Why No Instrumental Music in the churches of Christ

RETIREDFAN1

The one next to Grandpa Jones singing bass is Tennessee Ernie Ford ...

I should have listened to the introduction at the start. Merle Travis was the first one on the left. The Good Lord enjoyed their rendition, I don't care what Colmesneil says.

I am saying only what God said.........Ephesians 5:19 and Colossians 3:16........

Then you are still ignoring the earlier verses that I quoted.

I am not going to get too much more into this, but the Church of Christ has some pretty contradictary teachings if you are looking at the word of God as compared to their beliefs...

Then you are still ignoring the earlier verses that I quoted.

I am not going to get too much more into this, but the Church of Christ has some pretty contradictary teachings if you are looking at the word of God as compared to their beliefs...

I didn't ignore it, I responded to it on page 1....

Nothing that those of us who are the Lords Church practice and believe is contradictory to anything in the Word of God......

The Holy Spirit let me know that it was good and wholesome, thus pleasing to God.

You must not have read the lesson on how the Holy Spirit works on us today......through the Word, and the Word has not a single instrument mentioned in use for New Testament worship........

• Like 1

You must not have read the lesson on how the Holy Spirit works on us today......through the Word, and the Word has not a single instrument mentioned in use for New Testament worship........

The Holy Spirit/Ghost has always worked the same. He does not change. If you haven't been filled by His Spirit, and heard His still small voice then you haven't received the gift of the Holy Ghost. 2 Corinthians 2:9-16 : 9. "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things God hath prepared for them that love Him." 10 " But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God." 11 "For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him ? even so the thing of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God." 12 "Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God." 13 "Which thins also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual." 14 "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerened." 15 "But he that is spiritual judgeth all thing, yet he himself is judged of no man." 16. "For who hat known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct Him ? But we have the mind of Christ."

Sort of blows the judge least ye be judged out of the water, if you're in tune with the Spirit as well.

I haven't heard anyone respond to Colmes about why they don't still offer animal sacrifices since the bible (OT) commands it...

Don't hold your breath waiting........they refuse to rightly handle God's Word.......

I don't think anybody is buying your Snake Oil .....

I prefer to be in the minority that has found the straight and narrow way...........

Matthew 7:13-14English Standard Version (ESV)

13 “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy[a] that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

I prefer to be in the minority that has found the straight and narrow way...........

Matthew 7:13-14English Standard Version (ESV)

13 “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy[a] that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

You are in the minority alright ...

The rest of us will rightly interpret God's Word without your radical distortions that it doesn't teach .... concerning baptism, musical instruments and voting .....

You are in the minority alright ...

The rest of us will rightly interpret God's Word without your radical distortions that it doesn't teach .... concerning baptism, musical instruments and voting .....

You will find out, sadly........

I am guided by the Holy Spirit and the Word of God. I am secure in my beliefs ....

You are under that delusion, anyway........

2 Thessalonians 2:1-12English Standard Version (ESV)

2 Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers,[a] 2 not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. 3 Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,[c] 4 who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And you know what is restraining him now so that he may be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work. Only he who now restrains it will do so until he is out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will kill with the breath of his mouth and bring to nothing by the appearance of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders, 10 and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, 12 in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

You are under that delusion, anyway........

2 Thessalonians 2:1-12English Standard Version (ESV)

2 Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers,[a] 2 not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. 3 Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,[c] 4 who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And you know what is restraining him now so that he may be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work. Only he who now restrains it will do so until he is out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will kill with the breath of his mouth and bring to nothing by the appearance of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders, 10 and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, 12 in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

I'm under no delusion, I follow the Word of God, without your false doctrine interpretations ....