What is going on at Spring Hill

TexasSt

I have saw more than a couple of jobs come open on the THSCA job board. The tennis coach has done a great job there, did she retire? Also heard the athletes in an uproar because two coaches was let go that been there for ever.

All the coaches let go are really great people and didn't do anything wrong, just changing and moving forward in the best interests of the kids and respective programs.

So letting the girls basketball coach go after overachieving in a killer district is in the best interest of the kids???? Sounds desperate to me trying to make it look like you're doing you're job when all it's doing is setting a program back. Don't buy it. I predict a new AD next year.

So letting the girls basketball coach go after overachieving in a killer district is in the best interest of the kids???? Sounds desperate to me trying to make it look like you're doing you're job when all it's doing is setting a program back. Don't buy it. I predict a new AD next year.

No overachieving. There were only 4 good teams in our district and we were one of them. Lost a close game to a good Canton team. I personally liked the HS Coach and don't necessarily agree with the decision, but could see the writing on the wall. The other changes were needed to move forward. Mercer is here to stay and wants to bring in some coaches that can hopefully bring a positive attitude.

No overachieving. There were only 4 good teams in our district and we were one of them. Lost a close game to a good Canton team. I personally liked the HS Coach and don't necessarily agree with the decision, but could see the writing on the wall. The other changes were needed to move forward. Mercer is here to stay and wants to bring in some coaches that can hopefully bring a positive attitude.

It's a known fact his guys would not come with him last year. Sorry. The removal if these coaches will not change his fate. Even Jeff Traylor can't find the right lipstick to put on that pig...

Mercer is doing a good job.

We've got another tough year of football and then, the Mercer era will begin with groups of kids he's had enough time to work with. These 1st 2 seasons of his, he didn't have enough kids in the program to compete. They had all moved away or quit football long ago.

He's doing good things. Year 3 will be better (the best in SH in a long time) and year 4, he will have us in the playoffs.

Another big difference now is a DI and DII in 4a that didnt exist 4 and 6 years ago. Our younger kids are able to compete against schools more their size. They are all having success and staying in the program now.

We've got another tough year of football and then, the Mercer era will begin with groups of kids he's had enough time to work with. These 1st 2 seasons of his, he didn't have enough kids in the program to compete. They had all moved away or quit football long ago.

He's doing good things. Year 3 will be better (the best in SH in a long time) and year 4, he will have us in the playoffs.

Another big difference now is a DI and DII in 4a that didnt exist 4 and 6 years ago. Our younger kids are able to compete against schools more their size. They are all having success and staying in the program now.

If he gets this support from everbody, and it takes everybody, then he will be successful. However, this school has shown it can't support through the lean years. You all have the toughest and most unrealistic parents. I do hope what you say happens. If only for the kids sake.

I think the next wave is going to do a better job. They are involved and kids are staying in the program.

Next year is going to be bad, then the next wave of SH kids are going to begin the turn around.

Only two football coaches were removed, the DC, and whatever the girls basketball coach coached. The rest were both tennis and both middle school basketball coaches. If anyone else leaves, it would be because they wanted to.

Only two football coaches were removed, the DC, and whatever the girls basketball coach coached. The rest were both tennis and both middle school basketball coaches. If anyone else leaves, it would be because they wanted to.

What happened to the DC? Why was he let go?

What happened to the DC? Why was he let go?

Did you see how many points we gave up last year???

Lol, in all honesty, he's been there quite some time and is ready to retire. I believe his contract wasn't renewed for next year. Like I said above, none of the coaches that are leaving or let go did anything wrong, just moving forward.

Did you see how many points we gave up last year???

Lol, in all honesty, he's been there quite some time and is ready to retire. I believe his contract wasn't renewed for next year. Like I said above, none of the coaches that are leaving or let go did anything wrong, just moving forward.

Lol. Definitely know they gave up a lot of points. But I thought they hired a new DC when the new HC got there.

The OC who wasn't calling plays had the title removed also. I am wondering how did he let go the best tennis coach Spring Hill ever had who also won state I believe?

• Like 1

If Mercer can find an OC job back at the 6a level around the Plano area next year, he will be out of there. On a side note Spring Hill does has a couple of 9th grades that can play just need to find about 7 more of them.

The DC, Denman was let go? I'm not sure that's right... He was only there a year. If they would have learned how to RUN THE DIVE, they would not have been in this predicament....

Whatever the hell is going on at SH, it needs to freaking stop! I am so sick and tired of the on-going issues at this school, that it makes me sick to my stomach! I have noticed that there is an "I don't care" attitude amongst the student body when it comes to either football, baseball, basketball, or whatever, and it needs to stop! If you wanna play sports, do it because you want too, not because someone is making you do it, or influencing you play a certain position just because it fits their needs and not yours! There is no widespread community spirit in Spring Hill, and I wish it would return, and soon! Our motto is "Proud Past Promising Future"! If you're a true Panther fan, then this should mean something to you! If it doesn't, then move to another town, because we don't need you! A message to all SH athletes, play the sport you love and have enthusiasm when playing! To the coaches at SH, take pride in your chosen profession, and invest a long-term love for these kids that go out and try and do their best every game! Once again, the issues have got to stop!