Bullard Boys Basketball Coach

pumpfake25

Lindale's Allbritton is my bet for the open job. His wife just accepted a principal position in Bullard at the elementary. Lindale's upcoming years of basketball looks "bleek" at best based on the district they are in. Great kids who work hard, but the ceiling is pretty low.

Albritton seems to be a great fit at Lindale, doing great things with kids that work well in his program. However, he lost a HUGE weapon in Jordan Gray (graduation). When you saw write-ups in the papers about Lindale Basketball, it usually featured Gray. Not sure who would be able to fill those shoes, so maybe Albritton will look to follow his wife to Bullard.

Bullard is usually a good program. Whoever they get will inherit a program with some tradition.

Tradition isn't the problem. Talent is and there isn't a lot of it there right now for various reasons. Some changes need to happen or good players will continue to not play basketball or go other places.

• Like 1

How much of that "talent" goes to the Brook Hill school?

There are 3 pretty good ones at one point that attended Bullard but went to BH. One has since left BH to go somewhere else. You have another that left Bullard for a different school. A huge piece of the puzzle still walks the halls of Bullard but isn't playing basketball. You put those 5 together and you have one heck of a team. But hey, a certain guy wants Bullard to be a football school. Hasn't worked out so far and will get worse this year. Meanwhile a school that used be have great basketball tradition suffers.

That was more than you asked but I was in an opinion giving mood.

• Like 1

There are 3 pretty good ones at one point that attended Bullard but went to BH. One has since left BH to go somewhere else. You have another that left Bullard for a different school. A huge piece of the puzzle still walks the halls of Bullard but isn't playing basketball. You put those 5 together and you have one heck of a team. But hey, a certain guy wants Bullard to be a football school. Hasn't worked out so far and will get worse this year. Meanwhile a school that used be have great basketball tradition suffers.

Have a little success down the road and everyone wants a taste of the pie.

Have a little success down the road and everyone wants a taste of the pie.

At the expense of basketball. I spent many years at Bullard. Pecan Heads rule the are of East Texas.

I don't know that details, but just from reading this I would say good for Chambless. That certain someone wanting Bullard to be a football school has put that athletic program in circles. Bullard basketball (and baseball for that matter) used to be the go-to sport(s) with great traditions. When that pigskin coach came in during my years at BHS, athletics took a drastic turn. Sure, the football team has made the playoffs the past couple years. However, the basketball and baseball programs both had 10+ consecutive years of making playoffs, and suddenly they had to take a backseat to the football program. And I get it, football is king. I love football just as much as every other guy on here, but I hate seeing good programs being put on the backburner because there's a new football coach in town that thinks everyone should bow down to him. If you were an athlete and didn't play football, you were heavily frowned upon.

Just giving my 2 cents.

- Bullard Alum

How many state titles has this "basketball" school won?

Or even played for?

None. the same as football

I don't know that details, but just from reading this I would say good for Chambless. That certain someone wanting Bullard to be a football school has put that athletic program in circles. Bullard basketball (and baseball for that matter) used to be the go-to sport(s) with great traditions. When that pigskin coach came in during my years at BHS, athletics took a drastic turn. Sure, the football team has made the playoffs the past couple years. However, the basketball and baseball programs both had 10+ consecutive years of making playoffs, and suddenly they had to take a backseat to the football program. And I get it, football is king. I love football just as much as every other guy on here, but I hate seeing good programs being put on the backburner because there's a new football coach in town that thinks everyone should bow down to him. If you were an athlete and didn't play football, you were heavily frowned upon.

Just giving my 2 cents.

- Bullard Alum

Here here great reply and comment..........

How many state titles has this "basketball" school won?

Or even played for?

0. Although the basketball program had success in the previous years, I don't think anyone here is calling Bullard a "basketball" school. BBall was more popular in Bullard because the football team wasn't great.