Art Briles Fired

Stoney

I'm a Sooner alum/supporter so I come into this understanding about glass house and throwing stones, but I will say if the same severity/frequency of incidents occurred at OU, I would expect Boren/Castiglione/Stoops to step down.

This ain't overzealous boosters hooking up a player with a freebie job at a dealership, this ain't even a punk slugging a girl at a restaurant. This is multiple instances of sexual assault over a duration of time. Baylor should clean house.

• Like 1

Won't matter that whole staff is gone eventually! Read the Pepper Hamilton reports, they mention "coaches" quit a bit. Meaning this was the a group effort and not just Art.

Yes apparently the coaches formed some what of an investigation of their own. Met with the victims and just then kept it all to themselves. If I read correctly, I might be butchering that.

Can the NCAA give those who signed the LOI this past February an option to choose another school if they wish to this late?

I'm not sure if that's Baylors or the NCAA call, but I've been seeing that the class of 2016 will be given a release.

Won't matter that whole staff is gone eventually! Read the Pepper Hamilton reports, they mention "coaches" quit a bit. Meaning this was the a group effort and not just Art.

I went and read report. I agree all will probably be gone eventually. It also says the 'coaches'discipline won't be publicly noted so we might never know who let's go or leaves on their own.

Guest 4to3

If the ncaa ever punishes a school based on "lack of institutional control" then you have it here

Uh, it ain't like it's the first time for Baylor. I'm not sure it's a lack of control as much it's the culture there. How do you step in the same patty twice if it ain't?

Disgraced former Baylor coach Dave Bliss resurfaces at NAIA Southwestern Christian

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesheadlines/2015/04/06/disgraced-former-baylor-coach-dave-bliss-resurfaces-at-naia-southwestern-christian

If the kids going to make a statement, he should at least use proper grammar.

I keep seeing people say, "don't lash out at the players, they are just frustrated and angry." I'm sorry but these are the same players that let their teammates do all of this, correct? I don't have any sympathy for these players. I do for the victims.

way to go champ on grammar correction on a tweet! Double check mines also would ya?

I'm not sure if that's Baylors or the NCAA call, but I've been seeing that the class of 2016 will be given a release.

I've been seeing the same thing on the LOI. If this is like Penn State and its sanctions, I'm pretty sure Seniors were allowed to transfer without having to sit. I think 4th year Juniors were as well. I think. Very well could be wrong.

What does the level of punishment look like for this situation?

I can't even imagine. First of all we haven't seen the full Hamilton report yet. The full report is set to be released June 2nd I believe. I'm sure we'll see loss of scholarships and post season ban.

What does the level of punishment look like for this situation?

With the NCAA ,barring them "mishandling" the investigation like Miami, it's should be in the realm of like what Mav said "lack of institutional control", i.e. Death Penalty level punishment. It could be more like what Penn State got. Vacate the wins. Scholarships reduced. Bowl bans.