Frankston Open Again

tdJesus

Not surprised based on the district realignment for next year. Travel will be a challenge ànd just don't really think he wanted to deal with it all. And Frankston football needs a little money invested in it to keep up at the level they are currently on.

Wow.....

Not questioning Coach Owens status as a coach. He is one of the good ones in the state. Frankston deserves better than a revolving door. Need consistency in a program to build it up. Need someone who will stay and not jump ship after 1-2 seasons.

Hasn't been a revolving door in recent history. Wells 4 years then Nally (Wells OC) for three years. There has been some stability within that program, but before Nally's last year the basketball coach was the AD for more than a decade and the town is a basketball town. Could be a good place but the AD will have to be all sport friendly because just being a football guy is gonna get you ran out of that town.

I drive through Frankston some and it looks like a good town to be in so that is attractive. Could be a good place if you find a good younger coach that is willing to stick around. The school needs a Coach Nally, which in my opinion is the best coach they have had, to come and relate with kids and that will bring some stability and some energy to that program. Frankston could be a good football spot but not a great football spot...thump thump thump

Frankston IS a great small town. I graduated there and there are a lot of good people and they have very nice small school facilities. Need to upgrade the football stadium though. I pull for them always being that it is my hometown. However if its true that they had a separate committee to hire a basketball coach that is disappointing. I'm sure the new coach is excellent but that's not the point. This is not the way that people that do things right do them. Like I said its my hometown and I still have parents that live there and pay school taxes and I wish them the best.

Frankston IS a great small town. I graduated there and there are a lot of good people and they have very nice small school facilities. Need to upgrade the football stadium though. I pull for them always being that it is my hometown. However if its true that they had a separate committee to hire a basketball coach that is disappointing. I'm sure the new coach is excellent but that's not the point. This is not the way that people that do things right do them. Like I said its my hometown and I still have parents that live there and pay school taxes and I wish them the best.

I too, noticed this. New AD will have no control in that and that does likely pose a problem. They will either get a very weak, or a very flexible AD doing that.