Tommy Brashear Promoted to AD/FB Coach at Yoe...

Smoaky

20 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

I disagree.  This community and the high school lives and breathe football everything else just falls in line.  There has been a decline in the basics of fundamentals in how the game of football is to be played since he and his staff have taken over.  Looks like the Sup and board members have painted themself into a corner.  There too many local ties for them not to give him an extension.  Hopefully we will see a change this upcoming season.   There are just to many question than answers for 2018. 

Well stated. You may be own to something that is the real reality in Yoe Land. 

3 hours ago, bulldogs99 said:

Yoe never know  in  Yoe land. The guy they want turned them down twice already. My money is outside, but the junior high coach is lurking in the weeds. Yoe will do better  within the district this season. Non-district may be difficult as well as the playoffs.  Got to remember it took Miller of the Rock years to win a title.  Miller hung around as a head man long enough to get it done. Miller is the top rated coach in the district after the Franklin Lion coach departed.Coach Tommy may be able to  hang around in Cameron for 12 years or so and win Yoe a title. All just a opinion of course, it all may blow up next season and the reassignment to principal may take place, Yoe fans just have to wait and see.

So for those of us farther away from the situation... who turned it down twice and who is the JH coach you think might be the OC in waiting?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Undesignated2000 said:

So for those of us farther away from the situation... who turned it down twice and who is the JH coach you think might be the OC in waiting?

Heard OC candidate was Waco Tx guy. Just rumor you know. Guess you have to ask DC or Coach Tommy to know for sure.  I am sure a couple of folks on the board knows for sure.

Former Yoe OC Lupe Florez under Rhoades is now the head coach at 6a Clear Brooks.  Flores has been at Bay City the last 3 years.  A  very good coach from the Rhoades coaching tree.  Yoe fans are going to see a promotion from within for the  vacant OC job.   It's going to get to the point where good outside candidates for openings are not going to even apply.   The downfall will continue. 

• Sad 1

On 2/26/2018 at 11:02 PM, yoenation79 said:

Former Yoe OC Lupe Florez under Rhoades is now the head coach at 6a Clear Brooks.  Flores has been at Bay City the last 3 years.  A  very good coach from the Rhoades coaching tree.  Yoe fans are going to see a promotion from within for the  vacant OC job.   It's going to get to the point where good outside candidates for openings are not going to even apply.   The downfall will continue. 

Yep. May happen. What is the word on DC? Belton  or Gatesville ISD bound? A junior high staff will get them thru that easy district sked. 

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:46 AM, bulldogs99 said:

Yoe never know  in  Yoe land. The guy they want turned them down twice already. My money is outside, but the junior high coach is lurking in the weeds. Yoe will do better  within the district this season. Non-district may be difficult as well as the playoffs.  Got to remember it took Miller of the Rock years to win a title.  Miller hung around as a head man long enough to get it done. Miller is the top rated coach in the district after the Franklin Lion coach departed.Coach Tommy may be able to  hang around in Cameron for 12 years or so and win Yoe a title. All just a opinion of course, it all may blow up next season and the reassignment to principal may take place, Yoe fans just have to wait and see.

Coach Hedrick left Franklin????????????????????????

3 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

What's the latest on the OC opening?  Rumor is there is another former Yoemen wants to come back.  No word on Miller over in Rockdale.  Heard he wants to get back down in the Houston/Cypress area. That is his old home town.  

Miller stays with the Rock. 2 more years for daughter in high school. OC in Cameron anybody's guess. Maybe top quality don't want to come to Cameron, because they scared of a house cleaning down the road and they get caught up in it. Hey in that weak district, if Yoe can't get 1st or 2nd there is sure something wrong. Weak district  will make Yoe look good, if they are in  physical shape to play. Questions surrounding their dedication to the weight room is swirling around. Who knows maybe Troy finally breaks  out against Yoe.

On 3/7/2018 at 11:02 AM, bulldogs99 said:

Miller stays with the Rock. 2 more years for daughter in high school. OC in Cameron anybody's guess. Maybe top quality don't want to come to Cameron, because they scared of a house cleaning down the road and they get caught up in it. Hey in that weak district, if Yoe can't get 1st or 2nd there is sure something wrong. Weak district  will make Yoe look good, if they are in  physical shape to play. Questions surrounding their dedication to the weight room is swirling around. Who knows maybe Troy finally breaks  out against Yoe.

Like I said before, I also hear very consistent rumors from inside the school about a severe lack of discipline (players not taking practice/workouts seriously, openly calling coaches "b*tch" to their faces)...

On 3/7/2018 at 7:06 AM, highschoolfootball99 said:

I think he would of already left if he was going to leave.

Normally I'd agree, but I have seen a lot of changes happening with jobs throughout the State recently. However, if I had to bet my savings on it I'd bet he stays two more years like the other poster said if it is true he has a daughter in HS. 

On 3/7/2018 at 11:02 AM, bulldogs99 said:

Maybe top quality don't want to come to Cameron, because they scared of a house cleaning down the road and they get caught up in it.

I would say that (1) a top quality OC has enough confidence in himself that he isn't worried about a team he is coaching not performing well,  (2) a top quality guy might only plan on being there a year or two and then using it to springboard to an AD/HC job of their own like the last three Yoe OCs (Smith, Florez, and Vargas) have done, and (3) coaches are typically pretty nomadic and move frequently anyhow 

8 hours ago, Undesignated2000 said:

I would say that (1) a top quality OC has enough confidence in himself that he isn't worried about a team he is coaching not performing well,  (2) a top quality guy might only plan on being there a year or two and then using it to springboard to an AD/HC job of their own like the last three Yoe OCs (Smith, Florez, and Vargas) have done, and (3) coaches are typically pretty nomadic and move frequently anyhow 

"Coaches are typically pretty nomadic and move frequently "

To stay around Cameron you have to produce wins.  You cannot lose to Rockdale 2 years in a row by an average of 67 points and expect to hang around long. A third lost would mean one of two things a change at the top or the DC has to go.  2018 schedule is conducive for a winning record.  Probably the weakest schedule the Yoemen has had in decades.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Undesignated2000 said:

You probably right about a top rated OC  having confidence in himself, but most smart confident  people do not place themselves in bad spots.. Cameron fans   may find out  their home town is not the destination of choice for many, just have to wait and see. 

Rhoades is not around to insure the deep playoff runs. 

By the way Cameron it is taking longer to hire the OC than it did the head coach, maybe that is a good thing.

Coach Tommy and staff should be extremely happy with that district sked. The UIL did them a big favor until the playoffs.

5 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

"Coaches are typically pretty nomadic and move frequently "

To stay around Cameron you have to produce wins.  You cannot lose to Rockdale 2 years in a row by an average of 67 points and expect to hang around long. A third lost would mean one of two things a change at the top or the DC has to go.  2018 schedule is conducive for a winning record.  Probably the weakest schedule the Yoemen has had in decades.  

We're talking about OC, not DC... you might be right on that one. But isn't he another maroon and gray guy???

1 hour ago, Undesignated2000 said:

We're talking about OC, not DC... you might be right on that one. But isn't he another maroon and gray guy???

The Yoemen have Rockdale in Cameron for the second year in a row.  My opinion is if we lose 3 in a row to the Tigers there  needs to be a  hard look at the DC if not at the HC.  Yoe fans have experienced the 2 worst losses EVER in this rivalry.  Yes the DC is another maroon and gray guy.

On Saturday, March 10, 2018 at 6:55 AM, Undesignated2000 said:

I guess it depends in the score... lose 3-0 I couldn't fault the DC.  Give up 50+ again? Cast all the stones you want. 

If the Yoemen lose 3 in a row to Rockdale, it doesn't matter if it's 3 zip or 50 zip it's still a loss to the Tigers.  If that happens something definitely needs to happen at the top.  Yoe fans can only tolerate so much.