Uruguay

Venezuela

D

----

Argentina

Bolivia

Chile

Panama

Top 2 from each group advance to the knockout rounds. Tournament kicks off on June 3 as the US takes on Colombia.

Our 23 man roster:

GOALKEEPERS (3): 1-Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), 12-Tim Howard (Colorado Rapids), 22-Ethan Horvath (Molde IK)

DEFENDERS (8): 5-Matt Besler (Sporting KC), 3-Steve Birnbaum (D.C. United), 6-John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), 20-Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), 21-Timmy Chandler (Eintracht Frankfurt), 23-Fabian Johnson (Borussia Moenchengladbach), 14-Michael Orozco (Club Tijuana), 2-DeAndre Yedlin (Tottenham Hotspur)

MIDFIELDERS/FORWARDS (12): 15-Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), 11-Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), 4-Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), 8-Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), 13-Jermaine Jones (Colorado Rapids), 16-Perry Kitchen (Heart of Midlothian), 10-Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers), 17-Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund), 18-Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes), 7-Bobby Wood (Hamburg SV), 20-Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy), 19-Graham Zusi (Sporting KC)

Excited to see Pulisic play. My expectations are minimal and if the US just gets out of group I will be happy.

Well, it's tough, but we're hosting the tournament, so it would be a failure to not get out of group. No way should Klinsmann survive crashing out that early, especially not after that garbage performance in the Gold Cup last summer, but knowing his boss he probably would somehow.

No surprises as Colombia opens the tournament with a 2-0 win over the US.

Our next game is Tuesday against Costa Rica. CR takes on Paraguay tomorrow afternoon. Better hope for a draw in that one. Else I suppose if someone has to win it probably would be better if it were Paraguay.

Perfect result for the US as Costa Rica - Paraguay ends in a scoreless draw. CR's central defender Kendall Waston managed to get shown a red right at the very end of the game, meaning he'll be suspended for the US match.

Colombia 3

Costa Rica 1

Paraguay 1

US 0

Panama 2, Bolivia 1

Argentina 2, Chile 1

Argentina - Chile was a pleasure to watch, real high quality stuff. The first two days of the tournament were pretty rough, but things have picked up the last two.

Tonight is the moment of truth for the US.

Argentina 3

Panama 3

Bolivia 0

Chile 0

US 4 - Costa Rica 0

Thank you Jesus. Assuming Colombia wins tonight then a draw against Paraguay would likely be enough to put us into the knockout rounds.

Colombia 2, Paraguay 1

Colombia 6

US 3

Costa Rica 1

Paraguay 1

Us vs Paraguay is an interesting match. Paraguay looked very flat and slow against CR. Then they come out and play Colombia like they did. I'd like to say that US will win 4-0 (they should), but I have no clue what Paraguay team will show up.

So my guess is US 2-1

Yeah, Paraguay bounced back pretty well after just a terrible performance in their opener with CR. I hope all that energy they expended trying to claw their way back against Colombia will leave them flat again for us, but with it being a do or die game I doubt it. I'm a little worried about some of our old guys, how much they have left in the tank. Is Klinsi going to start the same lineup three times in a row?

Yesterday's scores were:

Brazil 7, Haiti 1

Peru 2, Ecuador 2

Brazil 4
Peru 4

Ecuador 2

Haiti 0

If he starts the same lineup again for the 3rd time I'll be shocked. He's always been known to change it, and I think that doesn't allow the back line or any of them to get comfortable with each other. Just glad to see Jones play like he did. Old #### need to understand that they must play like him to get oUT of group stage.

Yesterday's scores:

Venezuela 1, Uruguay 0

Mexico 2, Jamaica 0

Uruguay eliminated in the first real shock of the tournament. Venezuela was supposed to neck-and-neck with Bolivia for worst team in Conmebol.

Mexico 6

Venezuela 6

Jamaica 0

Uruguay 0

US 1, Paraguay 0

Costa Rica 3, Colombia 2

Unfortunately I was out of town and missed it all. US not only advanced with their win but won the group on goal differential with Costa Rica's upset. As I understand it Colombia didn't take CR very seriously and rested a bunch of guys and paid the price.

US 6

Colombia 6

Costa Rica 4

Paraguay 1

Yesterday's scores:

Mexico 1, Venezuela 1

Uruguay 3, Jamaica 0

Mexico 7

Venezuela 7

Uruguay 3

Jamaica 0

Mexico won the group based on goal differential. Not sure what's going on with Venezuela. All I had been hearing coming into the tournament was that they were weak and they did seem a little fortunate to hold off a 10 man Jamaica team in their opener, but in the end they were 10 minutes away from sweeping their group.