Head Softball Jobs Open

HomeRunKing

Good to hear that you are doing well 18, I am just about ready to do the same thing...one more year and then a part time college position and full time grandpaw sounds pretty great to me!!

Yes, I'm doing ok. The coaching part time at St. Agnes has been a blessing for me as I enjoyed very much. I've been home taking care of my elderly mother to the point where I finally had to move her to "memory care" because her dementia is getting so bad. I did get to go to the LSU/Florida State super regional and to the WCWS, but those were quick trips because I hate to be gone for more than a couple of days. I have a lot to do to make the website better and to also get things up and running for our 14th annual clinic in January. So all of this does keep me busy for sure...

I wasn't ready to retire, but now that I have, I do enjoy it. I hope you'll get to do the same soon!

• 1 month later...

Queen City Softball HC... Posted over 10 times on THSCA since May... At least they wanted a true softball coach, many schools would have just changed it to any coach by now! BUT, 4 coaches in 4 years is definitely not a great trend!

District 14-3A is probably the biggest problem though.... Hooks, Hughes Springs, New Boston, & Redwater are all traditional playoff contenders. With those four, it is tough for Queen City to even try to sneak into the playoffs.

Saw Queen City play Hughes Springs at H.S. in one of the last district games in 2017..... In my opinion, QC would have easily made the playoffs in 6 of 8 districts in 3A Region 2...

Sometimes when a team wants to make the playoffs.... district alignment is more important than talent!

Queen City Softball HC... Posted over 10 times on THSCA since May... At least they wanted a true softball coach, many schools would have just changed it to any coach by now! BUT, 4 coaches in 4 years is definitely not a great trend!

District 14-3A is probably the biggest problem though.... Hooks, Hughes Springs, New Boston, & Redwater are all traditional playoff contenders. With those four, it is tough for Queen City to even try to sneak into the playoffs.

Saw Queen City play Hughes Springs at H.S. in one of the last district games in 2017..... In my opinion, QC would have easily made the playoffs in 6 of 8 districts in 3A Region 2...

Sometimes when a team wants to make the playoffs.... district alignment is more important than talent!

This may sound like a crazy idea, but have they thought about posting the job without tying it to teaching. There are a lot of softball retirees in the area that would work for a decent stipend just to coach for a few months without having to deal with the classroom

This may sound like a crazy idea, but have they thought about posting the job without tying it to teaching. There are a lot of softball retirees in the area that would work for a decent stipend just to coach for a few months without having to deal with the classroom

You have to be a full time employee to be a head coach...that can be any type of full time job...like mechanic, janitor, ect ect but it has to be full time. TAPPS and private schools are free to do exactly as you suggest and it works great for a retiree but the UIL says no!!

You have to be a full time employee to be a head coach...that can be any type of full time job...like mechanic, janitor, ect ect but it has to be full time. TAPPS and private schools are free to do exactly as you suggest and it works great for a retiree but the UIL says no!!

The UIL is dumb :) but that is a new topic that would shut down the forum :p

• Like 1

BUT... The "acting" Head Coach could be a full time employee.. and then the stipend person could be the "Assistant Coach". (Retirees are allowed to coach for stipend only... just cannot be listed per UIL as the "official" Head Coach.

That is actually a good idea!

• 8 months later...

Head Softball job at LOVELADY(2A) is open. Job will be posted tonight, 5/7/18, on Lovelady website and Region 6. Lovelady has been pretty average the last several years but have some talented freshman and Sophomores. This year’s 7th and 8th graders are some studs. Under the right leadership, the future is VERY bright for the Lovelady program. This year’s 7-9 graders have 4-5 girls in the Bombers organization with several others playing year round on other teams. Some Coach is about to walk into an awesome situation!!!! 

Head softball job in Mineral Wells is posted too... had our first ever undefeated district championship and we return our pitcher and stud shortstop as well as several other key starters