Art Briles Fired

Stoney

Dan Wolken USA Today Twitter-" Baylor regents felt the program had advanced enough to attract quality candidates and not revert back to the Big 12 cellar dwellers."

May have, but there aren't many great coaches, and Briles might be one of them. Even schools like Florida and USC can find themselves wandering the desert for a while looking for another good coach. Baylor doesn't have that luxury, do they? The next hire needs to be the right one.

May have, but there aren't many great coaches, and Briles might be one of them. Even schools like Florida and USC can find themselves wandering the desert for a while looking for another good coach. Baylor doesn't have that luxury, do they? The next hire needs to be the right one.

Chad Morris, Tom Herman would probably have to be the early favorites. What do you think Fluke?

Chad Morris, Tom Herman would probably have to be the early favorites. What do you think Fluke?

Herman is probably the next man up for every major job in the country.... He wouldn't even answer the call from Baylor.

Taking that Baylor job is career suicide right now. You won't see any young up comer take the job. I truly believe Art Briles was a miracle worker to get Baylor where they were. It's not a question of IF Baylor goes back to the cellar, it's a question of how fast. Immediately? Next year?

• Like 2

This could get very interesting on players transfering. Especially if they get any sort of clearance from the NCAA to leave and play immediately. But if they can't hire a decent guy we could see a mass exodus anyway.

Dibs on Stidham and Pat Hudson! Lol

"you let go of the man who made this university relevant?

i bet if we was 1-10 this wouldn't even make the local news"- Taylor Young Baylor LB's Tweet

If the kids going to make a statement, he should at least use proper grammar.

I keep seeing people say, "don't lash out at the players, they are just frustrated and angry." I'm sorry but these are the same players that let their teammates do all of this, correct? I don't have any sympathy for these players. I do for the victims.

• Like 4

What happens with Baylor now depends on the NCAA and how they handle this situation. If they go full SMU on them, then Baylor will fall back into the cellar.

If they slap them with probation, then life will go on, and while Baylor might see a dip, they won't fall out of relevance. With their current weapons in place, just about anyone could walk into Waco and put up video game numbers...