Brook Hill Volleyball

Cougar12345

BULLARD - Candise Wise, a longtime assistant, was named head volleyball coach for Bullard Brook Hill, Guard athletic director Wally Dawkins announced Tuesday morning.

Dawkins cited Wise’s knowledge of the game, relationship with the players, strong work ethic and love for Brook Hill as just a few of the reasons she was selected from the many applications received.

Wise was a standout volleyball and softball player at Elysian Fields High School and went on to Trinity Valley Community College to pursue both sports before graduating from the UT Tyler. Wise has worked as an assistant at Brook Hill for three years while also serving as an assistant softball coach.

“Candise Wise is the perfect fit for our volleyball girls and she has proven that over her tenure here,” Dawkins said. “She is well respected by the players and parents. We have put together a great staff of Christian men and women to lead our volleyball program into the future.”

Dawkins also the announced the hiring of assistant coach Mallory Kuechle. A former Robert E. Lee standout where she earned first-team All-East Texas honors, Kuechle went on to play collegiately at Texas Women’s University where she will graduate this May.

“Mallory is considered to be one of the top volleyball players to ever come out of East Texas,” Dawkins said. “She had a great college career and we think she can have a tremendous impact on our girls. We think Mallory is an awesome addition to our coaching staff.”

I do not believe she will be playing. So why does it matter how good of a player she was in High School? I do not know this young lady. She may become a great coach. But to me in coaching it does not matter how good of a player you were.

Very good hire on head coach!!!!!!!

"But to me in coaching it does not matter how good of a player you were."

Not all the time, but if you know how to do something you would think that would relate to or increase your knowledge of how to teach it. If you enroll in the Fire Academy, Police Academy, Military, etc. they typically employ people that have experience in the trade to teach the skills necessary. Always exceptions to debate, but for the most part I believe they go hand in hand.

If this sort of thing gets on your nerves you must have your panties in a terminal knot. It may not mean she is going to be a great coach but it does not me she will not either. And given a choice between having a Coach who has played the sport they are going to Coach and one that has not it is a pretty easy call which way I would go.

If this sort of thing gets on your nerves you must have your panties in a terminal knot. It may not mean she is going to be a great coach but it does not me she will not either. And given a choice between having a Coach who has played the sport they are going to Coach and one that has not it is a pretty easy call which way I would go.

BCP.......... I have looked at some of your replies on several post. WOW.... are you for real or ??????

"But to me in coaching it does not matter how good of a player you were."

Not all the time, but if you know how to do something you would think that would relate to or increase your knowledge of how to teach it. If you enroll in the Fire Academy, Police Academy, Military, etc. they typically employ people that have experience in the trade to teach the skills necessary. Always exceptions to debate, but for the most part I believe they go hand in hand.

In the all areas you are right. Experience helps. BUT usually great players do not know how to coach as well. Some may. I have been on staff's where an all-state kid was just bad as a coach. I have seen high school managers win state championships in coaching. I guess it could go either way.

• 2 months later...