Tommy Brashear Promoted to AD/FB Coach at Yoe...

Smoaky

On 4/12/2018 at 10:37 AM, highschoolfootball99 said:

Yes Teague has to travel a long ways also!

I just knew they were gonna put us together again but they had other thoughts.

Its nuts that teams that are 30 to 45 mins apart dont get put in the same district with other teams.... One of our games is about 2-2 1/2 hours away for dist then our closest dist game is about 1 1/2 dont make sense when we got teams like yall cameron rockdale so much closer... Im calling for next dist realignment for district 9/10 to be franklin cameron rockdale teague groesbeck to be all together in one district unless we get knocked down to d2

On 4/12/2018 at 2:10 PM, Tigers89 said:

Wish yall could have as well. Really going to miss that Rockdale/Cameron/Franklin district from the past 2 seasons. 

Yeah i wish we could have played yall or cameron or both of yall even in non dist but didnt turn out that way we got hearne(rival) mart lorena and another one but dont know who it is

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

Yoe by 21 this time around unless Super Soph group for Rock is really great. Could get political in Rock this season. Yoe to much speed and quickness this season.

Yoe may have the speed and quickness but you have to have a staff that will teach the fundamentals, disipline and put the players in the right positions for success.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2018 at 7:03 PM, yoenation79 said:

Yoe may have the speed and quickness but you have to have a staff that will teach the fundamentals, disipline and put the players in the right positions for success.

Watch 7 on 7 QB shoot out and see which QB starts by district. Very interesting battle when they put on the pads. Cameron will coast to the playoffs then it may get a bit rough and rugged for the Yoe if the staff can't make the in game adjustments. If they  place the new OC   in the press box during games , PLUS WORK DURING THE WEEK WITH THE OL  they got a chance. I am sure there will be a combined  coaching effort on the defense, Cameron has 4 LBS coming back, so all they got to do is replace 3 down linemen  and 4 secondary folks. Some Cameron folks say the JV secondary was better than the varsity anyway  so there should be no sweat there. 

Senior----Junior----Sophomore QB battle very interesting!  All Cameron fans remember Rhoades started a soph at QB during his run and it paid big dividends. 

4 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

Watch 7 on 7 QB shoot out and see which QB starts by district. Very interesting battle when they put on the pads. Cameron will coast to the playoffs then it may get a bit rough and rugged for the Yoe if the staff can't make the in game adjustments. If they  place the new OC   in the press box during games , PLUS WORK DURING THE WEEK WITH THE OL  they got a chance. I am sure there will be a combined  coaching effort on the defense, Cameron has 4 LBS coming back, so all they got to do is replace 3 down linemen  and 4 secondary folks. Some Cameron folks say the JV secondary was better than the varsity anyway  so there should be no sweat there. 

Senior----Junior----Sophomore QB battle very interesting!  All Cameron fans remember Rhoades started a soph at QB during his run and it paid big dividends. 

Yoe will not coast.  Replacing 7 on defense is no small task.  Brashear is going to have to have some kids going both ways to be competitive.  Jack Rhoades did not start at qb until his senior year 2010. Jack played wide reiciver his 

junior season 2009.  Jack did some mop up duty at qb in 2009.  In 2011 Kopriva started as a sophomore at qb.  Kopriva at qb his junior and senior years Yoe won state. (2012 & 13)

On 4/2/2018 at 12:07 PM, highschoolfootball99 said:

Yup then we put in our QB who should of been in all year and started making noise. But if locklin does not move to rockdale rockdale does not get past malakoff.

Hate to be this guy but 4 months later we’re just gonna act like that Rockdale Tiger defense didn’t put the clamps on every playoff opponent they came across. Don’t get us wrong, Locklin is a baller and it was his family choice to locate down here. But only giving up an average of 25 pts all postseason on the road to Jerry World says something considering the offenses we faced, especially in West, Teague and Yoakum. Just check that 3A D1 State game film, once those middle linebackers stopped overreacting to the run it was a complete wrap. 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2018 at 11:25 AM, bulldogs99 said:

See, RUMOR is (Read: "His dad told me") that one of those JV dbs may not suit up this fall because he sat on the bench in favor of a less-talented player... let's just say "with a certain last name." Hear about these kind of personnel calls every season...

14 hours ago, Tigers89 said:

Hate to be this guy but 4 months later we’re just gonna act like that Rockdale Tiger defense didn’t put the clamps on every playoff opponent they came across. Don’t get us wrong, Locklin is a baller and it was his family choice to locate down here. But only giving up an average of 25 pts all postseason on the road to Jerry World says something considering the offenses we faced, especially in West, Teague and Yoakum. Just check that 3A D1 State game film, once those middle linebackers stopped overreacting to the run it was a complete wrap. 

You are correct sir

On Thursday, April 19, 2018 at 12:42 PM, 88YoePride said:

See, RUMOR is (Read: "His dad told me") that one of those JV dbs may not suit up this fall because he sat on the bench in favor of a less-talented player... let's just say "with a certain last name." Hear about these kind of personnel calls every season...

This goes on in all schools.  As far as not coming out for the 2018 season.  You maybe seeing a lower number of participants this fall.   Next month 7 on 7 begins.  Keep an eye on that qb position.  I believe Brashear already knows who is going to start this fall.  No matter the outcome during 7 on 7.   The most talented does not always get the nod.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2018 at 5:15 PM, yoenation79 said:

This goes on in all schools.  As far as not coming out for the 2018 season.  You maybe seeing a lower number of participants this fall.   Next month 7 on 7 begins.  Keep an eye on that qb position.  I believe Brashear already knows who is going to start this fall.  No matter the outcome during 7 on 7.   The most talented does not always get the nod.

Coach Tommy will start the Senior at QB.. It is his job to win or lose Hey by district there  may be  two sophomores  starting at QB in Milam County.. If the staff does not  start the best players and play them both ways, last  season  football  in Cameron will  be a walk in the park compared to the negative push back the staff will receive  from fans in Cameron this season. Pick Cameron to win district title , but the playoffs may get a bit rugged for the Cameron fan base. It such a weak district Yoe fans, unless some team comes out of no where to be dominant you got it in the bag.

1 hour ago, bulldogs99 said:

New  season  a lot of sophomores could start in Rock.   Lost them linebackers to graduation. Rock playing for third in weak district.

Heard that once before. 6 or so coming back from state title defense. Alot of talented kids coming up on offense. Rock is reloading.

On 4/13/2018 at 11:55 AM, yoenation79 said:

Have they started the work on the stadium?  If so will it be ready for the Tiger's home opener?  If nothing changes defensively for the Yoemen and I mean for the better.  The out come will most likely be the same.  As always it's fun for the communities.

yoenation79 still haven’t begun the work yet.  Could be up in the air whether the stadium gets finished before the season opener or not. How that plays out with the first home game or two, who knows. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see. 

2 hours ago, Tigers89 said:

yoenation79 still haven’t begun the work yet.  Could be up in the air whether the stadium gets finished before the season opener or not. How that plays out with the first home game or two, who knows. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see. 

If they haven't started yet there's no way it's ready by the start of the season. Read somewhere that they are rotating the field 90°  How is that going to work? Looking at Google maps it doesn't look like there is room to rotate the field. Is it goingnto be at the same site or somewhere else near the old field?

22 minutes ago, Undesignated2000 said:

If they haven't started yet there's no way it's ready by the start of the season. Read somewhere that they are rotating the field 90°  How is that going to work? Looking at Google maps it doesn't look like there is room to rotate the field. Is it goingnto be at the same site or somewhere else near the old field?

That’s correct. From what all I’ve gathered, the new stadium will be located at the same general area and should be situated at more of a 90 degree location from the original one. As far as them making it work alongside those streets that run thru there, your guess is about as good as mine. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, K1nG said:

Heard that once before. 6 or so coming back from state title defense. Alot of talented kids coming up on offense. Rock is reloading.

Rock  don't have the linebackers and the soph at QB gonna set Rock back. could  be a one hit wonder as far as the state title, but for sure Rock will win one  somewhere down the line before Cameron.

17 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

I hear Franklin expanded their seating, too. Also built a new fieldhouse or something so they can do an entrance like Yoe.

Hey, that's what I was told. By a Lions fan!

Google Map link below doesn't show any more additions than what Franklin has already done over the last several years. IMO, they have one of the nicer stadiums and set ups around for AAA. Only thing it looks like they really need is some additional visitors seating. They've got sufficient home seating, and the field house/weight room in the end zone. Not much better set up than that. 

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Franklin+High+School,+West+FM+1644,+Franklin,+TX//@31.0239101,-96.5009315,277m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m9!4m8!1m5!1m1!1s0x8645dc1a51e62fe3:0x9686ca88947423c0!2m2!1d-96.5036349!2d31.0223336!1m0!3e0

On 4/22/2018 at 4:09 PM, Tigers89 said:

That’s correct. From what all I’ve gathered, the new stadium will be located at the same general area and should be situated at more of a 90 degree location from the original one. As far as them making it work alongside those streets that run thru there, your guess is about as good as mine. 

Looking at Google Maps (below) it just doesn't look like there is any way that it will fit in the same space unless they plan on doing away with/relocating the softball field. Unless, they plan on moving it across Murray Avenue then it might fit there. No matter what they are planning on doing, unless they have started, I just don't see any way that they will have it ready to go for next season. 

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/rockdale+high+school//@30.6540404,-97.0152999,396m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

On 4/19/2018 at 12:42 PM, 88YoePride said:

Talked to a friend from Cameron and the JV DBs were Thomas Melton, Calvin Stewart, Billy Collier, and Rigo Valdez. Don't know anything about any of those kids either but was wondering which one you were referring to?

3 hours ago, Undesignated2000 said:

Google Map link below doesn't show any more additions than what Franklin has already done over the last several years. IMO, they have one of the nicer stadiums and set ups around for AAA. Only thing it looks like they really need is some additional visitors seating. They've got sufficient home seating, and the field house/weight room in the end zone. Not much better set up than that. 

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Franklin+High+School,+West+FM+1644,+Franklin,+TX//@31.0239101,-96.5009315,277m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m9!4m8!1m5!1m1!1s0x8645dc1a51e62fe3:0x9686ca88947423c0!2m2!1d-96.5036349!2d31.0223336!1m0!3e0

Franklin has a nice setup with the indoor facility and such, but seating is lacking.  McGregor had the nicest stadium in the district, IMO.  

2 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

Franklin has a nice setup with the indoor facility and such, but seating is lacking.  McGregor had the nicest stadium in the district, IMO.  

Looking at Google Maps it appears you are correct that McGregor has quite a nice set up with the feild house and all in the end zone just like Franklin and it does appear that they have a larger seating capacity on the visitors side than Franklin does. However, Franklin appears to have seatbacks on the home side with possibly more home side seating altogether. 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/McGregor+High+School/@31.4282554,-97.4036932,277m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x864f8a8ff169d0b9:0xa16af02811b0f50a!8m2!3d31.4267841!4d-97.4049192

I'm still interested in how Rockdale is going to fit their new stadium into the area they have and if so when they are going to start.