R.I.P. Prince

KarnackKing

^^^Correction. It IS the best Super Bowl Halftime Show performance ever. Prince is/was a classic. I always wanted to catch one of his shows. Had a chance when I was in college and he came to the Erwin Center in Austin but I had a project due the next day so I did not go. That would have been in 1984/85. Great memories.

• Like 1

The man could play the guitar. Someone asked Clapton how it felt being the greatest guitar player in the world. Clapton told him to go ask Prince.

I heard another comment about that suggesting Clapton was joking ....

^ he was very successful and talented ... most of his music was just not my cup of tea ....

I agree completely; Clearly, he was a gifted musician, entertainer & showman, much like Michael Jackson; & like Michael Jackson's body of work, I enjoyed some of it but not everything he did. R.I.P. Prince

I think i read that he had the flu and his religion does not allow him to take meds.

He sure bought a lot of them, and I have a feeling that he OD'd after reading some of the articles. I hate to hear that if it comes out to be true. Some of these doctors over-prescribe medicine, just like with Elvis and Michael Jackson.

I enjoyed his music because he never sold out to the powers that be.........plus it was actually good......

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/04/21/10-songs-didnt-know-written-prince/

I never realized how talented he was on the guitar, until his later years. I think if he had wanted to he could have fit in any genre, except maybe Country. I wouldn't put it past him if he could.

I always liked Prince, and can't believe he died so young. The only thing I didn't like about him was when he changed his name to the symbol thing. He was very protective of his music, and it's hard to find a song of his on YouTube. I'm sure this will be taken down soon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XMgtqS2clw .

Like I said, Prince and now his estate are extremely protective of his music, and it's already down.

maybe ... I can sure put together a pretty good list of better ones

You haven't seen his performances to make a judgement. Even Jimi Hendrix would be proud of his guitar work in this song :

. I've seen other performances that blow this away. His performance on SNL was legendary, but just as Prince is protective, SNL is too. At least you can find old SNL episodes on Hulu, but they take them down quick on YouTube.
  • Like 1