Art Briles Fired

Stoney

Just a fan, You seem to be putting all the blame on Coach. The rape victims contacted the University not the football office after the incidents. The University, Campus security, Administration are all to blame. I havent seen anything where Coach Briles (himself) met with Victims. He is the scapegoat and should be fired. What about the AD, President, Campus Security, Title IX office. They should all be gone.

Some of y'all don't get it! Briles isn't coming back to coaching any time soon! The very thing the football, and society in general, is trying to get rid of is domestic violence. This guy covered up multiple cases of rape and violence against women.

Like victims came to him and he met with parents of victims and he persuaded them to not say anything. The Waco police were kept quiet, the football staff acted as judge and jury in these cases.

That's exactly what should get them the Death Penalty- "Lack of Institutional Control." Petrino could do what he did and come back from it. Art Briles can't. This is Joe Paterno level scorched earth and remove all traces of Briles' existence at Baylor.

Just a fan, You seem to be putting all the blame on Coach. The rape victims contacted the University not the football office after the incidents. The University, Campus security, Administration are all to blame. I havent seen anything where Coach Briles (himself) met with Victims. He is the scapegoat and should be fired. What about the AD, President, Campus Security, Title IX office. They should all be gone.

Go read the Pepper Hamilton report.

Baylor tried to make Starr the president the scapegoat but the PH report was going to be released and it's ugly for Briles and his entire staff. The rest of the staff will be dismissed soon enough.

• Like 1

I heard on the radio that an option for Baylor would be to just not play football this season... Not sure if that's possible but if it is, it would probably be the best option. I mean by the looks of it, multiple coaches were involved in this, not just one. I'm not saying they won't play, but I think this is leaning more towards an SMU type punishment... As time goes on, it's just going to get more ugly.

You need to read the Pepper Hamilton report. It states that Briles did meet with victims and their families and essentially blew them off.

• Like 1

Petrino. He got canned for having a mistress and getting her a job at the university. With what Briles and his staff knowingly did to skirt the law I don't see anybody touching him for a couple years. Then it won't be a HC job. It'll be a OC job like you said Eagle. Depends on how much worse this will get when all the details come out and the NCAA rules.

Yup!

I liked Art for trying to get our athletes out of P.A. to do better. I worked with one of Art's family members a very close one, Art loved Armstead, he was one of his fav players, Armstead got kicked out I knew something major was wrong. I tried to defend Art in the public eye around here and ppl thought I was dumb, I see why now. Art aint Petrino, Art will never get another college HC gig if administration at other "potential suitors" have a brain. His best bet is back to HS coaching or settle for an OC job in college ball on a lower level IMO. He knew wth was going on out there IMO but he wasn't the only one who knew. Its way more to it and Baylor gonna Baylor to save any face it still has which isnt much.

Does Waco PD / McLennan County have to take some blame for this too? Surely not all these sexual assaults were on campus. Not taking blame away from Baylor but are the local law enforcement at fault too?

Yep! But I bet they never will though.

You need to read the Pepper Hamilton report. It states that Briles did meet with victims and their families and essentially blew them off.

I read the Summary which stated Coaches and football Staff met with the Victims. The summary didnt mention Briles himself meeting with them. If thats the case, I stand corrected and agree that he probably wont Coach again at any level. Atleast not as a HC.

Rumors out today that Kendall Briles will step down because of recruiting infractions that will be dropped on him. Much of the rumors include one of East Texas' own KD Cannon.

Cannon put out an Instagram post last night saying he may never wear a Bu uniform again but would find out today.

There is a swirling flushing noise coming from the Waco area. They BU bor would be better off to get all the problems in one flush, starting with Starr.

A buddy of mine (a BU alum) told me last night that Baylor needs to re-brand itself as a serious academic school, with a marked de-emphasis (financially and culturally) on big time athletics.
Frankly, I thought that was kind of an overreaction, but it's a sentiment I'm seeing/hearing more of as this story continues to develop.

A buddy of mine (a BU alum) told me last night that Baylor needs to re-brand itself as a serious academic school, with a marked de-emphasis (financially and culturally) on big time athletics.

Frankly, I thought that was kind of an overreaction, but it's a sentiment I'm seeing/hearing more of as this story continues to develop.

The violence and rape cases are taking the forefront right now and it should. The coaches involved with that side of it should be fired and they will.

The rumors now, because we haven't seen the full PH report, are that the Hamilton report found major recruiting violations. Which if that is true will lead to players being suspended and loss of scholarships, post season bans, and possibly declassification.

Some are suggesting, like you referred too, that BU should shut it down for a few years and start over.

The violence and rape cases are taking the forefront right now and it should. The coaches involved with that side of it should be fired and they will.

The rumors now, because we haven't seen the full PH report, are that the Hamilton report found major recruiting violations. Which if that is true will lead to players being suspended and loss of scholarships, post season bans, and possibly declassification.

Some are suggesting, like you referred too, that BU should shut it down for a few years and start over.

The more this story unravels, this seems like the most logical option...

The more this story unravels, this seems like the most logical option...

It's tough for the university but think about it.

They should fire the entire staff that new about and help cover up the rapes and violence.

Then you're left with a few coaches who may get hit with NCAA infractions for recruiting.

So then your going to ask a new coach to come in and assemble a staff over the summer.

Then that staff will have to deal with any players that may be suspended by the NCAA.

This whole scenario is why some are saying just shut it down and like you said it may be the best option.

It's tough for the university but think about it.

They should fire the entire staff that new about and help cover up the rapes and violence.

Then you're left with a few coaches who may get hit with NCAA infractions for recruiting.

So then your going to ask a new coach to come in and assemble a staff over the summer.

Then that staff will have to deal with any players that may be suspended by the NCAA.

This whole scenario is why some are saying just shut it down and like you said it may be the best option.

Why would players be suspended for recruiting violations? Unless they were altering transcripts for elgibility, I dont know on what grounds they would be suspended.

if they fold football I hope the big 12 drops them.

This is kind of a tangent, but...

Baylor's recent ascendancy has made them one of the stronger brands holding the Big XII together. If the college presidents and Big XII poohbahs don't act swiftly to radically improve the league, don't be surprised if OU jumps ship. Don't think they're not watching this story with keen self-interest.

Baylor's recent ascendancy has made them one of the stronger brands holding the Big XII together. If the college presidents and Big XII poohbahs don't act swiftly to radically improve the league, don't be surprised if OU jumps ship. Don't think they're not watching this story with keen self-interest.

I'm starting to think OU is gone regardless...

• Like 1

Baylor's ascendancy was one of the stronger brands holding the Big XII together. If the college presidents and Big XII poohbahs don't act swiftly to improve, don't be surprised if OU jumps ship. Don't think they're not watching this story with keen self-interest.

If the big 12 isn't proactive, Baylor quitting will be the kiss of death.

Why would players be suspended for recruiting violations? Unless they were altering transcripts for elgibility, I dont know on what grounds they would be suspended.

Because they acceomoney for their commitment. They'll either be suspended or dismissed.