Tommy Brashear Promoted to AD/FB Coach at Yoe...

Smoaky

10 hours ago, sackem said:

Is not Yoe moving up to CONFERENCE 4A DIVISION 2? 

WHAT DISTRICT will Yoe move into?

All this talk about soccer I was wondering about golf. with a strong Country Club Crowd in control, Yoe must have a strong golf team. How far did Yoe go last year in golf in 3AD1?

YOE will have some strong competition from Shill in 4A. in golf.

Like that Quote Yoe is a golf power!

On Friday, January 12, 2018 at 10:09 AM, bulldogs99 said:

Like that Quote Yoe is a golf power!

The golf coach is the special team coach on Brashear's staff.  He is also a hometown boy.  Since he has taken over that group they have been terrible on all coverages.  All areas have suffered the past couple of years.  The fundamentals are just not there. 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2018 at 9:17 AM, highschoolfootball99 said:

You do realize Traion wasn't even on rhoades first state title team....i sure hope as a yoe fan you know this

I'm guessing you're one of those guys who thinks Montana was a better QB than Marino just because Montana won SuperBowl rings.

On 1/15/2018 at 1:11 PM, stjamesgate said:

Being from a place is no guarantee of job stability.  Sometimes your hometown "friends" will be the first to turn on you.  Might help a couple of years but after that it's all fair game. 

One more bad year at Yoe for Coach Tommy, he gonna have to have  to grow thicker skin.  he protected by the Sup and the board as of  now, they accept mediocrity   pretty well. I would predict the Yoe fan base will put up with 5 years of being middle of the road caliber Football team. Could be longer if they become a soccer and golf power!

16 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

One more bad year at Yoe for Coach Tommy, he gonna have to have  to grow thicker skin.  he protected by the Sup and the board as of  now, they accept mediocrity   pretty well. I would predict the Yoe fan base will put up with 5 years of being middle of the road caliber Football team. Could be longer if they become a soccer and golf power!

Yoe fan base will not tolerate another year after this upcoming 2018 season.  Especially this mess that Brashear calls football.  2018 is his final year of his contract.  My opinion is if he does not turn it around in 2018, his contract will not be renewed.  When that time comes it will be an entertaining school board meeting.

1 hour ago, yoenation79 said:

Yoe fan base will not tolerate another year after this upcoming 2018 season.  Especially this mess that Brashear calls football.  2018 is his final year of his contract.  My opinion is if he does not turn it around in 2018, his contract will not be renewed.  When that time comes it will be an entertaining school board meeting.

Coach Tommy will win just enough games to get the contract renewed and the fan base will  suffer. Vegas odds say the Rock is more likely to win another State title  than Yoe. 

The program suffers long term for a favoritism based hire. Don't blame Coach Tommy  anyone would have taken the money, blame the board and Sup. The Sup picked  the next coach and the board voted him up or down. Some board members are already throwing the Sup and Coach Tommy under the bus, it only gets worse.  Nation 79 you might be right they may hold that principal position available for the end of next season. Good luck Yoe Nation, but it got to feel miserable knowing  that you had enough material to make a serious run at the State title the last two seasons, but  just could not get it done.  Rock certainly appreciates the hire.

20 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

I'm guessing you're one of those guys who thinks Montana was a better QB than Marino just because Montana won SuperBowl rings.

That is a tough one.....Montana had tremendous help but Marino basically had nobody......I would go with Marino for sure on who is better in the head to head match up.........Ive had Manning (Payton) as my number 1 just because he transcended the game at that position but I believe most experts will have TB12 as the greatest ever and if he wins again this season there wouldn't be much of a argument if he wins super bowls in his 40s. TB12 has also be lucky enough to have one of the greatest coaches of all time as well so that goes into consideration.

• Like 1

Only problem Yoe fans have is that Brashear has a son that is just a junior.  He was the jv's qb last season.  Most likely the backup qb this coming season.  That could mean the board may give him an year extension so he can coach his son his senior year.  Yoe fans may have to tolerate inept coaching for 2 more years.  The coaches in the district have big Ole smiles on their faces knowing this.

33 minutes ago, yoenation79 said:

Only problem Yoe fans have is that Brashear has a son that is just a junior.  He was the jv's qb last season.  Most likely the backup qb this coming season.  That could mean the board may give him an year extension so he can coach his son his senior year.  Yoe fans may have to tolerate inept coaching for 2 more years.  The coaches in the district have big Ole smiles on their faces knowing this.

Gonna be a total of 5 years. Yoe fans will be worn out with early playoff exits. Odds are Coach Tommy will  say good bye with the likely jump to a higher classification for Yoe.

Still say Rock has a better chance of winning a State title in the coming years than Yoe.  It is sad Nation but your Sup and Board blew your chances.  Rumor in the Central Tx gossip arena is his son is a lock to start.  If Franklin and McGregor stays in district Yoe will finish  3rd or 4th in district and bow out early in the playoffs. That is enough to keep you around in the Nation. I just wonder if Coach Tommy can ever beat Rockdale in Football or just lose without getting humiliated.

56 minutes ago, TheYoeYoe said:

Lol nobody calls Cameron the “Nation” except for the guys on here. Sounds funny.

Nobody.  I guess you never remembered the Yoe dogs.  There were fans in the stands wearing hats with dog ears.  Barking the night away.  Yoe nation was painted on allot of city windows and signs thru the years. 

1 hour ago, Yoe09 said:

In terms of contracts, I believe the AD position was for 2 years, but is rolled over every February.  That means essentially extension every February.  

If that is the case the contract talk should come up in a public setting for discussion. Or is this behind closed doors and discussed privately between the board members?   Board members re-election aspersions may hinge on this decision.

1 hour ago, yoenation79 said:

If that is the case the contract talk should come up in a public setting for discussion. Or is this behind closed doors and discussed privately between the board members?   Board members re-election aspersions may hinge on this decision.

All personnel decisions are made in closed session. 

20 hours ago, TheYoeYoe said:

Lol nobody calls Cameron the “Nation” except for the guys on here. Sounds funny.

The one and only Yoe Nation when Rhoades was racking up those titles-------Some folks IN Central Tx   wondered  if YOE EVEN PLAYED FOOTBALL THIS SEASON. Heard no bragging. LOL

1 hour ago, bulldogs99 said:

The one and only Yoe Nation when Rhoades was racking up those titles-------Some folks IN Central Tx   wondered  if YOE EVEN PLAYED FOOTBALL THIS SEASON. Heard no bragging. LOL

You are not going to hear any bragging.  That was not even close to the  football us Yoe fans are use to seeing.  Damn shame. 

In terms of the board meeting, I am told that constituents are allowed to speak before the meeting actually begins.  Discussions are done in closed session but the actual vote must take place in open session.  That will happen at the end of the meeting.  

4 hours ago, EricBalch said:

To Yoenation79- 

If you have any serious questions or opinions please come to the field house and we can visit. I am there from 6:00am to 6:00 pm most days. Otherwise keep them to yourself 

Thanks

My nearly 80 years here on this earth gives me every right to express my opinions.  The comments  given on this topic evidently have struck a nerve.   It's good to know you're there at the field house from 6 to 6.  Remember it's not the quantity of the time but the quality of that time you're spending there.  Good luck.  Go Yoe!

On 1/19/2018 at 11:36 PM, Yoe09 said:

In terms of the board meeting, I am told that constituents are allowed to speak before the meeting actually begins.  Discussions are done in closed session but the actual vote must take place in open session.  That will happen at the end of the meeting.  

Most parents in school systems in small communities who know what is going inside the program shy away from public comments for fear of retaliation against their child by administration or coaches.   Most of the time the programs just lose participation.  from the athletes.  The program becomes middle of the road, no longer elite. Everyone is watching the Cameron  program  to see where it ends.  The Rogers program had turmoil years ago with coaches going after fans and board members could Cameron be next?