‘I’ll Never Retire’: Americans Break Record for Working Past 65

Wild74

I am currently about 60 1/2 and looking at retirement at 62. My company Enable Midstream has only a 401K retirement plan that they match at 6%. CenterPointEnergy the company I came from has the old Arkansas Louisiana Gas Co retirement that I was grandfathered in and will currently pay me 3000 per month as of right now if I wanted to retire or 2500 if I add my wife. I am lucky to have that plan I don't know what I can draw in SS but I am maxing it out every year. I am thinking about 1500 or so maybe a little more so when I hit 62 I think I can draw 4000 per month without touching my 401K which has a good bit since I have been paying into it for 25 years or so. Funny thing the company just gave me 2500 shares at 6.97 per share with the stipulation I can't cash it in for 3 years and it is currently at almost 12.50 a share now. They said they want to encourage managers to stay with the company. Where I'm I going to go the oil & gas industry is in the middle of one of the biggest down turns in history....:lol:

I have a feeling millennials will not find the pot of gold as you have or at least not so easily. With so called free trade I'm betting life long jobs will evaporate even more unless of course one is employed by the government in which case it is becoming evident once your foot is in the door with government employment government can never get rid of you. Just look at Hillary Clinton. :lol:

One of my concerns is I am currently paying about 180 per month for health insurance 80/20 3000 out of pocket then 100% and that same policy will cost about 12 to 1300 per month even if I use my wife's insurance at the school. So I will have to pay that until I achieve medicare age. My wife is also on my insurance so when I retire she will have to pay that also. That is a draw back