Tommy Brashear Promoted to AD/FB Coach at Yoe...

Smoaky

RUMOR from the inside is that there isn't a lot of discipline in the program. I've also heard things about the coaches who have left versus the coaches who have been brought in.

Randy Sapp is a hometown boy, too, and they tried to run him out on the rails with a WAY better record.

13 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

RUMOR from the inside is that there isn't a lot of discipline in the program. I've also heard things about the coaches who have left versus the coaches who have been brought in.

Randy Sapp is a hometown boy, too, and they tried to run him out on the rails with a WAY better record.

I understand Sapp had a few complex issues pertaining to his AD job performance, it was not really a football issue in total. You right though the folks in Yoe Land were after him.

I say he got two  more years. May be wrong he may bail on his own. Stress will do  terrible  things to you and your family.

23 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

100% correct you only thing you missed is the favoritism.

19 hours ago, highschoolfootball99 said:

With this talk that means Tommy is out in Yoe land?

Coach Tommy ain't going no where. The Sup and the board  hired him and  they  darn sure ain't gonna fire him because it would make them look stupid for the hire in the first place. He and family may choose a reassignment but it has to be on his terms.  Coach Tommy got a rough off season, he got to clean up his staff or next season the Sup may throw him under the bus. As I understand some of the board already has. You got to remember before Rhoades  Yoe Land was use to mediocre, Sapp was fairly impressive, but never got the ring. Yoe Land has to go back to the great Toby York  to find elite. 

• Like 1

Cameron for the most part has had great talent almost every year but it took the likes of York, Rhoades and Sapp (to some degree) to take the teams from good to great.

Pre - season number one doesn't guarantee a state title but it should guarantee more than 4-7 season! Plain and simple: It can only be the coaching that was the issue this season. Looking back, when I think of the coaches that were passed up to promote the DC two years ago, it is discouraging that the SB homer-ism got in the way of good judgment.

If Coach sticks around, he has to shake things up on his staff and bring discipline back to the ranks or this thing could get even uglier. 

3 hours ago, YoeHigh said:

Cameron for the most part has had great talent almost every year but it took the likes of York, Rhoades and Sapp (to some degree) to take the teams from good to great.

Pre - season number one doesn't guarantee a state title but it should guarantee more than 4-7 season! Plain and simple: It can only be the coaching that was the issue this season. Looking back, when I think of the coaches that were passed up to promote the DC two years ago, it is discouraging that the SB homer-ism got in the way of good judgment.

If Coach sticks around, he has to shake things up on his staff and bring discipline back to the ranks or this thing could get even uglier. 

Makes sense. a UNFAIR hiring process by the board and sup did not do justice for all the Yoe supporters. A small group pf people influenced the hiring process and did their best to slander other coaches that applied. Unfortunately some folks drank the koolade.  Now they got a mess. Good luck in Yoe Land. It don't mean nothing if you don't win the ring especially when you are one of the biggest schools in your division.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

Makes sense. a UNFAIR hiring process by the board and sup did not do justice for all the Yoe supporters. A small group pf people influenced the hiring process and did their best to slander other coaches that applied. Unfortunately some folks drank the koolade.  Now they got a mess. Good luck in Yoe Land. It don't mean nothing if you don't win the ring especially when you are one of the biggest schools in your division.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:08 AM, YoeHigh said:

Here at Teague we had an unorthodox way we hired Coach O but at least it paid off for us maybe not with SC but best 3-4 year span in school history.....wish yall luck.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:13 AM, bulldogs99 said:

Coach Tommy ain't going no where. The Sup and the board  hired him and  they  darn sure ain't gonna fire him because it would make them look stupid for the hire in the first place. He and family may choose a reassignment but it has to be on his terms.  Coach Tommy got a rough off season, he got to clean up his staff or next season the Sup may throw him under the bus. As I understand some of the board already has. You got to remember before Rhoades  Yoe Land was use to mediocre, Sapp was fairly impressive, but never got the ring. Yoe Land has to go back to the great Toby York  to find elite. 

he may not be going anywhere but he may not be the head coach either, coach York was my coach in high school he took us from good to great, the guy I would like to see there now is very comparable and has done the same, and the "one who got passed up" last year also has done the same.

40 minutes ago, CameronYOE said:

he may not be going anywhere but he may not be the head coach either, coach York was my coach in high school he took us from good to great, the guy I would like to see there now is very comparable and has done the same, and the "one who got passed up" last year also has done the same.

Good Quote. There may be something going down at Yoe not sure. You certainly might be right. I hear there is a bit of criticism of  Coach  Tommy  within the community. Rumor is some players and their families are feeling it ain't worth playing next season under this staff.  If I was a betting man I say he will stay put.  But  you can't blame the players every year, the community and parents get tired of that.   People get tired of hearing you are the best 4th place in the district and then get humiliated by Teauge. Hey if Miller leaves the Rock for greener pastures, maybe they will hire Coach Tommy. Merry Christmas to all.

• Like 1

Seeing the comments on this thread are no surprise.  Cameron is a passionate football community that does not accept losing. Two coaches did that better than most....York (76-11) and Rhoades (82-17).  Yes, Rhoades played in 5 state championships in his 7 years and still did not have the best winning percentage.

Good coaches are going to win football games in Cameron.  I am not going to sit here and point fingers but I will say the expectations were very high headed into this season.  I noticed the usual "the talent may not be there" post that you generally see in these topics.  Was this team as talented as 2010 or 2012....No.  But, as it was also mentioned in this thread, there was no way I ever saw a 4-7 season.  There was a good crop of seniors on this year's team and though there will be talent coming up, it remains to be seen if this team will be improved or just continue to slide downhill, just as the entire 2017 season.