some good teams drop into your division like Atlanta and Diboll and a few others.  It is very hard to win at a high level every year especially in the smaller schools.  That being said I can see your frustrations with going 4-7, loosing to your rival, and your rival winning state.  You guys are proud and extremely competitive, and I like that about the Yoe faithful.  Good luck to you guys in 2018 it won’t be easy your division is a tough one.

• Like 1

you freaking crazy if you don't give all the credit to Rhoades. You have lost you mind bud. What's sad here is traion who was a great player wasn't all yall had. If memory serves me right never got over 80 yards in a game against Teague and yall still beat us because of sicory smith, westbrook, the other speedy WR before smith I don't rmember his name, and some good QB play. Rhoades had the right staff and football brains in X and O too bring yall a state title after state title.

1 hour ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

you freaking crazy if you don't give all the credit to Rhoades. You have lost you mind bud. What's sad here is traion who was a great player wasn't all yall had. If memory serves me right never got over 80 yards in a game against Teague and yall still beat us because of sicory smith, westbrook, the other speedy WR before smith I don't rmember his name, and some good QB play. Rhoades had the right staff and football brains in X and O too bring yall a state title after state title.

You so right!  Keep watching the Tommy Brashear story, could get interesting. When the board members start throwing you under the bus, the sup probably ain't far behind. Stress is a ###.

21 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Soccer is not even scratching the itch of the problems the Yoemen are experiencing.  The problem right now is the coaching staff that is trying to lead these kids.  If things keep trending the direction they are going then soccer may start drawing a bigger attendance.

Lol I don’t think our soccer team will start drawing a bigger crowd anytime soon. Hard to do when you average around 1.5 wins a year.

17 hours ago, TheYoeYoe said:

Lol I don’t think our soccer team will start drawing a bigger crowd anytime soon. Hard to do when you average around 1.5 wins a year.

The day high school soccer,  or should I say futbol, takes over in Texas, is the day I move to Colorado. Lol!

On 1/4/2018 at 8:39 PM, TheYoeYoe said:

Ain' t talking about the crowds. Talking about moms preferring their boys play soccer than football, and the boys' decision to submit to that preference possibly being affected by the football program losing its luster.

On 1/4/2018 at 10:02 AM, highschoolfootball99 said:

Rhoades and Traion got us to state title games, but Yoe was a Texas HS football powerhouse that won consistently for generations before they came along.

2 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Rhoades and Traion got us to state title games, but Yoe was a Texas HS football powerhouse that won consistently for generations before they came along.

Brashear and staff was in charge of 2 embarrassing losses in two seasons to Rockdale in the history of the rivalry. Most points ever given up by any coaching staff.

18 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

You do realize Traion wasn't even on rhoades first state title team....i sure hope as a yoe fan you know this

On 1/10/2018 at 9:17 AM, highschoolfootball99 said:

You do realize Traion wasn't even on rhoades first state title team....i sure hope as a yoe fan you know this

All yall in Yoe Nation you got a board election coming up, if tired of the mess clean house or just put up with mediocrity.  Just a  Few folks run the system at  Yoe land, the silent majority got to go change it. As I hear it your athletic program is in  bad shape, baseball is Yoe only hope. Yoe playing for 4th place in everything else.

• Like 1

On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 9:17 AM, highschoolfootball99 said:

2010 was Rhoades first title opportunity.  Kelly was the running back.

2012 was his 1st. State title.  Denio was the back during that run.

Good times.

• Like 1

Is not Yoe moving up to CONFERENCE 4A DIVISION 2? 

WHAT DISTRICT will Yoe move into?

All this talk about soccer I was wondering about golf. with a strong Country Club Crowd in control, Yoe must have a strong golf team. How far did Yoe go last year in golf in 3AD1?

YOE will have some strong competition from Shill in 4A. in golf.

8 hours ago, sackem said:

Is not Yoe moving up to CONFERENCE 4A DIVISION 2? 

WHAT DISTRICT will Yoe move into?

All this talk about soccer I was wondering about golf. with a strong Country Club Crowd in control, Yoe must have a strong golf team. How far did Yoe go last year in golf in 3AD1?

YOE will have some strong competition from Shill in 4A. in golf.

Yoe staying in 3a d1.  Turned in 488 3a cutoff set at 504.

Yoe had a decent boys and girls golf team last year.