Tommy Brashear Promoted to AD/FB Coach at Yoe...

Smoaky

23 hours ago, Undesignated2000 said:

Looking at Google Maps it appears you are correct that McGregor has quite a nice set up with the feild house and all in the end zone just like Franklin and it does appear that they have a larger seating capacity on the visitors side than Franklin does. However, Franklin appears to have seatbacks on the home side with possibly more home side seating altogether. 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/McGregor+High+School/@31.4282554,-97.4036932,277m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x864f8a8ff169d0b9:0xa16af02811b0f50a!8m2!3d31.4267841!4d-97.4049192

I'm still interested in how Rockdale is going to fit their new stadium into the area they have and if so when they are going to start. 

Franklin does have seatbacks for about half of the home side and they have added more seating on the home and visitors side also adding on to fieldhouse and added more parking last year as well.... Now if we can just get our video screen to run replays lol.... If rockdale gets they new stadium i will make a trip to watch one of their games this season to check it out

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

Franklin does have seatbacks for about half of the home side and they have added more seating on the home and visitors side also adding on to fieldhouse and added more parking last year as well.... Now if we can just get our video screen to run replays lol.... If rockdale gets they new stadium i will make a trip to watch one of their games this season to check it out

Thanks for the information Lion Pride - So are those updates reflected on the Google Maps link I posted or has that been done since the Google photo was taken? 

• Like 1

Franklin has a top notch program.  Last year the Lions were one of the best fundamental tackling team I witnessed.  The Yoe coaching staff needs to emulate how fundamentals are taught over there.  When you play Franklin you always know you are going to get their best shot.  Their coaching staff gets the best out of the talent they have.  

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Undesignated2000 said:

Thanks for the information Lion Pride - So are those updates reflected on the Google Maps link I posted or has that been done since the Google photo was taken? 

Not sure but i will check it out and let you know but most likely not google maps hasn't updated in franklin in about 4 years

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Franklin has a top notch program.  Last year the Lions were one of the best fundamental tackling team I witnessed.  The Yoe coaching staff needs to emulate how fundamentals are taught over there.  When you play Franklin you always know you are going to get their best shot.  Their coaching staff gets the best out of the talent they have.  

And believe it or not i know some people who dont like our coaches because of the styles of offense and defense they run out of... But in my eyes dont fix whats not broke year in and year out with a young team or not they contend for a district title and i think franklin fans sometimes take a winning season for granted when we couldn't win a game in the 90's

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Undesignated2000 said:

Its has been updated but still missing some things like the add on to the field house and didnt realize that we dont have that many seated back seats on the home side on the visitor side used to be white rock now paved home side has big parking lot plus two smaller parking lots and the restrooms are some of the nicest i have seen at a smaller high school stadium... Even have like 8 small tables next to the home concession stands to sit down and eat if you wanted to

• Like 2

On 4/24/2018 at 7:59 AM, Undesignated2000 said:

Talked to a friend from Cameron and the JV DBs were Thomas Melton, Calvin Stewart, Billy Collier, and Rigo Valdez. Don't know anything about any of those kids either but was wondering which one you were referring to?

No offense, I'm not going to get that personal. But it was one of them.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

And believe it or not i know some people who dont like our coaches because of the styles of offense and defense they run out of... But in my eyes dont fix whats not broke year in and year out with a young team or not they contend for a district title and i think franklin fans sometimes take a winning season for granted when we couldn't win a game in the 90's

Winning district is great. When you're ready to really assault the next level, you have to start thinking about how to sustain your success through the playoffs. Franklin's offense, with their roster size, isn't ideal for that. Boys are beat up by the time playoffs start, if not outright injured. That offense is ripe for a trick play or two - flea-flicker, etc. Occasional surprise spread formation, just to rock the opposing D off their toes.

2 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Winning district is great. When you're ready to really assault the next level, you have to start thinking about how to sustain your success through the playoffs. Franklin's offense, with their roster size, isn't ideal for that. Boys are beat up by the time playoffs start, if not outright injured. That offense is ripe for a trick play or two - flea-flicker, etc. Occasional surprise spread formation, just to rock the opposing D off their toes.

I agree that we should mix sone spread in the offense to keep other teams on their toes and mix in some other types of passing... We have been passing more and more every year so it only a matter of time when we can run 60% and pass 40%

• Like 2

Same old same old on the defensive side of the ball.  Defense giving up the long ball.  Hearne Eagles ran by the Yoemen db's like they were standing still.  Hearne scored on every possesion.   Which started a fight between a few of the Yoemen playing defense.  Offense had 2 qb's throwing.  One stood out (he's about 6'4") but I doubt he'll get the nod come the fall.  The Junior varsity's qb has a better arm then the other kid that was playing with the varsity.  I know it's just 7 0n 7 and their first games but they have a long ways to go.  A side note the Hearne Eagles look like they may make some noise in their up coming games.  They also defeated the La Vega Pirates.  La Vega in turn shut out the Yoemen.  Next weekend is in Robinson a state qualifier tournament.  As Yoe fans we can only hope we see improvement.

5 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Offense had 2 qb's throwing.  One stood out (he's about 6'4") but I doubt he'll get the nod come the fall.  The Junior varsity's qb has a better arm then the other kid that was playing with the varsity. 

Took me a minute to understand what you said there. At first, I thought you were saying that the 2nd one had a better arm than the 6'4" QB that stood out, but then realized the JV kid you were talking about was a third QB.  What classification will the two they used on the varsity be? Which QB started, the 6'4" one or the other one? DId one lead the team with more scores than the other one? Did they get to play with the same receiving corp or was one playing with a different (i.e. less talented) group of receivers? Why is it you think the one that stood out wouldn't get the nod come fall? 

On 4/24/2018 at 7:50 AM, Undesignated2000 said:

Google Map link below doesn't show any more additions than what Franklin has already done over the last several years. IMO, they have one of the nicer stadiums and set ups around for AAA. Only thing it looks like they really need is some additional visitors seating. They've got sufficient home seating, and the field house/weight room in the end zone. Not much better set up than that. 

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Franklin+High+School,+West+FM+1644,+Franklin,+TX//@31.0239101,-96.5009315,277m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m9!4m8!1m5!1m1!1s0x8645dc1a51e62fe3:0x9686ca88947423c0!2m2!1d-96.5036349!2d31.0223336!1m0!3e0

Goin to put up some picture's

On 4/23/2018 at 2:33 PM, 88YoePride said:

I hear Franklin expanded their seating, too. Also built a new fieldhouse or something so they can do an entrance like Yoe.

Hey, that's what I was told. By a Lions fan!

I think the way the yoe enters the field is one of the best at the high school level

• Like 1