Muhammad Ali, simply 'The Greatest', dead at 74

Crawford

Fastest hands I ever saw on a big man. Another unique thing for a heavyweight Champ, he was extremely charismatic. And all his prefight rants didn't come off as conceit, but as entertainment. RIP

He was the greatest boxer I have ever witnessed in my lifetime or on film. In his prime, I don't think there was anyone that could beat him from any era. He transcended boxing, and was loved for his wit and charm. I would say he was the greatest athlete that I've seen ever. I will truly miss him. If you enjoy a great laugh this is 2 hours and 11 minutes of constant jokes. Just watching the Ruth Buzzi roast is epoch. There are a lot of old faces in this that many over the age of 40 will remember.

• Like 1

It wasn't just his speed, watch some of his more prominent fights... he had "ring knowledge." He used the ropes to dodge everything and when he was taking shots, he used those ropes to bounce around and back at his opponents. He was a truly amazing fighter. I am sad that I never got to watch him during the boxing glory days as I was a Mike Tyson and Old George Foreman kid... It was all about the KOs during the mid 80s-90s.

It wasn't just his speed, watch some of his more prominent fights... he had "ring knowledge." He used the ropes to dodge everything and when he was taking shots, he used those ropes to bounce around and back at his opponents. He was a truly amazing fighter. I am sad that I never got to watch him during the boxing glory days as I was a Mike Tyson and Old George Foreman kid... It was all about the KOs during the mid 80s-90s.

You can watch many of his biggest fights on YouTube. I watched heavyweight boxing up until Lennox Lewis, and the 70's had the greatest matches and fights. With Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Norton, Ron Lyle, Jimmy Young, Ernie Shavers, and Larry Holmes it was the best. I would list Jerry Quarry, but he was a punching bag in most fights. There was always a good heavyweight bout to watch almost every week. Back then, there was no pay per view, and we saw every fight usually on ABC. There were only a few fights that were on closed circuit TV, but they were usually shown soon after on regular TV. It was the Golden Age of Boxing because the other class weights had great Champions as well with Carlos Monzon, "Marvelous" Marvin Hagler, "Sugar" Ray Leonard, Jose Napoles, Carlos Palomino, Wilfred Benitez, and Roberto Duran just to name a few.