Rusk?

TEXANOLINE89

He resigned do to family issues they opened search back up using past interviews. There is another topic on the second page of the forum under chip keel resigns.

I believe Mr. 8 is trying to pull one over on us. He knows exactly what happened. He's just trying to get Rusk as many posts as the Tatum thread....

Rusk isn't in Shelby Co. Do we need a geography lesson?

Be patient with the guy ... geography and Texas can be confusing ... it is the founding fathers' fault ...

Now I've been teaching for almost four decades now and, being a social studies person that I am, I take offense to the constant reports that students in Texas don't do well on geography. I don't know how to tell the guys who check out these things out, but our native-Texas forefathers appear mostly to blame. Texas geography just doesn't make any sense. Just look at students in Jacksonville, it's a small wonder their confused.

Jacksonville is in Cherokee County, whose county seat is Rusk...which is not the county seat of Rusk County, that's Henderson...which should be the county seat of Henderson County, but no, that's Athens (all this, of course, doesn't not even address the issue that Jacksonville is not in either Jackson or Jack Counties). To the north of these is Tyler, which should be the county seat of Tyler County; however, neither of these is the case, as Woodville is the county seat of Tyler County and Tyler is the county seat of Smith County. Which means of course that Woodville should be the county seat of Wood County, next to Smith County, but it's not, anymore than Smithville is located conveniently in Smith County.

To complicate things, Crockett is the county seat of Houston County, while Houston is the county seat of Harris County (not to be confused with Harrison County) and Ozuna of all places is the county seat of Crockett County. Anderson, which should by all reason, have the courthouse of Anderson County is actually the county seat of Grimes County, while Palestine holds the public records of Anderson County. San Angelo is the county seat of Tom Green, not Greenville as it would if it made sense. Greenville happens to be the county seat of Hunt County, not Huntsville, which is the county seat of Walker County. Austin, the city, is county seat of Travis County, while Austin County has Bellville for its county seat instead of putting it into Bell County where it could all be fit nicely into an orderly system.

Other states don't seem to have this problem...isn't Oklahoma City in Oklahoma, New York City in New York, and Jersey City is in New Jersey...well Missouri City is, of all places, right outside of Houston and Colorado City is not found in Colorado, but Texas - to make matters worse Colorado City, Texas is not even in Colorado County, Texas! Colorado City is the county seat of Mitchell County and is neither close to Colorado the state or Colorado County the county; in fact, the county seat of Colorado County is Columbus, named (I guess) for a guy that never made it close to Texas. With all this logic flowing around, I suppose Stratford had to be the county seat of Sherman County because Sherman had to be the county seat for Grayson County, just like Eastland had to be located in West Texas.

I don't wonder that these kids are having some problems. And that's a fact, Jack.

• Like 2

Be patient with the guy ... geography and Texas can be confusing ... it is the founding fathers' fault ...

Now I've been teaching for almost four decades now and, being a social studies person that I am, I take offense to the constant reports that students in Texas don't do well on geography. I don't know how to tell the guys who check out these things out, but our native-Texas forefathers appear mostly to blame. Texas geography just doesn't make any sense. Just look at students in Jacksonville, it's a small wonder their confused.

Jacksonville is in Cherokee County, whose county seat is Rusk...which is not the county seat of Rusk County, that's Henderson...which should be the county seat of Henderson County, but no, that's Athens (all this, of course, doesn't not even address the issue that Jacksonville is not in either Jackson or Jack Counties). To the north of these is Tyler, which should be the county seat of Tyler County; however, neither of these is the case, as Woodville is the county seat of Tyler County and Tyler is the county seat of Smith County. Which means of course that Woodville should be the county seat of Wood County, next to Smith County, but it's not, anymore than Smithville is located conveniently in Smith County.

To complicate things, Crockett is the county seat of Houston County, while Houston is the county seat of Harris County (not to be confused with Harrison County) and Ozuna of all places is the county seat of Crockett County. Anderson, which should by all reason, have the courthouse of Anderson County is actually the county seat of Grimes County, while Palestine holds the public records of Anderson County. San Angelo is the county seat of Tom Green, not Greenville as it would if it made sense. Greenville happens to be the county seat of Hunt County, not Huntsville, which is the county seat of Walker County. Austin, the city, is county seat of Travis County, while Austin County has Bellville for its county seat instead of putting it into Bell County where it could all be fit nicely into an orderly system.

Other states don't seem to have this problem...isn't Oklahoma City in Oklahoma, New York City in New York, and Jersey City is in New Jersey...well Missouri City is, of all places, right outside of Houston and Colorado City is not found in Colorado, but Texas - to make matters worse Colorado City, Texas is not even in Colorado County, Texas! Colorado City is the county seat of Mitchell County and is neither close to Colorado the state or Colorado County the county; in fact, the county seat of Colorado County is Columbus, named (I guess) for a guy that never made it close to Texas. With all this logic flowing around, I suppose Stratford had to be the county seat of Sherman County because Sherman had to be the county seat for Grayson County, just like Eastland had to be located in West Texas.

I don't wonder that these kids are having some problems. And that's a fact, Jack.

You know us Texans March to the beat of our own bongo.

However, Shelbyville is located in Shelby County. It is no longer the county seat, which is now Center, which was once known as White Cottage.

Rusk isn't in Shelby Co. Do we need a geography lesson?

I know that. Obviously you didn't catch the reference to the county seat. I was trying to be stealth in my accusations. Guess that ain't happening now........but then again, I had a coach as a geography teacher. Go figure......

I know that. Obviously you didn't catch the reference to the county seat. I was trying to be stealth in my accusations. Guess that ain't happening now........but then again, I had a coach as a geography teacher. Go figure......

Lol

DOB....Great Geography lesson..but let me help you a little bit with some other interesting facts...Center is NOT in Central Texas but in EAST TEXAS we can't even spell towns right..Walker/Recklaw..Lucas/Sacul can't even pronounce towns right.M E X I A....is it mu-hey-a...or Mu--hayer....OR Mex E A....maybe we ALL might need to get a "time share" at the "top of the Hill" in Rusk or at least out patient status at the "bottom of the hill"......No wonder these kids are getting confused on their EOC tests!!!!!