Art Briles Fired

Stoney

I can't even imagine. First of all we haven't seen the full Hamilton report yet. The full report is set to be released June 2nd I believe. I'm sure we'll see loss of scholarships and post season ban.

With the NCAA ,barring them "mishandling" the investigation like Miami, it's should be in the realm of like what Mav said "lack of institutional control", i.e. Death Penalty level punishment. It could be more like what Penn State got. Vacate the wins. Scholarships reduced. Bowl bans.

Wow... That will definitely send them back to the cellars...

Meeting personally with victims or their parents and subsequently failing to report the misconduct.

Conducting internal investigations without training or authority, "which improperly discredited complainants and denied them the right to a fair, impartial and informed investigation."

Actively diverting cases from criminal investigation or Baylor's student conduct review.

http://www.baylor.edu/mediacommunications/news.php?action=story&story=170207

A little more condensed version of the report.

The following personnel changes are effective immediately.

Ken Starr will no longer serve in the role of President of Baylor University effective May 31. David Garland, former dean and professor at Baylor's George W. Truett Theological Seminary, will serve as Interim President of Baylor University while the University initiates a search for its next President. Garland previously served as Baylor's interim President from August 2008 to May 2010. Starr remains the Louise L. Morrison Chair of Constitutional Law in Baylor's Law School and has agreed in principle to serve as Chancellor on terms that are still being discussed.

Effective immediately, Head Football Coach Art Briles has been suspended indefinitely with intent to terminate according to contractual procedures.

Ian McCaw has been sanctioned and placed on probation. McCaw will work with University leadership and the Board of Regents to implement the recommendations as they relate to the restoration of a tone of accountability within the football program, to effective oversight and controls of the Athletics department, and to critically needed changes that will re-align the Athletics program with the University mission.

Additional members of the Administration and Athletics program have also been dismissed. Neither these individuals nor the disciplinary actions will be identified publicly.

Greg Jones, as Executive Vice President and Provost, serves as second in command and will continue to have responsibility for the academic enterprise and fulfillment of the University's Christian mission.

The roles of members of several University departments will be clarified and staff will be engaged in continuing and robust training before the start of the Fall 2016 semester.

The overall business operations of the University, including Athletics, will be executed primarily through Dr. Reagan Ramsower, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer.

The Board of Regents has created the full-time position of Chief Compliance Officer that will report directly to the Office of the President.

According to the Baylor press release he's staying as part time prof/chancellor for law school. Pretty much a slap on the wrist IMO.

AD Ian McCaw gets probation. Another slap on the wrist.

Unbelievable ... they should ALL be tarred and feathered and herded off campus with their hands tied behind their backs ...

Yes, this will throw a kink in their football program ....

Guest 4to3

Saw this this tweet from a WVU writer.

Big 12 source tells me PH found evidence of payments to Baylor players.

The domino effect. Shades of Dave Bliss perhaps.

Saw this this tweet from a WVU writer.

Big 12 source tells me PH found evidence of payments to Baylor players.

I had always wondered about Drew and getting the basketball program back running that quick, with that level talent. I wouldn't be shocked at all if the football program was getting in on that action at all.

• Like 1

Herman is probably the next man up for every major job in the country.... He wouldn't even answer the call from Baylor.

Taking that Baylor job is career suicide right now. You won't see any young up comer take the job. I truly believe Art Briles was a miracle worker to get Baylor where they were. It's not a question of IF Baylor goes back to the cellar, it's a question of how fast. Immediately? Next year?

Nor should he, Baylor was Houston before Briles took over. 2 days ago Red McCombs said that Houston should join the Big X. I don't see why they shouldn't, unless UT puts their thumb down.

When all of these assaults became public knowledge I didn't think Briles should have been fired based on his performance. Then I heard about the report today that says he helped cover the scandals up along with the administration. It seems Ken Starr should be terminated too, and not just demoted. It makes me wonder if he did a thorough investigation on the Lewinsky/Clinton scandal. I wonder if he covered up some of his findings in that.

I'm a Sooner alum/supporter so I come into this understanding about glass house and throwing stones, but I will say if the same severity/frequency of incidents occurred at OU, I would expect Boren/Castiglione/Stoops to step down.

This ain't overzealous boosters hooking up a player with a freebie job at a dealership, this ain't even a punk slugging a girl at a restaurant. This is multiple instances of sexual assault over a duration of time. Baylor should clean house.

From what I read in Brian Bosworth's book, it may have been just as bad in Norman during his tenure. You could get away with a lot more stuff in the 80's, because we weren't bragging about every thing we did via cell phones and instant pictures. The only reason I responded is I brought up how bad Oklahoma was back in the day.

From what I read in Brian Bosworth's book, it may have been just as bad in Norman during his tenure. You could get away with a lot more stuff in the 80's, because we weren't bragging about every thing we did via cell phones and instant pictures. The only reason I responded is I brought up how bad Oklahoma was back in the day.

I don't dispute that, which is why I would never argue with Switzer being fired and the program being sanctioned as harsh as it was. That was my point.

We're in a new world order when it comes to this kinda thing. A big time program being able to keep things quiet and wait out investigations is over. In the wake of the USC/Penn State issues of the last several years, the NCAA (and the sports media) is loaded for bear.

Truth be told, I don't think the real fit has hit the shan in OU over the Joe Mixon issue. Once that tape hits the social media, Stoops & Co. may have to cut him loose.

I read somewhere, either in the Pepper Hamilton report or the Baylor "finding of facts" a sentence that said "a lack of institutional control". Bad news for Baylor. Hell, all of it is damning, but that's the one line in all the pages of reports that spells doom for the football program.

As far as Briles is concerned there's only one word to describe him and that's "scumbag"

I read somewhere, either in the Pepper Hamilton report or the Baylor "finding of facts" a sentence that said "a lack of institutional control". Bad news for Baylor. Hell, all of it is damning, but that's the one line in all the pages of reports that spells doom for the football program.

As far as Briles is concerned there's only one word to describe him and that's "scumbag"

Lack of institutional control. Can't wait to see if NCAA gives them the carrot (Penn State) or the stick (SMU).

So where does Briles go from here? I figure he'll have to sit out at least a season, but he's gonna turn up somewhere... what's a likely destination?

I would assume he will get an OC gig fairly quickly. Couple of years he will be back as HC. The guy from Arkansas comes to mind, he went to W. Kentucky for a couple of years and I think he got a bigger job this year or last....

Petrino. He got canned for having a mistress and getting her a job at the university. With what Briles and his staff knowingly did to skirt the law I don't see anybody touching him for a couple years. Then it won't be a HC job. It'll be a OC job like you said Eagle. Depends on how much worse this will get when all the details come out and the NCAA rules.

Stone, Were any of the other Coaches fired. I would assume his son would be fired, but havent seen anything.

Bennett will be the interim coach and the same report had Kendal Briles staying on staff. The Board of Regents statement had a thing saying say that some Athletic staff were dismissed. They wouldn't be named though.

Additional members of the Administration and Athletics program have also been dismissed. Neither these individuals nor the disciplinary actions will be identified publicly.- Board of Regents statement

According to the report, Baylor football staff, including unnamed coaches, prevented meaningful investigation of multiple accusations of sexual assault and dating violence by failing to report them outside of the athletic department.

Football staffers also did things that "gave the illusion of responsiveness to complainants but failed to provide a meaningful institutional response under Title IX." Those included:

Meeting personally with victims or their parents and subsequently failing to report the misconduct.

Conducting internal investigations without training or authority, "which improperly discredited complainants and denied them the right to a fair, impartial and informed investigation."

Actively diverting cases from criminal investigation or Baylor's student conduct review.

Some of y'all don't get it! Briles isn't coming back to coaching any time soon! The very thing the football, and society in general, is trying to get rid of is domestic violence. This guy covered up multiple cases of rape and violence against women.

Like victims came to him and he met with parents of victims and he persuaded them to not say anything. The Waco police were kept quiet, the football staff acted as judge and jury in these cases.