WEEK 2: Henderson @ Tatum

Eagleborn

Henderson @ Tatum  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your winner

He certainly had a great night against Atlanta but Henderson has more play makers than they can say grace over. The question for me remains the D. They played great last Friday...held Atl to a little over a hundred yards total offense in the first 3 1/2 qtrs...forced 6 consecutive 3 and outs...and were on the Rabbs QB like a duck on a june bug (as my grandmother used to say. Boy, I sure miss her). I need to see the D play at that level again before I am convinced. Doesn't Tatum try to run a play like every 20 seconds?

Yep.

I think Henderson wins by 21. Tatum will score but Henderson will wear Tatum down the second half. Tatum , I think is much better and if they keep everyone healthy will be a lot better when district starts. Migh be very dangerous in the playoffs. Hope both teams stay injury free.

I am going with the Eagles because I am a homer and I believe in the young men who played on last years team. Henderson cannot and will not out athlete Tatum, the depth of Henderson will be the difference if they win. I saw the high lights of the Henderson/Atlanta game and Henderson is the real deal, but Tatum is hard to beat at home.

Henderson vs Atlanta

Here's the game. Atlanta gave up 20 points in the first half by way of interception/punt return. Even a bad snap on a punt put Henderson on Atlanta's 20, but Henderson shot themselves in the foot the entire series.

In total I think Henderson had 3 punt returns for touchdowns, and interception for a touchdown, and started inside Atlanta's 40 on 3-4 drives I believe. Nobody should expect to win a game with all of that happening.

Defense wasn't as bad as the score shows. Special teams and offensive line was our downfall, and Henderson took advantage of it.

No Atl is not as bad as the score indicates. Not as good as Henderson even without the mistakes though. But also Henderson isn't as good as the score shows either.

Henderson has a lot of talent at skill positions. Open field tackling mainly but tackling anywhere will be a must to survive against them. So much skill and speed on defense that running straight at them to me would be the best bet. I would not want to get into a spread 7 on 7 game unless I had the talent to do so.

Thanks for posting the video.

Oh and Henderson by 21.

Fourth cup ponderin' this morning ....

Arp was about a twenty point pick, so I figure Henderson will be at least that much.

Truthfully, being an underdog never bothered me much cause I try not to waste much effort on someone's else's opinion that I have no control over. But I do know that winning a game you are supposed to lose is always a little sweeter and losing a game you're supposed to win is always a bitter pill to swallow. And if you stay in the game long enough there's a good chance that you have had the experience of both - much of which you still remember years later.

Teams that spend a whole lot of valuable preparation time focusing on polls, spreads, and stats usually don't like what happens next - cause once again karma will step in and refocus your misguided attention. And the only thing left to do is for the pollsters and fans to figure out who is to blame – and blame begets more blame.

The funny thing about it is that those pecking on a keyboard somewhere who decide such things are not the same ones who have to strap on a headgear on any given Friday night and back up someone else's pronostications. And while the keyboarders can hide in between and behind the lines on a sheet of paper, those who have to actually step out between the white lines are the ones who have to feel and deal with the pressure. And unlike the talkers and squawkers, when you step on the green grass there ain't no place to hide.

We try to make the game complicated, but in reality it's quite simple: Do your job – Trust and Believe in your Teammates and Coaches … past that, it's just bands, fans, and cheerleaders.

And old guys like me who can't wait to find their seat and take it all in.

they do that if the offense sends a sub in they must allow the defense time to do so as well.

If the offense does not sub they will srt it and go

That is something that we know as fans, players and coaches at Tatum. The only one that did not know it last Friday were the refs. A no huddle hurry up offense is setup to run fast without subs, and the refs were told before the game. They just took their sweet time on most of the plays.

With all the so called "insiders" from Tatum I thought this would be an easy yes or no?

Only 18 freshmen came out to play football believe it or not. Arp doesn't field a freshman team so our freshmen played with the JV last week, so I dont have nothing to go on as far as knowing for sure. I will try to find out some info and get back with you.