I'm Feelin' It ...

KirtFalcon

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2017 at 3:47 PM, MavGrad99 said:

I didn't like much music from the 80s either. But I was a country kid back then. I swear the only band I listened to was Alabama 😂

Had the same situation about 1965.  Loved The Beach Boys, Four Tops, Beatles, but when the Beatles came out with Yellow Submarine, that pretty much switched most of my listening to country.  Still, when you’re in the Army and far away, “Homeward Bound” by S&Garfunkle was a good tune.  Heavy Metal left this “redneck feeling blue”.  Couple of disco songs were okay (Hot Stuff made my toe tap), maybe because my kids played them.  Can’t take rap.  Only a couple of country singers can “Fill their shoes”.  Alas, my first choice in the car now is talk radio.  Guess that sums up the circle of life.

21 minutes ago, REBgp said:

Had the same situation about 1965.  Loved The Beach Boys, Four Tops, Beatles, but when the Beatles came out with Yellow Submarine, that pretty much switched most of my listening to country.  Still, when you’re in the Army and far away, “Homeward Bound” by S&Garfunkle was a good tune.  Heavy Metal left this “redneck feeling blue”.  Couple of disco songs were okay (Hot Stuff made my toe tap), maybe because my kids played them.  Can’t take rap.  Only a couple of country singers can “Fill their shoes”.  Alas, my first choice in the car now is talk radio.  Guess that sums up the circle of life.

I never got into Heavy Metal or "Acid Rock" ... Loved pop,  some traditional mostly soft rock, ballads and country.  I enjoy people who can sing, not bands that make loud noise ... Johnny Rivers, Bj Thomas, Bee Gees, Four Tops, Dan Seals. I especially like a lot of older black artists - male and female.  Marvin Gaye, Lou Rawls, Mary Wells .... liked most country ... I also listen to mostly oldies and talk radio these days

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

I never got into Heavy Metal or "Acid Rock" ... Loved pop,  some traditional mostly soft rock, ballads and country.  I enjoy people who can sing, not bands that make loud noise ... Johnny Rivers, Bj Thomas, Bee Gees, Four Tops, Dan Seals. I especially like a lot of older black artists - male and female.  Marvin Gaye, Lou Rawls, Mary Wells .... liked most country ... I also listen to mostly oldies and talk radio these days

And the Temptations!   My Girl would be in my top ten songs of all time.  I’d be scrambling after the first 3 or 4, and invariably forget a song that I should’ve put in.  That would make an interesting thread - Top 10 songs.  Besides MG, I’d have to put Amarillo By Morning, and Today I Started Loving You Again, but after that - so many, and what gets culled?  :O

Reckon I’d wear out the Edit button, lol.

7 minutes ago, REBgp said:

And the Temptations!   My Girl would be in my top ten songs of all time.  I’d be scrambling after the first 3 or 4, and invariably forget a song that I should’ve put in.  That would make an interesting thread - Top 10 songs.  Besides MG, I’d have to put Amarillo By Morning, and Today I Started Loving You Again, but after that - so many, and what gets culled?  :O

Reckon I’d wear out the Edit button, lol.

This song never leaves my head and I don't even listen to country music anymore...

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, REBgp said:

That dad gum George Strait has so many good songs.  Both of those above are just two of a bunch.  Here’s one that I danced with my daughter at her wedding.  

I think I still know all of the words to this One

• Thanks 1

Back in ‘78, some friends & I went to the old REO PALM ISLE to see this guy; Longview was under a tornado warning that night & there had some heavy rainstorms and lightning all the way there... needless to say, there weren’t but about thirty people there to see the show! This guy comes out looking like he had been changing out the transmission under a Pontiac; greasy, torn jeans, wife-beater shirt & says, “Well folks, there ain’t many of you here, but y’all paid your money, so here goes!”

Gary Stewart put on one hell of a show that night!     Enjoy!👌

• Thanks 1