Tommy Brashear Promoted to AD/FB Coach at Yoe...

Smoaky

21 hours ago, Yoemen700 said:

So true.   Hopefully there will be some adjustments come Friday or before the Mexia game.

I really don't expect any kind of changes line up wise.  If it mirrors like last season, what Brashear sends out on the field game one is pretty much going to stay the same season long unless there is an injury.   

On 8/20/2018 at 9:53 AM, yoenation79 said:

Layne has earned the opportunity to run the first team offense against Madisonville Thursday night.  Brashear's son I'm sure is mentally ready to start but physically he's at least a year away.   I have a feeling the HC Brashear is getting some pressure from mama to get her son on the field.   The real test for the offensive line is on the short yardage situations.  Last year there was no movement at all.  I'm  still on the fence with the running back situation.  Defensively we're most likely going to see the same old same old.  Secondary out of position getting beat on the deep passes.  Arm tackling and grabbing for the ball etc.  Same fundamentals as usual with our DC.   Haven't seen much from the special teams yet but we're hopeful there will be improvements there.   Getting back to the offensive line our new OC is coaching those kids maybe he's getting the fundamentals of blocking on short yardage taught to them.  

All I can say is, I agree, and I hope you're right.

The other issue is, getting Yoe Nation to make the drive and SHOW UP, and BE LOUD.