Tommy Brashear Promoted to AD/FB Coach at Yoe...

Smoaky

7 minutes ago, bulldogs99 said:

Most parents in school systems in small communities who know what is going inside the program shy away from public comments for fear of retaliation against their child by administration or coaches.   Most of the time the programs just lose participation.  from the athletes.  The program becomes middle of the road, no longer elite. Everyone is watching the Cameron  program  to see where it ends.  The Rogers program had turmoil years ago with coaches going after fans and board members could Cameron be next? 

Well, you just had a coach call out somebody on a public message board,. And even though the comments were not confrontational, that is probably not the best way to handle public scrutiny. Most coaches have really thick skin, it is necessary to survive in the business. Also, it is definitely not a good look for somebody who is applying for head coaching jobs.

38 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Well, you just had a coach call out somebody on a public message board,. And even though the comments were not confrontational, that is probably not the best way to handle public scrutiny. Most coaches have really thick skin, it is necessary to survive in the business. Also, it is definitely not a good look for somebody who is applying for head coaching jobs.

Well, at least we know now that coaches look at these boards. 

2 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

I respect your opinion brought forward in your quote. . You have to be able to handle public  criticism and praise in stride  if you are in the business. You let your results on  the track, court or field speak for themselves. Coach Tommy and staff with one of the largest enrollments within  their classification will have the opportunity to shut all the  negative  talk down  by just putting  competitive teams  in all sports  on the track, court and field. Good luck Yoe . Centex is watching.

6 minutes ago, bulldogs99 said:

I respect your opinion brought forward in your quote. . You have to be able to handle public  criticism and praise in stride  if you are in the business. You let your results on  the track, court or field speak for themselves. Coach Tommy and staff with one of the largest enrollments within  their classification will have the opportunity to shut all the  negative  talk down  by just putting  competitive teams  in all sports  on the track, court and field. Good luck Yoe . Centex is watching.

You are absolutely correct with your comment.  For this staff to survive we the Yoe fans need some results.  With one of the top 3 schools in 3a d1 enrollment and the base of excellence Rhoades and even some prior staffs have established, there should be no excuses.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WingTright said:

I think this hire will put YOE back in the spotlight very shortly. The system is in place, just keep the train on the tracks. 

Yes, the system has been in place for years now.  What degrades the system are the lack of fundamentals and not putting your players in the RIGHT position for success.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:10 PM, EricBalch said:

To Yoenation79- 

If you have any serious questions or opinions please come to the field house and we can visit. I am there from 6:00am to 6:00 pm most days. Otherwise keep them to yourself 

Thanks

There is not a worse look on the face of the earth than a coach who gets on a message board to defend his honor. Almost as bad at Trump defending himself on twitter!

23 hours ago, scatright said:

There is not a worse look on the face of the earth than a coach who gets on a message board to defend his honor. Almost as bad at Trump defending himself on twitter!

He's a young man and still learning about the scrunity you get with the coaching profession.  We old timers know the older you get the tougher your skin gets.  There is nothing worse then coming back to you home town and not meeting the expectations of the fan base.  If this staff survives I do wish them the best.  Winning cures all ill feelings.  

39 minutes ago, yoenation79 said:

He's a young man and still learning about the scrunity you get with the coaching profession.  We old timers know the older you get the tougher your skin gets.  There is nothing worse then coming back to you home town and not meeting the expectations of the fan base.  If this staff survives I do wish them the best.  Winning cures all ill feelings.  

You're right 79, winning cures a lot of ills. I hope for their sake that it gets turned around. I've heard they're good people. 

My main concern is that the student participation in Yoe football/athletics will stay strong during this period. As long as that happens there's always hope. 

• Like 1

Just got thru reading the Kirbyville head coaching hire thread.  They posted the applicants.  Never have heard of such thing.  Back in 2016 I would of loved to have seen the the applicants for the Yoe HC/AD position.  I had heard there was some nicely qualified names on that list.  

8 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

Just got thru reading the Kirbyville head coaching hire thread.  They posted the applicants.  Never have heard of such thing.  Back in 2016 I would of loved to have seen the the applicants for the Yoe HC/AD position.  I had heard there was some nicely qualified names on that list.  

Public records 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Coach0001 said:

Public records 

I heard  that it i was not so easy to get the names of coaches whom applied in Cameron. It was a hush hush process, with fewer applicants than normal  for Cameron coaching searches.

Under public records I thought you could get the salaries of the Sup--HC/AD and others who are hired by the ISD.  Not sure how public records apply to coaching applicants for  ISD  Vacancies such as HC/AD.   Please  explain how the public records  request process works. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4to3 said:

Thanks for the info. Cameron fan base could have forced  the Cameron ISD Sup  hand if they had a true intent to see the applicant names for the Yoe AD/HC vacancy.  Or  at least forced a yes or no position. The  fan base could have then made a decision how to proceed.  Now you know Yoe fan base thanks to Kirbyville.  Get ready Yoe fans you may have another chance in a few years.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2018 at 6:27 PM, yoenation79 said:

I wonder if this can be used regarding the notes taken behind closed doors when the board discusses contract extensions for HC/AD's.

February Board meeting coming up for Cameron ISD. What are the odds Coach Tommy gets a extension. I say pretty high odds pointing toward yes. .What you think Yoe fans?

3 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

February Board meeting coming up for Cameron ISD. What are the odds Coach Tommy gets a extension. I say pretty high odds pointing toward yes. .What you think Yoe fans?

He will get an extension for 2018.  If this staff has the same results as 2017 there will not be a 2019 season for them.  Brashear and staff especially needs a victory over rival Rockdale or at least keep them from scoring over 50.  Rockdale fans love the fact that Brashear and staff will be around for another season.

1 hour ago, Undesignated2000 said:

When is the meeting? 

It will not matter. The Sup and the board will cover for him.  Coach Tommy a five year at least man.  He will be OK, the UIL  realignment  makes Cameron look like they are playing in a Junior Varsity District.